Legal Pot Stores Open To Joyous Shoppers

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by well highdrated, Jul 10, 2014.

1. I guess that is what you don't get. They don't have the option. It's state ran weed for 20-25 /g or your a criminal. Don't want to pay 12 bucks for a burger. Got to mcdonalds and hit the dollar menus. Do they have that option not being able to grow their own. I don't think so.

2. #22 240sxLover, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    ^Don't wana pay 10 bucks for alcoholic cider? Pay 5 bucks for a sixer of PBR!

So you really can't grow in WA? Can you grow in CO?

3. No on wa.
    Co has a 3 flower and 3 veg only indoor unless you have a green house for outdoor.

i get it. 

what you don't seem to get is that before you had no option of purchasing legal mj (doesn't matter the price), and now you do. that's a good thing. 

i agree that the price is high. but for many people it's not a big deal. and market always dictates the price, if people aren't willing to pay that much... well then i guess nobody would be buying. 

everybody wants mj to be the same as tomatoes price-wise, but we are not there yet. this is a huge enough change from where things were a few years ago. 

5. So why do you care? Aren't you in a "legal" place? 

I think most of us that are posting here would rather be "extorted" than arrested...

I don't think your "I Got mine, Haha, Fuck you guys" comments have any meaning to us other than to show that you're immature and are wanting to argue about something that really doesn't matter to us.

I guess that's just the way it is with people that grow 10 pound plants, like you, huh?

6. Yep I got mine and I wish every one else will have the opportunity as we'll but with the way things are heading that won't happen.
    But hey. It's legal. Who cares right.

In Wa you have to have medical paperwork to grow. I have mine and am good till next spring.

8. You can say it until the day you die for all I care.  When legal weed is double the price of street weed, instead of half of it, something's wrong.

Dude - hit him up for $75.  I think I pulled $50 off him last week for a watermelon.

9. Please don't tell me it's a 2g sack of bud valued at $56

10. That's just the value.
    Quality. Not even close.

11. Try the southeast. Sounds like you guys would make a killing selling watermelon and milk.

12. #32 Green Wizard, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
    Washington just needs to amend the law for personal grows, then watch the retail prices fall. They'll get there. Who say they won't?

13. A lot of this cannabis that is priced this high is shit that we consider mids or worse in Washington. Seen a few people on facebook that aren't medical cannabis patients get their hopes up before visiting these stores. Go down to Vancouver and you can pay $60 for 2 grams that smells like hay due to growers using high heat to flash dry their harvest. You can say you'd pay $20 or $30 a gram for crap weed all you want and talk down to people from this state who are used to dank for $5-10 a gram depending on who they know or less if they grow. The reality is that if this is acceptable to you, then you must not give a shit what you consume in the first place. Why not just get a huge pickup of mexican brick 1 time if that's the case? Cannabis consumers haven't been given shit by anyone in this state except for feds in a while, unless you've got a big grow that isn't medical and distributing that shit everywhere, or to minors. Worst I've experienced in the last 10 years when caught smoking cannabis in public was to put it out or get a citation. Most of the state's law enforcement accepted that cannabis just isn't worth the time or effort when 99% of the time the smoker isn't causing any problems.

If you live in a state that you have to pay nearly $20 a gram anyway, then sure, I can understand why you'd think this would be great. You probably have harsh penalties when caught. Unfortunately, with the cannabis I'm seeing from these stores and the reviews, I bet you can get better smoke on the street in at least 50% of the states and that's a conservative estimate. I've seen similar flowers go for $60-70 an ounce in the medical market (or even less if it's smelling like hay and has bud rot, which reviews have stated this is the case).

I'm not going to question what you spend your money on. I'm merely saying I refuse to pay those prices for shit, and I know most of the state feels exactly the same as I do. I don't even want to refer to that crap as cannabis. We'll call that shit Marijuana...or high class mexican dirt, while everyone who ISN'T buying from the recreational stores will actually be smoking some fire cannabis because there isn't a shortage of dank here in Washington. I don't only consume for the high, but also for medicinal purposes, flavors, smoothness, etc. I know what I'm donating for is flushed, organic, pest free, and is always tested. Even if I wasn't a medical cannabis patient, I'd still go to the street because some of the lower quality crap there is equal to these shops and I'd buy bulk at $400 a QP as opposed to $2,400 (which you can't even buy that amount at the stores anyway). Could put the $2,000 I saved into my children's college fund or buy a cheap car, haha.

14. Hell I pay 20 a gram and I dont even have protection from being arrested.

So no extra charge for that protection? Hell to the fuck yes

It's just the first week and supply is tight.  If I had the only 10 lbs of legal weed to sell, I would get as much for it as I could.  That is good old fashioned capitalism. 

16. Cool.  Now, consider if you lived in a place where weed was around $10/g, it's decriminalized with no arrests and there's more bud around than you can shake your dick at.  Would you support "legal" stores at $26/g? 

17. Why not just get it right the first time? 

5 grams last a month? WTF?

I smoke that in 2 days.

I guess your one of the "good" pot heads. Hand clap.

you are not everyone. 

no i'm one of the "bad" pot heads  :ey:

Well young man it seems you've just learned an important lesson: That's easier said than done. We've been at this for well over thirty years whipper snapper.