I Want Another Dog [Suggest Breeds]

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Led Zeppelin, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Need exercise like no other..but they are def awesome dogs.

2. #43 Led Zeppelin, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    I was looking at pit pups near me and i thought about going to get one. there is one asking $90 for rehoming.

I would probably do a yearly birth control (its a shot that's annual but kinda expensive), because I don't believe in invasive population control (or surgeries).

3. Pit bulls are the best, sweat meat heads.

4. #46 Marktasti, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    Poodles man, they are awesome, smart and easy to train

5. I ended up getting a sweet pit bull rottweiler mix pup. She's a smart little sweetie :)

6. Yay for mutts!

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410913501.382469.jpg

People confuse my girly for a pit/rotty mix literally every day :p

8. Ugh pits... If that's what you want... I'll take an akita over a pit in a nano second. I'll take a cat over a pit.

Do you like shiba inu? Smaller version of akita, extremely cute and playful, intelligent.

9. I have a female Doberman and she's the best dog ever.

10. Toy schnauzer, most loving dog ever! Hypoallergenic, no shedding, small, and fun!

11. Boxer....don't shed, loves people and exceptionally affectionate... image.jpg

I would recommend a Borador if you want a high-energy, goofy, athletic, affectionate dog.

borador.jpg bosco&louie.jpg dog.jpg

Side effects of this dog however can sometimes result in this.......

uhoh.jpg

13. Since you asked in July I'd guess you got it by now but the best dog I ever had was a Blue Heeler, or Australian Cattle Dog. Very high energy and takes a bit of effort to keep up with them especially while they are young, but they'll love you for it. Great with the rest of the family too but the one I had bonded with me and followed me everywhere.

If the energy there is a problem or you don't like the breed the bull types are also great as others have already mentioned. Pounds are full of them and there's a lot of variety to choose from in the type, from the American Bulldog to the more traditional American Pit Bull Terrier they are all great dogs and I've had a few myself over time, either full or mix breed.

14. Damn, that is a beautiful Doberman. I've always thought they were one of the most badass yet elegant dogs. Right up there with all black German sheppards. Name?

15. Isis Nakita

Attached Files:

16. German short hair pointer
    Here's one of mine

Attached Files:

17. #59 touchmynugs, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
    Our great Pyrenees and great Dane also have two more Danes.... All super great dogs

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

18. #60 Emmalou, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    Please opt to adopt!
    If you have your heart set on a purebred dog, though I am a big fan of mixed-breed dogs myself, there are many purebred rescue networks nationwide. There are also many purebreds to be found in dog pounds, rescue shelters, humane societies, etc. And please, get your new companion spayed! One place you may like to start your search is at  https://www.petfinder.com/animal-shelters-and-rescues/starting-a-pet-adoption-organization/breed-rescue/ and you might also check out http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/rescue-network/
    Rescuing a companion animal not only saves that animal's life, but it opens up a space in the shelter for the next homeless dog to be rescued. Spaying and neutering is not only beneficial health - wise for the animal, but is the only responsible option given the current pet overpopulation disaster in this country. Millions are euthanized yearly for simple lack of homes. Food for thought. Good luck with your search!

P.S. Just scrolled back through posts and saw that you had adopted. Will leave this post up in case anyone else is interested in the links. Best of luck with her!