Into The Unknown

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by barbysguy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. A few more pics,,, I thought only another week for the two I crossed but I looked under the scoop and I will let them go for a bit longer, I didn't baby these things for months to harvest premature flowers!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. What is everyone's opinion on water curing?

3. I went ahead and cut a few lower branches off the plant that is not performing very well, I decided to do a water cure on these branches. This is my first attempt at water curing, u put all the buds in a clean five gallon bucket and covered them with water and placed a strainer over them to keep them submerged, I will change the water once tonight and once a day after that for 5 to seven days. Wish me luck on my little experiment!

Attached Files:

4. Never heard of water curing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I have known about it for a few years but never tried it, it's pretty simple from what I read,

6. Did some reading on it. Sounds simple enough. The only drawback is yeild, taste, and appearance. If you aren't a commercial grower, it'd be perfect due to its short curing time. What I wanna know is, when do you put them in? Like right after you clip them or do you let them dry for a few days? Do you trim the branches and just throw in the buds?

7. From what I read you do a quick trim and put the in the water, I cut the buds off the branches

8. A few pics from this morning, getting ready for a stormy day I might take off work early today and move the girls in to the shed, they are too big for the old lady to move by herself
    We have a great chance of severe thunderstorms with hail and a possibility of a tornado,

Attached Files:

9. Babes look good man, but I would avoid water curing at all costs. It will really turn your high grade product into mid/low grade. It makes it taste and smell like grass cuttings, generally burns harsher than Jar cured, and it totally jeopardizes bud structure.
    Hang dry, trim and cure for 3+ months in a jar. You won't regret it!

10. I do usually jar cure, I read somewhere that water curing helps with smoothing out the smoke not making it harsher, I am glad I only did a few branches

11. Looking good brotha! After reading up on things, I decided to do a water cure as well on a couple branches...just to see the difference. Good luck

12. Right on man! Hope it works out for you, I changed my water tonight and it smelled great like a pine tree / skunk. Did you get any of this damn rain tonight, I got poured on with hellish winds, I am glad I got the plants in my shed!

13. It's not too bad up this way kinda just drizzling

14. A few pics I took this morning when I put them back out side, a view from different areas, and a shot of a test bud I took off the best looking plant,

Attached Files:

15. #95 barbysguy, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Also when I was carrying them back out I noticed they have not been drinking much water, I watered them 3 days ago and they are still heavy with water, is this something I should be concerned about?

16. Not at all! That means the end is near! When they no longer need nutrients, the plants stop taking in water. Cut out watering almost completely until the plant needs it. Wet roots at this point in the plants life is not really a good thing, it just acts like a petri dish for fungal infestations.
    My plants that are finishing up (in 20 gallon smart pots) only drink a half gallon of water every week and a half or so. It may seem like you are under watering in comparison to what you were used to giving them, but like I said the further into flower they get, the less water they will drink. Plants look great man. Love seeing those donkey dicks dangling like an octopus, always a good sign!!!

17. Started to harvest!

Attached Files:

18. Done with one plant and my back is killing me. I got them all hanging in the closet with fans circulating the air around!

Attached Files:

19. The beginning of another long day of trimming, after this one it will be a few more weeks untill the el diablo is finished! The beer can if for comparison.

Attached Files:

20. So how did your water cure go?