Into The Unknown

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by barbysguy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Hello fellow blades. This is my first attempt to have a outdoor grow in 16 years. The strain I am running are 2 seeds I got off my blue lemon thai that I crossed with a white widow, all my past grows have been inside under cfls. This year as a proud Coloradan I convinced my wife to let me put a few plants out side. I already harvested 2 autos one was a northern light and the other a Afghan kush ryder. Now on to the 2 lady's I am currently trying my hardest to get to a decent harvest. They are in fiveish gallon pots with Fox farm soil. They have been out side for 2 months. I been checking out other grows here in the outdoor and going to be picking up some sort of fencing to build a cage around them to help support them better when they start to put on some weight. Any advice I could get from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. You are rocking for a noob, things sure look great...advice?...keep doing what you're doing!

3. Thanks man!

4. I forgot to add that I have not added any nutes to the soil yet. I have been wanting to stay away from chemicals. Since I did not mix this soil or add anything to it before planting, could I top dress the soil with organic supplements when needed? Or should I look up some recipes for teas?

5. #5 OldPork, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014

You got some early flowering going on there, so top dressing or a tea with a high P guano like Sunleaves Indonesian would do the trick, but I recommend using 1/2 recommended dose to start.  Also if you top dress keep it from getting too close to the stem.  If you have a grow store in your town maybe they have an organic high P solution.  It;s hard to believe they look so healthy and never been fed...a testament to your growing medium

6. Thanks for the solid advise, but I live way out in the sticks in Colorado and don't have a actual grow store but I am going to be looking into where I could pick up some high phosphorus organic ferts. I might go and talk to a few farmers around here and see if they would know of where I could pick some up

7. Bat guano and seabird guano are just what you need during flowering. Add some kelp and alfalfa meal too. I suggest making a era with them and let sit for 48 hrs in a bucket of water. Some earthworm castings will help also. I put the dry amendments in a stocking and suspend in a trash can full of water with two giant air stone to add oxygen and help break down the amendments. Water with the tea and top dress with the left over nutrients from the stocking. Your plant will love it.

8. Thanks for the great advise on pay day I am going to try and pick some stuff up. I think they are needing something a lot of the big lower fan leaves are starting to get yellow, and I can't figure out what's eating at my leaves. I have been spraying them with neem oil once a week to keep the pests at bay...
    I think my el Diablo is coming out of some catapiler damage it had I am going to be transplanting it here soon, still as not showed sex yet, I was sort of hoping it would be a male so I can do a cross again with the 2 I have going now.
    Also my last Afghan kush ryder pop it's head out of the soil. 1405001176845.jpg 1405001159102.jpg

Attached Files:

9. I am losing the battle against spider mites. I have been spraying with neem oil once a week, occurring to the directions. Does anyone know if it would be safe to spray every few days, I have read that the eggs are not effected by the spray. I would greatly appreciate anyone's opinion on my problem.

10. You need to change up you pest control products. I use BT and spinosad for caterpillar control. Neem oil and Organicside, Azamax for mites. I always add 1/4 oz to plain biodegradable dish soap. It kills mite and also the neem work better. Mites can evolve and become resistant to products so it's important to change what you spray each time. Spray plants every 3 days for the next 2 weeks or until gone. Them spray at least weekly to prevent a new infestation. Once flowering begins caterpillars will appear so make sure you prevent them by spraying your plants. Make sure you spray the underside of the leaves as that where mite lay their eggs. Make sure to remove infest leaves and webs created. I would kill the mite then wash them of the following morning or later that day. No one like smoking bugs.

11. #11 Boggieman, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Looks good barbsguy, Im also gonna recommend topping with jamaican high p bat guano too (havent used indonesion but sure its a good bet too along with any other high p bat guano). Also I would recommend kelp meal and wormcastings all scratched into top few inches of soil and the faster the better. However if you want a liquid organic line I had great success with earth juice bloom, catalyst, and high brix molasses. I still use the high brix molassrs every year. You can simply get a visa wallmart debit card, load money on it and order what you need online.

As for mites have you tried changing your neem brand? I like to get neem concentrate and mix my own I personally believe most premade mixes are too weak. Also try switching up with insecticidal soap or other organic pest deturants. Also I would say its safe to spray them once every 5 days and spray early morning or late afternoon to avoid sunburnt plants. The last month before assumed harvest personally I wouldnt spray your plants with anything but that is just me and some people do it up till the last ten days before harvest.

12. Thank you... I do spray with concentrated neem oil I mix 2 table spoons in a 2 liter bottle. I have talked to the local hardware store and the owner is going to order me some high phosphorus organic fertilizer. I inspected the plants this morning and I have not seen any new mite damage on the bigger plants, but my el Diablo plant has new damage.

Attached Files:

13. Things are still going good.. I transplanted the el Diablo plant yesterday, it looked a bit sad this morning. The Afghan kush ryder is looking good.

Attached Files:

14. Get spinosad, and go to the garden center and get Sonething else to kill mites. You can get Azamax or other product degigned for mites. Switch what you use each spraying and spray every 3 days until gone then one a week or biweekly.

15. Thank for the advice. I will be going to the hardware store today, the owner Saud my fertilizer will be into today I will ask if he can get some of that other kind of pesticide.

Does any one know if my plants are actually flowering or are they still just showing preflowering? And if it is to late to try "lollipoping", I never have attempted it. Has anyone tried it on one there plants? Does it help increase yield?

16. Just got back from hardware store and I thought I was getting something totally different than what I got. Its liquid fish fertilizer. Has any one used this stuff before.

Attached Files:

17. Mix it as directed and water the plants. It will give them a good boost. You are gonna only want to use until flowering begins then use high p and k. No or very little nitrogen will be needed in flower.

18. The guy at hardware store said this is the only thing that he can get me that's organic. When I went in to order it he told me to just use miracle grow. I am going to have to order what I need online. How high of phosphorus am I looking for?

19. #19 Kronicly Insane, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    Go to a Home Depot, ace hardware, Osh or Lowes will have what you need. Most will have plant tone which contains most of the dry amendments mixed together. Top dress the plants and mix into the topsoil. Water afterwards. Stay away from MG. It tends to burn plants and is not designed to provide the proper nutrient levels for cannabis. Good luck.

20. I have given the plants the fish fertilizer 3 days ago. The bottom leaves are still yellowing, but over all they are still looking great. The el Diablo started showing sex it is a female. The Afghan kush ryder is growing at a extremely slow pace. 1406041614144.jpg 1406041640821.jpg

Attached Files: