The White Light Led Revolution

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Weed Dude, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Thanks for the warm welcome and the infos! 

Looking fwd to watching your grow evolve!

2. Yep, welcome to the Red Pill Express

3. #183 Weed Dude, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY!!  Here it is the Solar Spec 150. My best half joked and said we could put it behind the Christmas tree and that is all the lights we would need. Here is the unveiling....

The Unboxing:

IMG_1153.JPG      IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG      IMG_1158.JPG

The light is very well packed. Here is what it looks like.

IMG_1158.JPG      IMG_1159.JPG

Here is the layout of the light:

IMG_1161.JPG      IMG_1162.JPG

Lights On!!  

IMG_1163.JPG      IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

Feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Into the tent it goes...

4. #184 Weed Dude, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    Well it is time for an update! Here we are at Week 3 .... The Sea of Bud!!

IMG_1148.JPG      IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

We have had to super crop just to keep them under the lights. Loving the cool temperatures no heat issues at all!

5. Looking great! Lights are so very sexah!

6. The cola on the far right of the pic has down curling and tacoing leafs and many of the others are droopy. What's up with that?

Christmas tree lights? I thought that's what the RB panels were for: that and mood lighting

7. Yeah they were thirsty... The ladies are drinking like mad...  When you have an apprentice gardener they have a tendency to make mistakes. They sometimes forget what plant they watered and water them again. We had just fed them. I also had to super crop them again because they were growing past the lights.  Plus we gave them a good shaking and hit them with the big oscillating fan. We are beating them up pretty hard to strengthen the branches. I also need to hit them with more cal /mg. Yeah I hear ya on the Christmas tree lights... Yet my better half has a white tree and a pink tree (Her Easter tree) and a traditional green tree. Use to have real ones until the kitties thought it was a great place to hang out and caused a major problem. If you ever had a real tree catch fire it will scare the life out of you.... 

8. Here is a shot of the veg tent.. Just recently transplanted in one gallon pots.

IMG_1151.JPG      IMG_1152.JPG

The larger plant is 2nd generation Numb Feet... Going to pull the "red" light out and put in a 100 x 3w.

9. Sick! Shot them an email yesterday, shipment should get there next Thursday/Friday and then to me the following week just as I wrap up my current grow. Can't wait to get my hand on these beasts. I have a feeling it will beat my SolarStorm at a 160w deficit because I can spread them out for a better coverage. 

10. Hey Weed Dude thought i would stop by. This is GoingGreen btw. Looking forward to future updates. 

11. Whats up Phiste ( GG) good to have you on board. We have set this train on auto pilot and are enjoying the scenery.

WD 

12. So I googled Amare Tech and Solar Spec.  I can't find the companies website, or any distributors.  How do I get more info about these lights?  Where do you buy them?

13. Welcome Hexism, Glad you joined the train.. Check your PM...

14.  Thanks!

I'm certainly thinking about joining the train.   I'm also really curious about these new plasma lights
    http://www.alphalite.com/US/products/products.html#NITEGROWER

So I'm trying to figure out which is the superior of these two newer technologies.

15. That version suffers for the same issue as most lights- it's a point source.

What we want is to spread the light as evenly as po$$ible across the canopy.

Amare's design philosophy uses smaller panels (100/150/260) which can be piggybacked electrically to cover the canopy, distributing the light evenly

I will be hooking up 2 @ 150w Solar Specs in a few days to light a 32 x 32 tent to keep some youg plants going

I see.  I'm almost sold on Solar Spec.  They're certainly not cheap, i'm just trying to figure out if they're really cost effective vs mars II.

17. You can customize your Mars II. Any specs you want. HTown has an all white for veg and a red white for flower. I did an all white, more for flower I'm thinking so far. Only had it 2 weeks now. I did notice it puts out more heat under the lights vs a reg Mars II Full Spec. Had to raise it to 18". It's no Solar Spec, but it's a option.

Check out my grow! Mars II LED & Organic No-Till Soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

Live Free

I think a couple guys here have compared SS to Mars

Do a search

If you follow my grow you will soon see

19. #199 Prepper420, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Even if you bought the biggest Mars II it wouldn't compare to the output of a Solar Spec1040. Or coverage area because the lights are spread out. Solar Spec beats the Mars II in every area except price, that should be the only comparesion. How much are you willing to spend to grow top shelf bud??

Check out my grow! Mars II LED & Organic No-Till Soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

Live Free

20. #200 Peflora, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    In an effort to help you, I just pulled up the Mars II site.

Actual draw ~ 170w @ $192.00

but what are those watts derived from and what is there intensity?

They say 3 x 3 coverage, but the fact is that is insufficient data

What's of utmost importance to us is, what the umoles/m^/sec are at 12 x 12, 24 x 24, and 36 x 36, which is basically how much actual PAR light the plant/plants is/are seeing

If this isn't being posted, there's a good reason

IR is a joke, but it's sexy.

Mutiple monochromes is a band-aid, and 660 is not as important as 600-650

Now one 150w Solar Spec is $395

BUT, the SS 100 is only $295, with discounts on multiple panels whenever you can afford them

IMO, you could build a sweet tent with 3-4 SS 100s

Hyroot, on another site, is getting comparable results with a 100 v Area 51 160w panel!

Try YT search. He posted one a couple days ago