Stealth Apartment Options

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by whatanoob, Jul 9, 2014.

1. #21 Baldheaded Rasta, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  2. you can find small cheap grow tents. Less than $300. Mine is 3 x 3 x 6

Let's Smoke About It....

3. Yea those are pricey

Let's Smoke About It....

4. #25 PsypherE, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    $100 gets you everything you need to build a stealth PC.

Here's a quick breakdown

Case - $0(e-waste)-40
    White spray paint - $5
    2 x light sockets - $8
    2 x Y light splitter - $6
    Fish carbon filter - $10
    Extension cord - $7
    6" square pot - $3-4
    Potting soil - $8-10
    3 x 120mm PC fan - $15
    Duct tape - $2
    Cardboard - Free
    4 x 23w CFLs - $16
    9-12v DC charger - $0(old electronics)

Assuming you have scissors and can find a drill you can use that's really about all you need. If you improvise I'm sure you could even shave a few bucks off.

Peace & love
    PyspherE

5. he has an excellent diy setup. But the more moneybyou put in the better the bounty. For beginners though that set up is perfect.

Let's Smoke About It....

6. I recommend a pair of old speakerboxes..one for veg one for flower(or one for storage!). Speakerboxes are nice because no one thinks to look inside them. And most come with the black felt cover which pops right off, makes for a nice hidden cover.

Check out the 'wolf man zen micro carbon filter'  I know there's a similar diy thread on GC but I can't ever remember it. The pencilholder style filter is my goto filter whenever I build a micro growbox...speakers, nightstands, anything under about 200 watts works great with those filters.

I recommend trying to stick to about 1 square foot of grow area and try to fit about 75-100 watts of cfl in it. ...again I like speakerboxes alot for this...they have alot more headroom then a PC case, so imo that makes the build easier.

You might want to consider trimming and drying elsewhere if possible, that's the stinkiest part. I'd look into putting a fan in the window exhausting, or creating some sort of negative pressure in your whole apartment so that if any smell does leak into your room(like when watering), it won't leak into the hallways or the rest of the building. Air freshener isn't always enough..sometimes it just makes it smell like weed+airfreshner. It's better (imo) to have a way to evacuate all the air from your room to the outside...rather then always relying on airfresheners.

7. How does everyone else in the Micro Forums deal with scent control? I have seen a lot of growers living with their parents, in Apartment buildings and rented homes with nosy landlords.. There HAS to be a way to cure bud in an apartment style dorm with no issues. 

8. yep a carbon filter venting and an inline fan

Let's Smoke About It....

9. Definitely look into a Mr. Growpro

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. So, if I have this correct, OP, you'll be in a room, with other roommates and someone who does regular checks?  No way in hell would I grow in an environment like that.  Your roommates might be nosy, hell, they might even enter your room when you're not there.  The RA doing room checks, also un-good.  My experience with RAs (granted this was in the 90's) is that most of them have this hardass mentality because some dumb ass was stupid enough to give them any kind of authority.

If I'm an RA and I walk into a room to check it - If I see a new piece of furniture, I'm going to wonder about it.  If I see a PC case that doesn't have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc hooked up to it, I'm probably going to ask you about it.  The RA's job is to be nosy.  Giving them things to be nosy about is a recipe for disaster.

Ahhh, man.  Just too many risks.  Wait until you can get your own 1 bedroom apt.  Still not great but waaay better than having roommates and a nosy RA.