Joint Taste Vs Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Pot4fun, Jul 6, 2014.

1. I used to smoke joints only for almost a year, but for the passed few months ive been strictly using only bubblers and bongs. The only problem is that whenever i roll a joint now, it tastes so awful compared to glass i usually unroll it and load the bong. (Keep in mind i use juicy j papers and flash card crutches which i hear arent the best) is the bad taste just because im so used to water filtered smoke now? has this happened to anyone else?

2. Ahaha go grab some kind of organic rolling papers and anything that isn't dyed gross note cards and that will definatly improve your doobers. But honestly some strains I found just really do taste better rolled up. But toss the juicies, no need for those anywhere near your meds! Smoke sumsum

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wouldn't sweat it bro, I don't like joints anymore
    Haven't smoked them since the very beginning

• Like Like x 1
  4. if you really wanna taste it get you a glass steam roller..

• Like Like x 1
  5. A legit vaporizer provides the absolute best flavor, nothing else comes remotely close.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  6. same

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. RAW Original papers are great in my opinion. I sometimes pick them over the bong when smoking alone.

8. Wouldn't say that ever. Sure they provide a good flavor for the first couple hits but I've always hated the taste of the weed after that. I hear people call vape ash 'popcorn' so I'll refer to it as that. I hate the weird taste that it makes. I've used quite a few different vapes and totally prefer the taste of a good bong rip with ice in it while using a hemp wick. Very clean smooth taste, just my opinion that I like bongs/bubblers more for the taste.

9. #9 ckycampmember, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014

do you own a unit? better yet, do you own a quality unit?
    first few hits taste exactly how the bud smells.
    ya at the end it will taste like popcorn, when its completely cashed...

10. Depends on flavor of the bud. Some lemony strains I love smoking in joints and blunts. Peppery/sandalwood stuff I enjoy in a bong simply because I don't enjoy the flavor quite as much to nurse a joint or blunt, I just want the effect not the taste.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I don't own one myself but I've used plenty of different units. One of my best friends owns this high quality volcano vaporizer. Probably the best one I've used, who knows it could have been the strains I've tried out of it that get a specifically strange taste. Plus if you didn't know this tip for getting more taste out of your bud, it tastes reallyyyy good when your exhaling, and you exhale the last bit of smoke out of your nose instead, not sure why but it helps you but I can definitely taste the flavor more when I exhale some through my nose.

12. Volcanos are good units, easy to use and last forever but bag vapes are not known for preserving flavor.

I'd go with something all glass pathway or whip-style over a 'cano any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I love the taste of joints over bongs. But, Bongs work alot better and get me way higher. It's all based on personal preferance. Bong highs seem to go as quickly as they started, But I get smashed. Joints take a little while to kick in, and aren't as powerful, But the high seems to last quite a while longer.

14. If you think joints taste awful now wait till you taste a joint or a bong hit 1 year after strictly vaporizing. :smoking:

You will never burn again in your life.

15. That's strange. Haven't heard of anyone preferring the taste of inhaling paper vapor with their weed. It just adds an unpleasant taste to the bud, just like butane does.

16. More or less blunts over bongs, but the taste of bud is different.

17. Bongs are my everything, but I've been loving Hempire papers. Some of the thinnest & cleanest burning I've been able to find. Also I've been rolling my j's thinner & tighter with more finely ground bud and the taste is cleaner.

(I initially bought Hempire papers because the name made me giggle at the headshop)

18. I have a friend that will only smoke if its a blunt or joint he says it tastes better and ill admit that there are times that im just feeling a joint and will roll one up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 homestarstoner, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    joints taste way better than a bong... you get the pure unfiltered marijuana smoke from a joint.. that sweet hot smoke that resinates with oils while it burns. its beautiful. dont ever compare bongs and joints. its like apples and oranges

20. Honestly for me it all depends on the strain. Ive gone through several people in my time, but one girl's bud tops it all because of one factor...its taste (its also super fiery dankle dank). Sometimes when someone else packs a bowl, sure it may be good, but it tastes like straight windex or some shit like wtf. All those fertilizers and chemicals and whatever else may have been on that plant ends up in the bud. This shit im talking about tho tastes like freshly cut grass. WOW so amazing im gonna start tearing up lol.

Oh yeah.. ever try lighting a bowl/doob with hemp wick or a match? Makes a world of difference ill tell you.

• Like Like x 1