How To Respond To Open Carry Activists.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Jul 6, 2014.

1. " I got nines in the bedroom, Glocks in the kitchen / A shotty by the shower if you wanna shoot me while I'm shittin' "

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It's very possible that something like the Boston bombing could happen anywhere at any given time. To think otherwise is utter foolishness. There are places in the world that things like that happen on a daily basis.

In said situation whatever gun owners choose to do is their own prerogative. I'm sure that a brave few would help the search and even more would protect their own lives and possessions.

What I was getting at is that it's much better to have a firearm and never need it than to have a dire need for one and not have it.

I have no problem with people "parading" around with firearms just like I don't have a problem with pro choice/pro life, gay marriage/anti-gay marriage, etc. etc... people parading around with their nonsense looking for attention. It's their right to do so under the the First Amendment, if you don't agree with a groups stance on a subject that's fine, that's your right.

Instead of saying "stop waving your rifle in peoples faces" perhaps you could just turn your face away and ignore them? It's really that simple.

3. #43 led grower 420, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    I dont have time to read every post in the thread, and whether we are talking about stigmatizing or taking away, my only point is that all the anti-gun people I have seen are not dealing with the real problems facing humanity, with the statistics, but just using emotional false flag event based arguments trying to pervert the role of government where instead of the citizens owning the government, the government owns the citizens, because they think it makes them safer. I agree, i would not stand next to open carrying people, regardless of their uniform, but lets be realistic, nobody in USA gets up and leaves the resteraunt because a cop came in every time you see them, i highly doubt you, I or anyone does that

4. I was truly enjoying this thread until I came upon the word "epistemological". That word threw me for a loop, I tell ya. Had to whip out the ol dictionary and I still don't know what it means.

5. The reason they are doing it, is because it's illegal to open carry a pistol, while it is legal to carry a rifle. 

They want the law switched so they dont have to open carry rifles. 

6. It comes down to the fact that the sight of people armed with guns frightens you. You have an irrational fear that regular people with absolutely no interest in murdering you might do so. It is exactly this kind of fear that leads to gun control legislation.

Tell me, why would someone who has a decent life throw it all away by murdering a random stranger for no reason? Even if you got into an argument or dispute, the chances of someone shooting you in cold blood is minimal, because rational people know they will go to jail for that. Basically, you aren't important enough for some open carrier to murder you.

Not to mention the fact that any stranger you see could be armed with pretty much anything, at any time. A knife, a gun, a bomb in his shoe, you name it, it's possible they have it.

Logically if you are going to walk out every time someone openly armed walks into the place, you have to walk out every time a stranger comes in, and only spend time around people you know and trust.

Of course, people who are afraid of guns don't think logically about the issue.

7. Yes but non-sense it's not a loaded weapon that can kill you. But I believe we'll have to agree to disagree.

8. e·pis·te·mol·o·gy
    iˌpistəˈmäləjē/
    nounPHILOSOPHY
    noun: epistemology
    the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope. Epistemology is the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion.

9. I don't think it's an irrational fear. I think it's very rational in fact. I don't go around trusting people I don't know , assuming their intentions are good when it has been shown that humans sometimes can't understand their own intentions. The brain is a mysterious thing. I don't care who you are. I think I would be safe with a gun and very rational in a certain state of mind , but if I'm sad or angry I wouldn't have a gun around me. Just psychology and the epistemological part of philosophy.

10. Tried?

That's my whole point though, if you don't trust people you shouldn't go out in public at all. You don't know who could have a knife and stab you out of nowhere. You don't know who has a concealed pistol, or a bomb belt on them.

So the question is, why is the gun the issue?

12. idk ive been in texas my whole life.. been taught gun safety by my dad, he has alot of guns including an ar 15, grew up around them, and know they are not a toy, nobody's ever been hurt by them around my house, but i gaurentee a thief or someone would either be held at gunpoint til the police get there or knuckkkk if u buckkkk boy. lol.

of course you and i will have a difference in demeanor around guns, i feel safer when i know there is a gun in dispose of any other texan that feels the same way i do.. most of them do feel the same way, or else there would be no peaceful marching.. rather a big ol shootout at the hoot nanny.. :cool:

13. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Yes we will.

14. I'm assuming you're speaking to me and I also live in Texas , before that Georgia and Florida. I'm fine with guns my demeanor is relaxed unless it's a stranger usually. But let's not just make it about me , I feel like that's where this thread is going.

There are many people out there that would agree with me , I didn't write this entirely to reflect how I feel (generally)

People keep saying I'm driven by emotion , but almost everything we do is driven by emotion so I feel like that's a non-factor.

All I'm saying is life is brutish and short, people are irrational, I do not trust them generally due to the fact of irrationality. I do not assume people have good intentions when they are wielding a weapon and it doesn't matter if they are in uniform or not.

15. But seriously, if that's the case then why leave your house at all? Like I said, anybody could be armed, and many probably are. The only difference with open carry is that you can see their big scary rifles.

That's why your thought process is irrational. Because the reality has never changed, only your perception of it.

16. pretty much so far from what ive read on this thread its already there. lol

we like guns and we like pot!!!  legalize them for law abiding citizens !!!! :hello:

17. #57 jas43, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    Good.
    Get the fuck out of the way.

Go cry about it elsewhere.

This makes me want to open carry my new Yugo M92.
    Its technically a pistol :p

18. wow easy there killer... dont give ^this guy a gun.

Lol you don't have to, Jas already owns several firearms I believe :laughing:

20. People are huge pussies. Like who the fuck gets scared of a mom with an uncocked AR that's probably never been used before? Back in the Wild West everyone was packing heat and no one would think twice about it. It was like the public having a cell phone, it was always on them. I don't think we need to cause tension by agitation, people need to just grow a fucking pair and stop getting pissed scared of this shit..

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404684104.420643.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404684118.485922.jpg

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...