Chefs Second Course - Cherry Bomb, Ak49 Amnesia Haze Autos

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ChefZiggy, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Welcome to Round Two!

After winding up my first grow, I cleaned up the room, re-did my SIP's and started the next run.  On 6/23/14 I dropped one seed each of the following feminized autos: Bomb Seeds Cherry Bomb, Vision Seeds AK49 and Vision Seeds Amnesia Haze.  Soil is the remainder of what I had mixed plus some recycled soil form the first run.  Should be in pretty good shape.

All three popped nicely and are growing nicely here at just shy of two weeks from planting.  The new SIP's are working great.  This time around I have a 5 gal smart pot with soil sitting in a 7gal smart pot with perlite in the bottom.  That sits in a reservoir tray.  Easy peasy.

Here's a shot of the room today.  I also have some Cinnamon Basil and heirloom tomato clones going in there.  Those will be moving outside in a day or two.

WP-4111.jpg   WP-4113.jpg   WP-4114.jpg

Cherry Bomb:
    WP-4116.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
    WP-4118.jpg

AK49:
    WP-4121.jpg

2. :wave: lookin good, chef i'm subbed...

First! :D

3. Subbed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Good to have you along, TMFJ2!

Welcome xander.  Hope you guys enjoy the ride.

5. A little bored so here's a couple more shots from tonight.  These are just 16 days from planting.  They all have three or four sets of true leaves already.  And not a thing but water in the SIP trays so far.

Amnesia Haze
    AH-16.jpg

AK49
    AK-16.jpg

Cherry Bomb
    CB-16.jpg

6. #6 ChefZiggy, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Tonight marks two weeks since they all sprouted. Put a ring of EWC about halfway between the plant and the edge of the bucket and watered that in with water and ProTekt. Hoping to draw more roots outward near the surface. The last ones had a good core of roots going down to the bottom and spreading out there. But I never top watered them until much later on. Think this will help?

Oh, and I swear they doubled in size overnight...

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

7. Score!!  Through a series of odd events and uncomfortable family relationships on my wife's side, we "inherited" this armoire my mother-in-law had.  It is very sturdy, and if it hadn't been painted SILVER, my wife might have kept it.  I graciously took it and said I could do something with it in my basement endeavours.

Can you say "Cloning and Vegging Station"?

I thought you could...
    IMG_20140709_204303.jpg

My DIY power cloner will fit perfectly in the bottom with plenty of room for a small fluorescent fixture.  Then in the top I can see a T5 light on hangers.  Wouldn't need any serious air filtration since the smell should be minimal.  Light proofing would be a breeze.

My only problem (and I plan on addressing that anyway) is that I need to run a new circuit into the basement.  The current one is near overload when I have everything on and need the heater.  Not a problem now, but winter will come again.

It's always something.  Right?

8. Over I have come! Looking forward to it. That armoire will make a pretty sweet veg/clone station.

@[member="xanderjd"] Darkwing Duck! I was a fan. lol

9. Welcome to the new digs. Settle in, make yourself at home.

10. Lookin sweet chef! That armoire will be a great veg section!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. You do great work dude! Glad to see you are gearing up for more fun!

12. Cannabis might not be addictive, but growing it is. B)

13. That's for sure dude and I am having fucking withdrawals............

That armoire is badass, dude! Dunno why that thought never crossed my mind :unsure: but now I want to build one too lol. I had planned on a custom clone cab, but sheet, a cheap armoire would be way easier. Thanks for the gear turn!

14. #14 ChefZiggy, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    When life gives you lemons in the form of misused furniture...

I originally was going to use a refrigerator, but decided that was too much effort. Digging my little closet though. This will sit in another corner as soon as I pick up a breaker and some wire for another circuit. Luckily there is a panel just outside the basement wall.

15. A couple of pics at 18 days from sprout.  Can't believe how fast these are growing.

Amnesia Haze
    AH-18-1.jpg   AH-18-2.jpg

AK49
    AK-18-1.jpg   AK-18-2.jpg   AK-18-3.jpg

Cherry Bomb - This is the slowest growing one.  Of course it's the one I want the most.
    CB-18.jpg

Going to hit them all with an ACT tomorrow.

Oh, and the Yarrow and Plantain FPE is really cooking right along.  Just a little over a week and there is hardly any solid material left.  Just some slime/sludge.  And an extremely foul odor, which I expected.  But dang!

Next weekend that should be ready and will be the first real "feeding" of the soil.

16. Im subb'd! You got some bloody beautys there, cant wait to see the amnesia in flower, going to have some big ladys!

17. #17 ChefZiggy, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Welcome normac. These are autos, so I don't know about how big they'll get, but I'm gonna do all I can to make that come true.

Which is mostly LITFA.

18. Damn dude those ladies look sweet! Beautiful structure and great color. 18 days? Hell yeah! Must be some good soil!

19. #19 normac, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
  20. Just the stuff you and Gandalf talked me through screwing up the last run.;)

I decided to do another run of autos to diversify my stash before doing a batch of White Rhino. After that photo period experience, I'm going after Thai Stick...