Chefs Second Course - Cherry Bomb, Ak49 Amnesia Haze Autos

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ChefZiggy, Jul 6, 2014.

1. I'm with OP above, looks more like over watering. The clawing usually has a straighter leaf and then just the tip drops down, I believe. These seem to be doing a nice long bend.

2. Update on the clone army.  I took the cuttings on 11/28 so that's about 13 days give or take a bit.

Of the original five White Rhino #1 cuttings, all have some roots and two had enough that I potted them up today. The White Rhino #4 is lagging a bit, but three of those six have a little root starting as well.

All in all a good run so far, eh?

WP-7136.jpg   WP-7138.jpg
    WP-7140.jpg   WP-7144.jpg
    WP-7145.jpg   WP-7150.jpg
    WRC-8D-2.jpg

3. Can't wait till I have the space and funds for more stuff to grow with ugh the struggle

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Those look amazing

4. That's a DIY cloner. Not exactly unlike a Power Cloner®

5. It's sweet I just want to get to the point where I can have enough to not have to pay as of right now I'm spending more then I pay for. Rent on pot. Lol I need that down and I thi k I'm on track just have to get some things down better and still have some bugs to work out in the closet

6. I'm hoping to add a 5x5 tent. And a few mid range led s in a few months hopefully

7. I'm not sold on the LED's yet. It just doesn't seem like they have the penetrating power of HID lamps.

8. I like them simply for not having so much heat to manage

9. I can see that. luckily with my setup being in the basement heat hasn't been an issue. In fact I run a heater sometimes since my light has an air cooled hood.

10. Sooooo ready to chop, but they aren't.  My stash is gettin' a bit low.

Plus those two White Rhino's are crowding my veg cabinet.

And I got a dozen clones coming on.

99 Problems.   :smoking: 

11. I know the feeling Chef, 4/5 and my curing jars are full doing there thing & The drying cabinet is also full too. Need to get chopping before the cured stuff gets smoked! 

#99 problems :D

12. So here's some bud shot's of the Jack Herer. She's at 76 days or just shy of 11 weeks from the flip.  As I contemplate my dwindling stash jars I have to ask, "Should I chop or wait another week?"

What say ye, Blades?  By the trichs, she's still not ready.  And she still seems to be drinking.

JH-F76-1.jpg   JH-F76-2.jpg
    JH-F76-3.jpg   JH-F76-4.jpg

13. #273 ChefZiggy, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    And as you can see here, the bloom bloom room is getting a bit crowded. I had to move those other two White Rhino's out of the veg cabinet. They are freakin' huge. (They are in the back.)

BBR-12-14-14-1.jpg

And here's a couple of shots of them between the veg cabinet and the flower room. Those are 7 gal. pots.

WR1-V120-1.jpg WR4-V120-1.jpg

14. Also making some Fire Crackers with about 5.5g of AVB. Used about three tablespoons of peanut butter, a tablespoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of soy lecithin powder. Got that warm enough to be runny then mixed it all together with the AVB I had run through a spice mill. Wrapped the dish in aluminum foil and popped it in the oven for 30 minutes at 240F. Once it cools I'll put it on crackers and have a snack!

15. The Clone Army is incubating quite well...

1418772808356.jpg

16. Well, after chopping the Jack Herer and one of the Thai Sticks on Tuesday morning to make some room it seems that part of that has resolved itself.  The White Rhino #1 started sprouting balls.  Figures it was the one that was rooting the best.  But I gave WR4 a good haircut and put a few more clones back under the 24/0 lighting.

Pics on all that in a little while, but here's an early smoke report on the Thai Stick #3 and Jack Herer.  Well, more of a smell report.  I took a sample of the TS first as some of the popcorn and smaller buds are almost dry enough.  Trimmed it up a  little and broke it up.  The smell is interesting.  A bit diesel-like at first, but then settles into more earthy tones with a bit of spice in the background.  Smoke was a bit harsh as expected, but very uplifting so far.

Bolstered by this I took a similar sample from the Jack Herer.  There is very little of the sharp chemical odor I've come to associate with freshly drying buds.  But a lot of the sweet, fruity aroma from linalool.  That's one of my favorite terpenes!  If it develops some limonene along the way I'll be very happy.

Off to sample that now.  

Later Blades!

17. Things were drying too fast here in the cool weather, so I decided to go ahead and trim up tonight before they got too dry. A bit disappointed with the Jack Herer.  For all her beauty she only yielded 27.15g of bud and 9.1g of hash fixins'.

Thai Stick #3 faired a little better with 30.12g of bud in the curing jars and 15.23g in the hash jars.

Oh, and one really nice bowl of finger hash when I wiped out the trim bowl.  :bongin:

I'm feeling a little better about my stash now and can let the others (TS4 & WR2 & 3) go til after Christmas.  I'm going to be off work for a week after sinus surgery so that will be a good time to deal with them.  I'll be bored out of my mind once I feel like getting up and around.

Also, I will say that I find the re-veg experiment a success but not a process I will repeat.  I WAS able to find out the sex quickly by starting seeds under 12/12 and then tossing the males as soon as they showed balls and flipping the females back to 24/0 as soon as they showed me their lady bits.  This lead to seriously dense vegging that I didn't thin enough.  That hurt my overall yields, I think.  I have more of the Thai Stick to try in more conventional manner some day and I have one more White Rhino that has had a long veg, but never saw flowers until just recently.  She is already bigger than the ones left in the flower room and the male had more roots than I've ever seen.  So I expect much better things from her.

Pics tomorrow night I promise!

18. Happy xmas m8! :wave: clones look good. How's the garden? :D

Have been looking into purchasing a camera as an xmas gift to myself.. any suggestions? :D

19. Merry Christmas,TJ! Things are going pretty good. I still need to post some pics but we are out of town. Got a weird leaf thing going on I want some input on. I think my first batch of soil is finally playing out. But shoot, there have been several plants run through it.

What's your budget? And how serious do you want to get with photography?

20. #280 Da-Lu, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    looking good in here chef!