D0Pest Dope First Attempt At An Organic Grow Log.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by D0pestdope, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Like I said, I'm out, won't be back. Good luck my friend. Don't worry about checking out my journal, might be too childish for you two.

G'day.

2. OP didn't mean to disturb the flow of your grow,nice  healthy seedlings,just didn't want anyone to think random light cycles was a good idea.

3. Yea I never thought it was ha. But appreciate you stopping by to drop some knowledge.

4. Update...

My plant is looking good so far. Im starting to run into my first problem tho... tho I dont think its major in anyway, I would like to know why... my bottom two/ first two leaves are starting to yellow. I know they dont matter but I dont want the rest of my plant to take in the same. Any help is awesome like always! But besides that shes growing beautiful. Still seeing lots of leave and height growth. Especially in growth over night. Will be posting a bunch of pictures so you guys can maybe diagnose.

Other than that its been smooth. Watering once soil is dry. Only other thing that threw me off was yesterday I checked her and the stems of the leaves were slightly yellow. And it was on most of the leaves. Dont know if it was structure of the leaves or not.

Onto the pics...

5. Day 16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you look close you can see the yellow parts of the stems. Look at the actual leaves. Is it anyrhing I should worry about? Or just let it ride?

6. And btw my lights arent touching my plant. Pics make it seem closer. Also my lights give off almost no heat. I can hold them in my hand without any worry. My temps stay between 76-82 and my humidity is usually between 52-48 lights on and about 60-55 lights off

7. DD,
    I'm not positive, nor as I stated not a pro here. To my untrained eye it looks like slight nute burn. Possibly the soil is a bit hot for the youngin. The slightness of it wouldn't scare me much yet, only if more yellowing starts showing.
    Legal disclaimer.... I'm no pro so take advice from me at your own risk. I am sure someone with more experience will drop by and confirm my diagnosis or tell you I'm an idiot and go run around your house in boxers screaming to fix the bogus info I have provided.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Lol well for now ill let time do its thing. Im going to test ph right before lights out. Don't know if that could be an issue. haven't yet checked

9. Lol well for now ill let time do its thing. Im going to test ph right before lights out. Don't know if that could be an issue. haven't yet checked

10. Just test my ph. Im pretty sure its a little high. I have the test that uses capsules and pretty sure its about ph 7.0

11. #31 northlat, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    you're probably keeping your soil too wet ,the plant should almost wilt before you re-water. also you should re-pot to larger containers as your roots will have run out of room to expand. ph isn't likely to be a problem in organic soil.

12. Thanks! I was sorta thinking the same. So far nothing more has changed. The two bottom leaves are slightly more yellow. But thats all. The soil is fairly dry and last time I watered all the leaves were very droopy. I have a pot with cooked soil ready to transplant but I wasnt sure when the right time to do so is. Since I know root bound is bogus based on the solo cup challenge. I want her to stay short but bushy tho. Without affecting yield much.

13. well,the solo cup challenge is apples to oranges. sure i've grown and re-generated plants over and over in small containers,but that's not what organics is about. for a set-up like you;re running you need to figure how much grow time you need for your plant to finish ,then supply ample soil,water,and nutrients.in organics you strive for a soil that is so loaded with nutrients that micro-organisms thrive and break down the nutrients to a form that is available to your plant,then you only  need to supply water.  given that its really hard to resist tinkering,you need to practice LIFTA to really succeed. :smoke:

14. Sick mang, subbed.

15. Day 19!

Plant is looking fine. It shed of the first two leaves. I guess it decided it didnt need em. But shes show. Tons of growth and I think its on its 4th node.

Couple of questions...

When should I transplant into my bigger pot? I was thinking at 3 weeks?(2 days)

And...

After I transplant when is it safe to begin LST? Dont want to stress plant too much and not really sure when its supposed to be ready......

But here come the pics...

Day 19

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. DOpest,did you kill your plant or something?

18. Haha no. Just been really busy. Will post an update before lights out. Also had to figure some things out with her and wanted to sort it out before one. But doing well now...

19. i transplanted my seedlings when they were about the size of yours  ,did you find dank ohzee's guide to early growth in the organic section?

20. Northlat , no didn't find that. I usually have a hard time with the search on here. I just read what I find ha. But mine started to significantly slow in growth, which is why I transplanted. Ever since its been fine.

Onto the update!!!

Almost a month old and it's now getting real ha. Ran into a few problems over the past week and a half. Had a few leaves turn yellow and growth slow , so I moved into its final pot. Ever since the yellowing has stopped and the plant has been taking off. Just started LST and it has taken to it well. Will be training until I get it just how I want it.

To scared to top and cause any more stress. Want as many tops as I can get, which is why the lst.

Also noticed a small problem starting... Last night when I switched the lights off I noticed 2 gnats in my grow area!!! Any good solution to that now? Trying to stop now before it gets any worse ...

Any help helps! Ha

Onto the pics.... (Not my camera, not as good quality) sorry...

[​IMG]