First Time Grower, Thinking Of Getting Superbox Or Super Cabinet

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CompleteNoob, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Ok, before I get started let me give you my background. The last time I smoked weed was in high school and I graduated in 2001. I joined the Military and have been in there since then. I was injured overseas and I am being medically retired. I plan on smoking weed, for medical reasons. I don't want to buy weed and I understand doing something yourself saves money over time so I am not afraid of investing, within reason. I do have a wife who prefers not to know about it if I decide to grow but she is not against the ideal wholly.

That being said I need to create a setup that can be indiscreet, mostly noise free and must have no stench. I was looking at http://supercloset.com/product/grow-boxes/superbox-grow-closet/ and I could keep that in my office in the house I am building or in the garage. Or I was thinking to just really invest and go with http://supercloset.com/product/grow-boxes/superlocker-grow-box/ and just keep this in the garage. They look like something better than I can build myself, a bit pricy but has a 3 year warranty so I feel that is a plus.

I know I am not going to get 10 foot plants with either of these setups. While at the hydroponics store I was told not to get them because I wouldn't get enough yeilds on something that small. They said most boxes online don't have enough airflow and should just build one. Then they offered to help me build a soil setup for $1000 that I could build in my basement... which is not what I want...

So my first question is: Has anyone had luck with the supercloset products? If so would you reccomend the boxes to an absolute beginner, who has the capacity to learn by reading and watching tuturoils.

Second question is: Do you think the smaller one would be ok since I plan on being the only person to smoke my crop?

Third Question is: If you go to their webpage you will see each of the boxes has additional items you can add to help your box, some of them are pretty pricy. Do you see any that I absolutely need? I know what my city waters average ph level is from reading forums on aquarium sites so i think ph strips will be ok over an actual machine. Not sure if I would need a reverse osmosis machine, I read for my city they do not use chloramine or its super low. I plan on doing Autoflowering feminized seeds so I am going to stick to the one bulb provided, I know less yeids. I was only going to do 3 plants at a time to leave spots for cloning so I don't think I need a germination tank. Thoughts?

Fourth Question. I plan to buy seeds online. I have read forums on here about more seed banks than I can count. How do I tell which is for me? I was thinking of going through Gorrilla Seed bank and getting the Easy Kush Feminized. Or I was going to do some pick and mix autoseeding on Attitude Seed bank. Reccomendations, thoughts, experiences? I know I risk having my shipment found but you can't catch a fish without throwing in the line.

I know this was long and I have tried to keep it minimal because I have tons of questions that could be answered by reading other entrys on this website. Trust me I have a ton of questions about hydro, germination and everything else; even though I've watched every video I could online for the past 3 months.

I want to thank everyone ahead of time, you are the experts and I am coming to you so thank you very very much!

2. im a complete noob just like you when it comes to growing my man, i was looking into maybe spending a little change on something like that, and was actually leaning towards it. but then i came across a few threads on here with terrible experiences, alot. but then again, there are alot of people that have had success with them, just search "supercloset" in the forums.

3. Awesome thanks!

4. I would get a digital ph meter instead of using strips.