Why We Are Divine Beings

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Kimono, Jul 6, 2014.

1. #1 Kimono, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    Consider this

In order for humans to have discovered the world atoms and molecules that constitute matter, which are essentially the building blocks responsible for the construction of the entire physical universe, they came to develop microscopes, technological instruments that enabled the discovery of a world previously hidden to them. These instruments served to aid a particular aspect of sensory impressions accessible to him in the physical realm namely his sense of vision.The microscopes that amplify his sense of vision are made of matter.
    His sense of vision is made possible by an organ called the eye, this transmits the sensory impressions that constitute light to be interpreted by the brain and manifest as his sense of vision. Both of these organs are made of matter.
    It can be said therefore, that purely on the physical plane, an organism composed of matter, used an instrument composed of matter to discovered the world of matter. Matter has discovered itself.
    There is also the world of the nonphysical, the realm from which emerges the realm of the physical. It could be said that within it, the realm of the physical is at once being contained and directed. Thus there is a link between the two. They are each other's inverse nature. They contrast each other to make possible the realization of each other's validity. For a man to contemplate his own awareness of being in the world of the intangible, it could it be said that, an intangible awareness, is using intangible awareness to realize intangible awareness, that is in turn both the container and director of that which is tangible in the universe. It follows therefore that this intangible awareness is god/divine nature as it encapsulates physical bodies to which we have access and control (We are yet to realize the full extent of this, at present direct control is limited to control over our physical bodies and even that is not at 100 percent), which essentially makes you god. Divinity is using itself to realize itself.
    Now this whilst it appears that we can only possibly direct and control only a fraction of the physical realm, these abilities are only the beginning.
    They signify the ability of that which is intangible to direct that which is tangible. We know that everything in the universe is made of the same thing so who is to say that in future it will not be a possibility to have that same kind of control over physical objects that are apparently apart from our direct range control (telekinesis).
    Humans have evolved to the current level of intelligence and dominion over the physical world, and this evolution has not stopped we are still evolving. What seems impossible now can very easily be the norm in future. I believe that we are beings that are slowly realizing our divine nature. The only thing that is slowing our evolution down in my opinion is that a lot of us tend to hold to beliefs that certain things are not possible. Our own limiting beliefs are stopping us from evolving at a faster rate.
    There are so many things that are a part of our everyday lives as far as technology is concerned that would appear as "witchcraft" to the mind of a medieval man. I wonder then how much of the prevailing disbeliefs of our times will be the norm for future man? Thoughts? 

2. #2 Boats And Hoes, Jul 6, 2014

I enjoyed the post, Image.  :smoke:

But, what you say here is so true... I've thought this to myself like a million times. Life is crazy.

3. #3 Alaric, Jul 6, 2014
    We are not divine beings, we exist because nature and its laws allow us to. Our existence is dependent on the fact that we must continually move forward scientifically if we wish to stave-off extinction.

Ah, the antithesis arises!

Now, who will synthesize?

Gods to who? Ourselves? Certainly not nature looking at how we abuse it.

"Our being subject to error is not a positive imperfection, as you take it, but the negation of a higher degree of perfection." - Descartes

7. Why do you assume that there is a nonphysical aspect of reality?

8. This part of reality seems to be free of the confines that dictate the nature of things in the world of the physical. In in my mind I can entertain and concepts that are not bound by the more rigid laws imposed upon the physical world. I can, in my imagination "break" laws by imagining things or situations that simply would not makes sense in the physical world, concepts that ,in theory, would not subscribe to the laws of the physical world. This is very difficult to articulate. I guess it is something of an experiential assumption that I'm not sure I can necessarily prove. Is the realm from which emerged very question physical?

9. #9 Heroic Dose, Jul 6, 2014
    most definitely imo. thoughts are physical, electrical impulses traveling through synapse relating stored data to other data.

10. a being made of matter discovered how matter works, how the hell does this have anything to do with being divine 

the rest of your post is absolute drivel 

11. Look further back than just the thoughts. What about the realm within which those thoughts, those electrical impulses traveling through synapses exist? In other words there is a realm prior to thought, a vantage point from which we notice the existence of thoughts. I am talking about the part of you that is the "watcher" of those thoughts. 

12. those thoughts, thise electrical impulses exist in the material world as everything else. the "watcher" is a product of how the brain operates and responds to those physical thoughts and exists in the material world like everything else. it is a product of how our brain senses and interprets the world.

and really, why assume a nonmaterial part of reality exists when everything we have ever (and could ever) show tells us it is all based in the material? why refute the things we have proof of to try and fit baseless ideas into your world view?

13. I feel I have explained enough in my post as to why I feel it has anything to do with being divine. The fact that we have a certain degree dominion over matter, and our technological advancements as well as our continuously evolving knowledge of the the universe garners an even greater degree of control over the building blocks of the universe. This means that over time we are getting better at "creating" things or more accurately arranging these building blocks in a way that can be of benefit to our desires for advancement. The question that excites me the most is to what end? The particular arrangement of atoms and molecules that constitute the organisms known as homo-sapiens have been around for about 200 000 years, the habitat in which we are placed as been around for 4.54 billion years, relative to the environment on which we have been spawned we are not even infants! This is only the beginning of what is possible for human kind (provided we don't allow our technology to destroy us hehehe), To say that my post is drivel may only be justifiable for only a small fraction of time in a world that has been evolving for 4.54 billion of years, let alone a universe that has been around for more than 13 billion.

Thank you for your contribution barrano

14. Like I said I cannot prove this this however does not make it baseless it simply means I have not fashioned a means to articulate the the internal rationalizations upon which this idea is based, consider for example the theory of relativity was in effect at the time of the Dinosaurs. During Einstein's lifetime there was a time when, relative to the current understanding, it just an unproven theory, it did not make his ideas any less real than they are now. 

15. but regardless of if you can express those thoughts, why assume them?

16. That actually a good question, I suppose it is because I believe in the idea. I believe in it because of an intuitive gravitation to the idea as truth (God! Words are so horrifically limiting sometimes, that is the best that I can muster). Also it was in the name of exploring my belief in the idea, through the opinions of others. I wanted to discuss it in a particular way.

17. #17 yurigadaisukida, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    I don't see divine beings.

I see smart animals acting like dumb animals.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Either everything is divine being or nothing is divine being. Both are appropriate ways of viewing reality.

19. The thing is though, our consciousness isn't matter. It is the consciousness contained within the matter we are made from that gave us the ability to discover matter.

20. Our egos create our divinity. How could we not be Devine, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum