Plants Are Growing Tall Not Wide And Are Getting Holes In Leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by offthericta, Jul 8, 2014.

1. So i don't know why the plants are growing so tall and are not getting bushy.
    They have little holes as you can see but i have been around them for a while and not seen any bugs or spiders no sines of webs ..all i see is some flys that dont seem to do much around them and a dragon flys

they are in 7 gallon pots and the small ones u see are in 7 gallons now aswell

Attached Files:

2. Not an expert by any means man but I suspect it's some kind of insects or slugs eating munching on them at night, do you have any repellent spray? Don't worry about the growth, they are looking incredibly healthy from what I can see, usually slightly later on it's life, during pre-flower/flowering the plants will experience a lot of inner growth (obviously that's stain/cannabis type specific), with branches coming out and will bush up nicely.

Also many people on this site do LST to help bush up their plants, have you heard of that?

3. It seems like caterpillars. Look at them closely and see if there are little black eggs on the plants or if you see caterpillars. If there are then get a catepillar spray and spray when its dark. It should take care of them.

Om Namah Shivay!

4. And as for tall and bushy. Its not in your control, the more they are on the indica side the taller they'll and the more they are on the sativa side they will be more branchy.

Om Namah Shivay!

5. @[member="Trinetra"] @[member="the_tobzster"]

I bought some Captian Jack's deadbug organic insecticide to try to get a good range of bugs and such

as for the plants being tall. their not growing any branches just leaves going up and up as if it doesnt have enough light but they are in a decent spot where i dont think its the abount of sun
    \t 

Yeah man, try doing LST - Low Stress Training. Basically you almost bend the plant down, from the top so it's almost at a right angle and tie it down with some tape or string. Leave it for a while to grow and basically because the top of the plant isn't reaching the light, the plant will bend in order to receive the light as well as inner branches will start to form.

Oh and to the other guy, it's Sativas which are the tall one's and indicas the small and bushy  :smoke: