Legal Pot Stores Open To Joyous Shoppers

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by well highdrated, Jul 10, 2014.

1. However many seed companies are currently small entities operating in only a few places with unique genetics. I'm sure they'd be interested in expanding their markets providing someone bankrolled their expansion. Selling genuine (not crosses or replicas) clone only breeds such as Girl Scout Cookies and Cheese to personal growers could be big money as well. 

2. Lol. There are companies that already make big money off of the sale of genuine seeds. Nothing new there.

3. However genuine clones could be a big money maker especially if we're talking about clones currently found in limited areas.

4. Not exactly.

There were only a handful of stores open for recreational when it started. Even now, the number of mmj only stores far out number the recreational ones. You cannot just decide one day you are going to open for recreational, it does not work that way.

Greedy legislation, unthinkably high taxes, high licensing costs including insanely high non refundable application fees, outrageous  MITS requirements, incredibly strict criminal/tax history background checks, etc....have made it so only a select few can get approved for recreational sales, the backlog for licenses is apparently a few years unless you have some serious pull(cash)...

In my opinion they are purposely trying to increase the black market value because incarcerations in private prisons for possession/with intent to sell are the norm in this fucked up country.

5. I think someone brought that up during one of the LCB recommendation meetings and the state secretly buried him on a potato farm in eastern WA.   Trying to legally sell clones in a state that deliberately blocked personal cultivation probably isn't going to go over too well.

6. Shit eastern Washington is the best area in WA to grow. Guy probably will make a killing....The LCB is just a figurehead in this process. Everything they've pushed for (banning of dispensaries to lowering possession amounts for medical patients has been rejected by either the people or more importantly the state legislation. Through voter initiatives and amendments, the law will be adjusted for homegrows and possibly lower tax rates. Its unfortunate BUT without WA going legal more then likely CO would've been sued by the feds and the whole legalization movement would have been stomped out, IMO.

7. Cool.  Maybe you can tell the good people of WA where they can sign the petition or get more info on that.  Who's fronting the cash? 

8. Hmmm.....state laws allows I-502 to be amended two years after implementation. Its been two years. I-502 made the ballot quite easily so a simple amendment allowing homegrows funded by any number of pro patient and consumer organizations in WA I would imagine wouldn't be a problem. That's the number one complaint of the whole system and it seems like its a consensus among the public that small homegrows should be allowed.

9. regulating must seem a challenge to the people just being introduced to cannabis in the laws  and just the fact that you need to regulate a plant in a home    :huh:    they must be scratching their heads thinking of ways to regulate that dude over there, he looks like he has a green thumb and needs regulating. seems that time can be spent elsewhere more better for all

10. I believe state law also allows I-502 to be amended within 2 years of passage by a 2/3 vote of both houses.  If it's a consensus among the public, why wasn't it changed before licenses were issued? 

11. I think it'll help Trudeau's legalisation plans too - it would be very hypocritical of DC to say it's fine to have legal weed in Canada's back yard but not in Canada itself. If I remember right in the past Canada tried to legalise and the USA threatened to shut the border?

Yeah, but you can grow your own. Problems solved.

13. #73 donutbread, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Hey Seattle residents. Anyone wanna meet up and have a toke? Maybe go chill down at the beach for a little?
    I just got in from Denver (where I live) last night.
    I'm staying in the Edmonds/Lynnwood area.
    I'm being serious, by the way.

(Tim)
    -No donut is more delightful-
    =Dumars=

14. Crazy prices!! It's around 25 bucks a gram in Maine, "dispensary price", but I can call a care giver, get almost any strain from 180 an oz., up to 250. They deliver, and the quality is as good, if not better than the dispensaries !!!! B)