What Will You Say To God When You Die?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Cooterbrown, Jul 8, 2014.

2. I would love to see someone go to a homeless man, or starving people and hand them a bible or ask them to pray to god. God answers prayers like anxiety and the common flu for people in rich city's, but ignores real world problems. True free will would be him showing himself, fixing the world and answering meaningful prayers a contacting us in any way.
    That way we could choose him or hell. But him hiding away from us, and the fact that people question his, or any gods reality is a reason they do not exist . We have to choose jesus but we don't know he exists? All religions are this way, we have free will but we blindly choose god. There is no way to prove jesus except blind faith, and that's a huge gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. So much negative. When you die you've withered away all that's left is the energy you put out. It's like a chain reaction. Someone receives the negative and might spread more negative because they're thinking negative. Spread the good. Not the burning in the lake of fire mumbo jumbo.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

4. #44 Accident Hero, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014

Desperate tribe leaders needed to fabricate a foolish story to tell their illiterate followers to keep them in line?  How do our responses prove that...

This reminds me of something I heard on the radio the other day... "We run a Christian business, so we have Christmas parties not holiday parties..."  which is funny, considering it's a pagan holiday, but sometimes I just realize the religious aren't exactly the most gifted people but it's not their doing.  It's their leaders.

Until this new Pope, there wasn't a Christian alive (or dead) who would ever have told me that I was bound for anywhere except hell even if I had committed no sins.  Why?  Because I don't believe in God.  I guess now it's the Pope and you.  As for all of us being sinners, speak for yourself.  You don't know the rest of us.  You're extremely judgmental without even having any facts.  This god of yours sits in heaven himself as a sinner, so it's not as if the place can't hold sins. 

I'm guessing you think he should be excused from commanding his followers to sin, which would be like saying that the Nazis at Nuremberg should be imprisoned but Hitler should not.  The guy is - by Christian standard and belief - the architect of all sin, but you don't call that a sinner?  You kind of have to call the guy who invented bread a Baker, because wouldn't you have to have done it once or twice to know how it's done and share it with others?  But not so when you're inventing sin.  You can create it, create the people that do it, create the intent to do it, and do so all with the intention of watching it happen, but as long as you create the human stupidity that will excuse you of it, you're all good!

And the answer was killing his own son?  Yet, how do we treat people who kill their own children?  Exactly.  We treat them like what they are - psychotic people who need to be put away.  But give a guy infinity times more power, and his followers say that means infinity times less responsibility.  Just because we can't punish him doesn't mean we should excuse him.

If there is a god, these things you say about it are probably not true.  I expect it would be happy that I didn't believe the nonsense and buy the bad reputation people are giving it.

There is no ignorance in how I would face this so-called god.  I spend my whole life with ignorant people drumming this idea into my head, and when I am a moment from death I won't be surprised if my brain dreams it up trying to give me some misguided hope.  But the truth is, if that god had any power, compassion, or care for my well-being it would just stop my death, not give me some place to play solitaire for infinity.  If it was healing people, it wouldn't turn its back on amputees.  If it was anything but a myth and if it was as smart as people say, it would completely understand when I decided that it and everything else I experience is something I can't treat as external to my mind in any serious way.  Just because you're lying to yourself doesn't mean I'm ignorant because I refuse to.

5. The sinner shit he's talking about is original sin and how every child born is guilty of their fathers sins and that goes back to adam and even and original sin...

But in the New testiment jesus was killed on the cross for those sins so if you let jesus into your heart you go to heaven...

So yeah you go to hell for not believeing in god/jesus
    Not sins because jesus died for those sins, so its all up to belief

6. #46 Accident Hero, Jul 10, 2014
    Surely a holy and just being will be able to explain why it's fair that I should have to suffer for something someone did six thousand years ago without even realizing why it was supposed to be wrong in the first place.

7. #47 -13 Amp-, Jul 10, 2014
    well see i asked my really religious friend, what about a little child in africa that was raised without Christianity and the child dies...it wouldn't have been able to let jesus into its heart so it'd go to hell...how in the fuck is that fair...

and all he could say is that the kid wouldn't because god is a just and fair god...

but then that opens up a loop hole in the "you have to accept jesus into your heart" deal...apparently ignorance is excusable, but being a honestly good person isn't

it also begs the question if god is really loving and there to guide you and all that, why would it even allow someone, its creation, to be ignorant of him?

8. Remember that killing babies thread. It talked about what if I started killing babies so they would go to heaven because they haven't sinned yet. And wouldn't have to suffer from this world. Then after all the killings I could repent and go to heaven. I liked that one.

9. "...Apologize to me right now."

10. Back in about 2008, I was a very stong believer in the Christian religion. I was raised in a very strict religious family, and was forced to read the bible very often. I prayed often, and believed that Hell and Heaven are real. Until I discovered the truth!

Here is an amazing compilation of spiritual information for everyone on the planet Earth.

playlist:

01 - Wisdom from Semjase
    02 - Desiderata
    03 - Sfath's explanatory text
    04 - Contacts with Asket
    05 - Eduard Meier's 1-4 contacts with Semjase
    06 - Talmud of Jmmanuel
    [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mpAq_zI32Q[/VIDEO]

This is a digitally remastered documentary about the legitimacy of the Eduard Albert Meier case. Enjoy!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty8rvJAJAJc[/VIDEO]

11. #51 -Martyr, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    I'll lay there in silence to mimic all that he's done for me.

12. Perfectly written

13. Please...I can explain.

14. I would say " hi"

but I think your question is more of a what would you say to god if God were to ask why didnt you accept the bible as 100% Literal and reliable"

I would say "I tried for a long time even convincing myself that I believe and to some extent I did believe but I could never contextualize alot of the stories like a six day creation, adam the first man, noah building an ark and saving the entire planetary species even penguins from the arctic, and jaguars from the amazon,

I found all these stories to be beautifuly written and I often looked for deeper messages behind them, I also had a hard time believing everyone  who never accepted jesus went to a fiery pit for eternity.  I thought about aboriginies in Australia why did they deserve an eternity of punishment after a lifetime of struggle,  it just didnt sound plausible a loving God would do that. 

My intentions were always good, you created me with a conscious almost like a blueprint for how to live directly onto my heart and it manifested itself in the form of empathy and compassion,  I gave what little money i had away many times,  as a man and a father i worked hard, sacraficed, and provided for my child, not only financially but i was her mentor, and teacher.  

You created me what I am, a Human, and i grew up to be the best human i could, thank you"

15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhke_1WnX-Q

16. Please compare and contrast cum samples from every race and religion. Particularly what is the viscosity, sweetness,sourness and color? Does it have a yellow tint? Are there black dots? Does it go good with eggs?

17. If I ever get a chance to meet "god" I would tell him that as a man in this world nothing is easy. There are plenty of snakes in this world who would love to trick you into beliveing them. Who would try to take ur money and family from u. Then I would tell him that if he cant understand that I was just trying to live right and survive this fucked up place he made then maybe heaven isnt for a human like me....... but it comes down to this.. if "god" is all knowing then he knows that even tho Im not a believer... Im a good person and treat people with respect. If I cant get in with those values then send me to hell.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I wouldn't say anything.

I'd just step up and kick
    him square in the nuts.

I'd ask God something pithy like: "Dear God, if you wanted me to believe in you, why did you entrust your existence to uneducated and very narrow minded people?  Did you really expect me to abandon facts for their idiotic and unpersuasive arguments?  Seriously?"

20. No no, not good enough. Lake of fire for you :).