Wondering If My Health Is At Risk From This Ti Nail

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by alexander1138, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hey I recently bought my first Ti nail from a local dispensary in seattle, was told by them that this was medical grade 2 ect ect that they got it from a local supplier and the fact that i was paying a good 60 for it reassured me at the time that it wasn't a cheap metal or something. Now after doing some research online i feel a bit sketched out due to the apparently excessive amount of fake nails going around the internet. (also found out medical grade is a misnomer, was told that grades 1-4 are commercially pure metal)

Iv been using the nail for about a month, usual discoloration of blues purples and yellows iv been told about, no degredation of the ti itself, but occasionally it smells of a strange metallic scent (using propane to heat the nail) after heating  and has a odd black layer on top of the nail that is always present after a dab despite how many times i clean it. My friend thought it might just be the leftover residue from the erl but it was my impression that vaping oil left little to no combustion after-material.

These doubts coupled with the fact i found a chinese distributed ti nail online with design similar to my own led to me posting this and hoping someone from gc could shed some light on my situation because i honestly don't have enough experience to differentiate myself. iv attached pics of the nail from before I cleaned it, at the peak of its filth. 

Attached Files:

2. I'm pretty sure that black stuff on your nail is due to smoking dirty and non winterized product.

Never seen that nail before but there are plenty of people making legit TI nails that aren't name brand per say. But I would still stick to the name brands just incase.

Post a pic of your earl.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Alot of oils will leave behind a small amount of residue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. If its not name brand I won't by it out of fear of a china knock off. That nail looks like the ones they have on Ebay. Is there any kind of logo on it?

5. Chinese manufacturers offer free engraving on nails if you order 100+ infinity nails. They charge you about 8 bucks a piece. They claim they are gr2 and will even provide a report on it from a testing company. My highly educated nail even gets caked with black carbon deposits. This is because I'm in a non legal state and the product I'm dabbing is nowhere near the quality of "the clear" or any of the top extract products. Blast your nail to like 1000 degrees and keep it there for a minute or two and it should make the black stuff easy to remove. I'm not an expert though and wouldn't know how to identify the quality of the titanium. All I know is I have a cheap Chinese infinity nail and also a highly educated gr2 infinity nail and they act the exact same.

6. All nails should have a slight bit of carbon deposits from dabbing as far as I know.

I have seen many Chinese nails work the same but that doesn't actually mean it's medical grade two. And is your health worth the risk when the price difference isn't even a lot?