Into The Unknown

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by barbysguy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Usually by the time you start to find caterpillar damage it's to late to do much.. It will look like some of your buds are drying out in places.. When tugged you'll find them either cut completely off and just setting there or they will be nearly cut through and will sag once touched.. If you pull out the crispy looking bud and look close you'll find a small green caterpillar munching away and little black balls of caterpillar poo.. Everyplace it shit you'll find the beginnings of gray mold.. Even after you harvest the damn things will start to drop from your hanging drying buds by the dozens.. You'll knock them off only to find dozens more hanging by silk an hour later.. Been there and done that.. Lost a couple of my early plants to caterpillars.. Now I treat with BT start to finish..

BT for caterpillars - start to finish
    Green Cure for Powdery Mildew - start to finish
    Spinosad for everything else that crawls in flower -  can be used in all stages but I hold it in reserve as long as I can
    Neem oil - for veg stage only..

2. Just yesterday I helped a buddy trim out his small harvest of 2 plants.. One is a total loss due to the caterpillar damage.. It's riddled with them and so bad I doubt we can even salvage any of it for even hash.. And he knows better.. Has a sprayer and BT on hand.. His excuse was I was lazy and didn't think they would infest .. Stupid fool if you ask me..

3. Yes sounds foolish to not do any spraying when you have the right stuff on hand, I have not seen any caterpillars on my plants just damn mites little damn relentless bugs.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. things are going rather smoothly right now, the plants are flowering nicely, the el diablo is now flowering it's going to be a real late bloomer.

Attached Files:

5. looking good brother! keep it up

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks man!

7. I got the itch today so I went ahead a chopped my afghan kush ryder, this has been the slowest and smallest of any autos I grew, even with all my other autos where grown inside under cfls, but she looks great other than being small and smells sort of pungent and sweet at the same time.

Attached Files:

8. came out good brother! will give you a nice smoke until the rest of your harvest. how long you gonna
    let it cure?

9. I don't really have time limits on curing. I dry untill stem as a bit of a snap to it then jar it and burp them twice a day for a hour and will start to smoke on it when the fresh hay smell is gone around 30 days or so

10. sounds good! happy tokin brother

11. It got pretty cold last night the low was 33 at my house. I ended up putting my plants in my shed for the night and I put them back out this morning. I believe they are doing good and was able to pull through the night! Sorry for the low quality of the pics...

Attached Files:

12. Just a pic update things are still going great.

Attached Files:

13. A few pics

Attached Files:

14. Since both of you are doing picture updates, I guess I'm gonna have to as well lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. looking good. that's a huge cola!

16. Thanks man thats one of the side branches I was going to snip off in the beginning of flowering,,,, glad I left it!

17. Pic update things are looking great!

Attached Files:

18. #78 LeftHandLead, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    ^^^ Gotdamn @ that middle pic... Those colas look like donkey dicks! Excellent work!

19. Damn homie shit looks amazing! Let's us know what dry weight was and how the smoke is

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Thanks but looks are deceiving, those flowers are really airy and full of seeds, but it does make for a good pic. I am sure the smoke is going to still be good.