Chefs Second Course - Cherry Bomb, Ak49 Amnesia Haze Autos

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ChefZiggy, Jul 6, 2014.

1. It's my other money sucking hobby. :bolt:

2. Took a quick shot of the seedling and veg cabinet.  Just added the labels so everyone is identified.  The non-labeled cups are where the other White Rhino seeds are going.  Not at all pleased with them.  Two of these five are floaters.  :mad:

Seedlings-1.jpg

3. Cant wait for this lot to get underway! are you a Canon or Nikon man? awesome pictures, macro's are byfar the hardest to perfect.

4. Nikon full frame. Although, to be honest, I have considered looking for a point and shoot to do macro with. The smaller sensor cameras end up with crazy DOF at macro distances compared to DSLR's.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

5. Ah well Im a Canon shooter. yeah I have thought about getting a P&S aswell. One of the newer models caught my eye, cant remember the name off the top of my head but wow it can take some awesome pictures almost as good a DSLR. Tried practicing my macro shots this afternoon with some bee's on one of our lavender plants. Couldnt quite get the focus right, but was getting fairly close. Good practice maybe tomorrow afternoon if it isnt as windy, I may get some better shots.

Shot at 1/1250, f/5.6, iso 400 @ 300mm then further cropped.

image-6.jpg

Nice bee!  The trouble with macro shooting is that the movement caused by your heartbeat can move the focal plane somewhere you didn't want it.  I really should use my tripod next time.

One of the things I love about this organic business is the simplicity.  I just spent 10 minutes doing all of my care taking.  Checked and turned the seedlings, turned the ladies and watered them.  (Couple of gallons in each tray, straight from the 5 gallon bucket.)  Looked them over good, marveled at the combined smell in that room.

Admired them a bit.

Now I'm good to go until tomorrow afternoon.  :bongin:

7. About to go stir and maybe cap up some of BadKittySmiles canna capsules.  Used 3g of the dry ice kief in 2 tbsp of coconut oil plus some soy lecithin to aid in absorption.  The capsules I have (emptied out melatonin caps) should hold about 0.5ml so these won't be as strong as that recipe calls for both due to size and only having 3g instead of 5+ grams. That should make this experiment safer to ease into, right?

8. Forty caps in the hole!
    1408592847328.jpg

Sent from Chefziggy's Kitchen

9. Awesome experiment!  Can't wait for the results!

10. One cap gives a pretty decent buzz. As much or better than a couple of bong rips. Glad I only took one.

11. Popped two this evening before getting on the mower.  About an hour later I started to feel it.  Ate dinner then watched "Maleficent".

Trippin'.  Balls.

About to go cap up the rest of it!  Got my larger capsules in today. :smoking:

12. Thirty one and a half more. And these are about twice the size of the melatonin capsules.

Crap... 1408675851116.jpg

13. Lmk if you need help with those :devious:

TJ

14. I have a feeling my sister and her friend will help me more than I want this weekend.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

15. #115 ChefZiggy, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    This evening marks 61 days from planting.  The bloom bloom room is smelling soooo nice.  The Cherry Bomb is finally starting to have a bit of cherry smell.  Both the AK49 and the Amnesia Haze are starting to show some senescence.  Trichs are mostly cloudy, a few still clear and a handful of amber ones. It won't be long now...

First, a room shot.
    BBR-61.jpg

Amnesia Haze
    AH-61-1.jpg   AH-61-2.jpg   AH-61-3.jpg

AK49
    AK-61-1.jpg   AK-61-2.jpg   AK-61-3.jpg

And Cherry Bomb.  For some reason* I didn't get any closeup pics of her.  (*The reason is weed.)
    CB-61.jpg

And now the youngins.  First, the Thai Stick.  They seem to be happy as clams.
    TS1-14.jpg   TS2-14.jpg   TS3-14.jpg   TS4-14.jpg

The Jack Herer is a very happy girl.
    JH-14.jpg

But I am terribly disappointed in the White Rhino seeds.  Out of 10 I only had 4 germinate and one of them croaked.  And one of the survivors is pretty poor looking.  I'm not giving up on the last three yet, but I'm not hopeful.  And these are regular seeds so I may have all males anyway.  Hmmphf.
    WR1-14.jpg WR2-14.jpg WR3-6.jpg

16. Is it possible to overload a carbon filter? Between the AH & AK the whole basement is starting to have a "green" smell. The filter is only a few months old.

17. idk about overload a filter with smells but with dust is certainly possible. Maybe give it a cleaning and see if it's any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I changed the dust filter before the start of this run, but I suppose it could be clogged again. Then too, them's some stanky gals...

19. Is it possible you have a leak?  Air being forced (or sucked) out somewhere that hasn't been filtered yet?

20. Pretty sure that's not it. It had been smelling in that room for weeks, just started to notice it outside the room yesterday. I'll give everything a good check though. Need some colored smoke...