Etaffate First Grow Ever

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by etaffate, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Thought I'll just share my first grow I've been lurking around pretty much learn everything by reading things here. Combine everything I learn and decided to give it a try. I'm growing a Jack widow fem started with cfl and I just added a 150 hps for extra light. Was planning to veg her 5 weeks she's at about 3 weeks now. Growing hydroponic with 5 gallon bucket. And here's my pretty lady

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Forgot to add a bunch of stuff

Setup....
    5 gallon 10 inch dwc
    with maxigro and maxibloom dry nutrients

Still on maxigro just bump up my nutrients to just about full strength yesterday. No nutrient burn surprising so I guess so far all good. Added liquid calmag yesterday, notice one or two little brown spots at the tip of the leaf so decided it could not hurt. 

When she was about 2 weeks old the cfl bulbs fell on her, lost about a quarter of her leaves but she is recovering well. Do some half ass lst, pretty push her in a different direction everyday and hold for a bit to let the smaller leaves get some light. 

Couple of questions....
    Does she look like she's growing weird? I feel like she has a lot of branching.
    How big do you think she is going to get during flowering, cause she's pretty short now. 

3. Need lots of help came home to this. Is it light burn? Or nutrients burn? What do I do? Ph is a bit high at 6.5 is that causing it?

Attached Files:

4. Do you think she's going to recover? I dropped down the ph hopefully it won't go back up

5. Unfortunately I do not have one and Ph meter is being shipped right now. Every week I bump up nutrients

6. Update from yesterday she seems to be doing better. Grew a bit from yesterday, but she got very smelly over night so I'll take that as a good sign. Is she small for her age? Should I veg her longer so she can recover?

Attached Files:

7. IMAG0134.jpg IMAG0136.jpg IMAG0139.jpg Well new picture update she's turning into one dense little bush. One month into vegging she's got another two weeks to go maybe sooner if she gets to big, but we'll see 

8. Next update 5 weeks in one week to go to flowering. Gotta say she's a good strain. Drop the hps on her and she's still doing well. Planning to take some clones from her in a week so I'm hoping her undergrowth gets a bit bigger so I can have done nice clones.

Attached Files:

9. Anyone who does hydroponics, do you pre mix your nutrients into your water or do you do it when you change out your water? I pre mix in gallon jug and what I've notice is the water I made about a week ago has gotten thick and noticed some floating things in the water is that normal?

10. I personally do it right when I'm putting the water in. I measure out for each gallon then put it in. I wouldn't premix my nutes.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1298766-2Nd-Dwc-Grow-With-White-Widow.

11. Measure your water you add to Rez, add ur nute ratio according to water amount, then adjust if needed.

You shouldn't ever mess up this way, if you stay with same strain and nutrient brand.

If you change up strains start low, much easier to add than take away.
    Just my opinion tho..

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

12. Thanks I think that's what I'm going to start doing. On another note idk whether to be sad or happy but I'm pretty sure my girl is going to out grow my light and this is day 4 of flower...might have to invest in some cfl or lst her some more :(

13. Bend her over and get a ppm meter too. Dosent have to be top of the line .. But it's better than nothing

14. she looks really good. I've been trying to give a lot of the new growers on a budget tips on how to increase yield on the cheap - do you want some reading material?

Seems like you are missing Co2 which you can make homemade for about 5 dollars
    no extra UV light in there, UV cfls cost only 10-15 dollars and increase trichrome production, potency, and size(both of these are things you could benefit a lot from RIGHT NOW based on where you are in flowering)
    there are a few additives for your medium you could invest in for not much cash too.

send me a pm if you need anything :)

15. Well week 2 of flower nothing bad has happen and I pulled off 2 clones off her. One died so I have one clone so hopefully mini me survives.

Attached Files:

16. Day 21 of flower 

She's looking like a big girl  now. Bud sites are developing. I think she looks more towards the sativa side so she might be in flowering for a while. Just bought some Aquashield and KoolBloom. Going to start her on the Aquashield so let see if that makes a difference. I'm going to wait to start the Koolbloom seems to make plants hermie so I'll do it at end so she won't get the chance to hermie. Overall she's doing fine. She is a pain to change out the water not she has to weigh like 15 pounds now. 

Attached Files:

17. Day 46 of flowering. She's not very impressive bit I can say koolbloom makes a noticeable difference. No problems yet with it. I do think she's going to go longer than 65 days. What do you guys think?

Attached Files: