Israel Launches ‘Protective Edge’ Counteroffensive On Gaza, Hamas Responds With Rockets

Discussion in 'Politics' started by J-DILLA, Jul 8, 2014.

1. It isn't far-fetched to believe Hamas would launch rockets from such "sanctuaries" as you romantically describe them as.

Would you prefer Israel not warn civilians in advance?

It isn't far fetched for the IDF to bomb civilians either ...

Plenty of evidence of that ... and there's nothing romatic about it either.  Just so you are aware.

3. Report: Abbas to announce end of unity agreement with Hamas

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Report-Abbas-to-announce-end-of-unity-agreement-with-Hamas-374625

I guess that the Hamas attempts to assassinate him swayed his judgment a bit after all.

Hate him all you want, but it certainly looks like Bibi was right in this case. The unity government was a mistake. It was a great idea, but it's impossible to deal with Hamas in any meaningful way and Abbas was only sullying Fatah's name by trying.

4. #1487 nativetongues, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    If you can't make your point without someone's else's words or bullshit political cartoons then it's a good sign that you have no idea what you're talking about. Neither side is right. When will you guys realize this and stop this bullshit cyclical argument? I find it hilarious that so many people who claim to think critically for themselves post bullshit propaganda from both sides.

Will bibi require blood work and genetic testing before they are allowed into the promised land?

I don't believe so, as they probably already have relatives in Israel or can verify their identities with their local Jewish community in France.

otherwise they would have to?

8. I've never heard of it happening, even with people whose paternal great grandfather was the only Jewish blood relative in their ancestry.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29179655

10. #1493 J-DILLA, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    Conscientious objectors don't exist in non-democracies, like the Muslim world, for example.

Let's acknowledge the fact that Israel is not a perfect country; it is a bold sign of its functioning democratic system when it's citizens are able to refuse to act out on orders based on their personal views without risk of being persecuted.

Occupied from whom? Who were the previous administrative powers over Gaza and the West Bank?

The point is WHAT they are saying, not that they are free to say it.  Although it is great that they have the freedom to tell the truth about their government/army.

12. #1495 J-DILLA, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    \t
    Haniyeh: Hamas will not give up weapons
    Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh stresses militant group would never agree to disarm "in exchange for rehabilitation of Strip,' says 'weapons of the resistance are a red line'.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4570489,00.html

Do they not realise this conflict, the blockades, the sanctions, the walled border and the death is solely because they keep attacking Israel?

Fucking put down that bloody AK, have a coke and a smile, and create a fucking decent future for the children of Gaza not yet blown up by your drawing of enemy fire towards.

13. So.. They killed the three guys who kidnapped and killed three settlers..

And then declare an end to the insurgency?

So was it an attempt to weed out Hamas..

Destroy Tunnels?

Or avenge the dead kids?

Sure seemed like the IDF would change "targets" when it was convenient throughout a massacre.

This whole ordeal is a big shit stain on the face of Israel. From start to finish. Just a big giant shit show.

14. The attempted arrest of the suspects turned into a gunfight, resulting in their deaths. Not that I feel bad for them.

15. I don't feel bad for them either.

They kidnapped and executed three people. They deserve what they got but I guess what I'm trying to point out is..

Why didn't they do this INSTEAD of massacring 2000+ people over 65 days under the facade of "saving the teens"

With the mighty Israeli Intelligence behind them they were touting the entire insurgency you'd think they would have executed these guys already with almost zero casualties.

Israel literally fired hundreds of missile.. Conducted hundreds of drone operations.. And had hundreds of boots on the ground in Gaza.

And it took them until..

JUST AFTER the conflict to actually kill these guys? Doesn't make ANY sense. The part that irks me off is them calling it the "end of the insurgency"