Legal Pot Stores Open To Joyous Shoppers

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by well highdrated, Jul 10, 2014.

1. http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024022679_storesopen2xml.html

well.. fuck yah. 

2. And I hope she has plenty of money to pay for inflated prices and a shit-load of taxes.

3. beats going to jail or paying $5K for small possession charge. 

and yeah a lot of people can easily afford $20 a gram considering $100 will last them a month or more. not everyone smokes a gram a day. 

4. This is WA we're talking about.  NOBODY is going to jail or paying large fines for small possession.  Same for the rest of the west coast.  I'm sure the stores love people like you - more than willing to pay double for "legal" weed. 

5. Tell him what he won Vanna

6. Again, and I don't know how many times I need to say it, but there is a subset of the smoking population that doesn't want to have to "deal" with a dealer.  I know I would pay $20/g all day long to be able to pick what I want. 

I don't understand why any of you care.  You have your dealer and can keep using them.  Let the rest of us go pay what we please to whom we please.  It doesn't affect you.  No wait, actually it does.  Without the "stores", neither WA or CO would have legalized it, so you owe it to the overpriced stores in a way.

7. And witch of the two states do you live In.

8. Neither.  Which is why I don't understand the bitching.  I would gladly pay $20/g.

And from this article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/10/report-coloradans-smoking-pot-by-the-tons/

the majority of sales are to heavy/daily smokers.  I actually got this wrong as I expected the majority of daily smokers to stick with their dealers, but it seems this is not the case.

9. Ahh yes. As xdog pointed out. The out of staters loving to pay those prices.

I bet you wouldn't love paying 5-7/g and then waking up the day and prices are 20-25/g.
    And yes this does effect the test of the country. They see that people are more then willing to spend money on inflates. What would stop them from doing that in any other future legal state.
    They are setting the example for sure. They are showing how to extort American citizens and get away with it.

10. Living in Florida I too would gladly pay $20 a gram, if I knew I wouldn't be arrested and have to spend thousands defending myself....but this point is lost on unaffected people. 

oh please "extort American citizens"...

your cellphones don't cost $700 and higher end jeans do not cost $200 to make.
    same goes for $6 coffees, $12 hamburgers and so on...

for many people the alternative of breaking the law or paying $20/g is not a big deal as you all make it out to be. just be happy we have rec sales going on.. bunch of whiners.

street prices in nyc are more than that... so what?

you want to go back to your dealer for great prices or grow your own.. still have the option. nothing changed as far as that.

bunch of haters crying for overpaying $7 .. jeez  

12. Those are all material things. Also you have the choice of buying the cheaper knock of phones, pants and coffees. Don't have that option at 20-25/g

How much do you pay for your lb of apples.
    How about a lb of tomatoes.

So yes. Extortion it is.

13. Off topic, nobody's talking about going to the grocery store or buying a phone....

ok, i think your definition of extortion is slightly skewed. like i said "overpaying" $7/gram is not extortion.

and.. hamburger is a material thing? 
    again, you still have the same option as before.

it's a new industry the prices will go down. 

15. As a grower I call $25 a gram price gouging.

A gram cost me about 30 cents to grow!

16. #16 240sxLover, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    How much is an ounce at the rec. pot shops? If it's over 300, then that is indeed extortion. Are you allowed to grow in WA? If I was allowed to grow, I'd easily get over the prices, since I wouldn't have to deal with them.

Oh yeah, just saw this quote in the article.... Sounds like the days of 30 dollar g's are on their way for you law abiding citizens!

"Inside Cannabis City Tuesday, pot was selling for $20 per gram, all taxes included. (Pot averages about $10 to $12 per gram in Seattle medical-marijuana dispensaries.) Owner James Lathrop said prices likely would rise because he got a special deal for inaugural sales from the farmers at Bremerton's Nine Point Growth Industries, and he didn't want to gouge customers on the first day."

it's more like $20...
    but how much should be charged? 
    they won't go for $5 because that would be too low and not enough for tax revenue.

every product has a markup you pay as much for one cup of coffee at starbucks as they do for the whole pound (or so). 

18. Upon further reading, I saw one dude bought ten grams for 200 bucks! 20/g for bulk??? WTF WASHINGTON!?

19. Thats your boy trying to use a flawed example.

10,000+ dollars a pound is not a little mark up. Its not that tough to grow a pound of weed.

I will sell you a gallon of milk for $50 because you are my Buddie.