Just Arrested Someone At Knife Point

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Omega369, Jul 6, 2014.

1. You can fuck my bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #62 Nerd139, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Never fail to deliver lol

I would have been worried about patting him down. If he decided to fight and I stabbed him in the back it woukd have been my ass.

Your story reminds me of when I was a hall monitor.  One of my duties was to ensure students stuck to dress code and tucked in their shirts. Most of the kids would do it and pull out their shirts when out of sight. If they didnt listen we were supposed to take their names. One day I am in the hall when I see this kid run past me and another hall monitor friend chasing after him yelling "Tell me your name" he tackles him to the floor yelling at him to tuck in his shirt and give his name. Talking about taking the job way too seriously.  School was over lol

3. 10/10 thread.

Why can't my life have this much excitement?
    Gonna go down the street, waving a plastic spork at people. See what happens

4. Haha that's pretty cool omega. Idk where I heard this but I thought if you're doing a citizens arrest you're not allowed to put the dude in cuffs and can get sued if you do? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight homie.

6. Omega has not been heard or seen since
    The guys homies came back and got him...............

7. Lol,you just have a pair of handcuffs laying around? Great story btw

8. Cool story and sounds like you did a good job, but you know cuffing someone's hand behind their back while they lay in the ground can cause them trouble breathing?

9. #69 Omega369, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
    Haha wayy back in the day when I had the shitty job as a rent a cop, I worked with so many guys like that. I wonder if there's still a YouTube video of my security coworker fighting some guy in a best buy over trying to return a wii.

In Canada citizens are allowed to detain someone, but of course there's always a huge risk of false arrest.

Lol I'm still alive. Nothing really ever came of this and haven't heard from the guy since.

I have a few pairs of handcuffs lying around. There's peerless in the picture, though I really love my smith and Wesson cuffs.

[​IMG]

10. #70 CanIBeShaggy, Nov 24, 2014
    But why? Aha

11. #71 Omega369, Nov 24, 2014
    I'm glad you are aware of that, not many people are.

Working in a maximum security psychiatric hospital as the lead sheriff for 4 years, I made over 40+ arrests in the time I've been there. Most of the time because of assault, other times not so violent. One patient tried to rape a nurse, we had one (non-patient) guy selling drugs to the people inside, assault with knives, aids needles, broken glass, sharpened rocks, etc

It was basically where criminals go after murder, rape, etc after they claim insanity/mental illness in court.

Imagine a lightly secured comfortable prison, with passes granted to the patients inside where they can leave (and easily smuggle in harmful contraband). On top of that you get clumsy nursing staff who leave stuff like needles and scalpels within theft range.

I have encountered asphyxiation complications while performing arrest a few times, it's more common with overweight people. One of the first things they taught us was to constantly run vitals (regardless of arresting position). Gets tough though because 95% of the people are bullshitting and want to get in a better position to attack you (biting, spitting, kicking are big ones). But regardless we have to treat it all as 100% truth, because the small percentage of times it can happen and you kill the guy, it makes you no different than a murderer.

Government bought us new cuffs every year to make sure they are in working condition/hygienic reasons. A LOT of blood on these cuffs, but I made sure to sanitize then well.

[​IMG]

12. I think it's slightly different here in the UK, the police try to avoid cuffing behind the back for that reason and I think it could possibly be against the law (I'm not sure on that). While in America they seem to love cuffing the suspect behind their back while they're laying on the ground.

13. Because it makes beating the shit out of you easier

Cops love beating people when they are already down

14. Aww man dominos pan pizza is delicious!