Opinions On Portable Vapes?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by illuminautical, Jul 6, 2014.

1. #1 illuminautical, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    I'm thinking about buying a smaller, stealthier vape than the one I have. I do a lot of outdoor painting and it'd be nice to bring one with me. I have a volcano right now that I love, but it's not much of a travel companion lol

Any opinions on what a good portable vape would be?

-edit-

I know there's pros and cons to every vape, I was just wondering what vapes you guys would recommend & for what reasons?
    Really the two big things for me would be that it HAS to be stealthy, and preferably not too expensive (like under $350). Other than that I'm not too picky, so I'd really just like to hear what you guys think of different ones :)

2. #2 lwien, Jul 6, 2014
    delete

3. Depends what you are looking for but there are a plethora of good portable vaporizers out there. More information about how you plan to use it and what is most important to you could help us point you in the right direction.

4. I have the Puffit vaporizer. It looks just like a medical inhaler. Recharges with a USB cable. Works really well.
    Cost about $85.00

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Sounds pretty sweet, how long does the charge last you?

6. Pax- $200ish works like a charm. Love it.

7. Pinnacle pro, mflb, firewood, indica, t vape, and ascent. Just a few to get you started on the stealthier side of things.

8. have heard good things on the pinnacle pro. got the micro gpen right now and is working great for me so far

I disagree, I bought a Puffit a while back and haven't had any problems with it. As long as it gets the full charge, it has a pretty decent battery life and it's the stealthiest vape I've ever seen/used. It looks exactly like an inhaler (I got the black one) and have used it on trains and in movie theaters and in the comfort of my own bed.

People are always shitting on the Puffit. If you know how to use it, you can get pretty ripped and be stealthy to boot. The finer you grind it, the better. Sometimes I just fill mine with keif and it works like a charm.

But, to each their own. OP said he wants one that is less than $350 and is stealthy, the Puffit fits that category. I'm not saying there aren't any better vapes out there (there are, I would KILL for a volcano!) but for what he was looking for, this might do the trick.

http://www.discreetvape.com/

10. I have just bought one recently from my local head shop. Its called the magic flight box, i think it is a really good hit easy to pack and just and around good vape. it has a different appearance to other vapes so i think it can be used discreetly i don't think it is 100% odour proof but its more odour proof then just blazing a joint. when i was talking to the seller at the shop he said he has tried all the portable vapes in that store and he said the magic flight box was the best he tried luckily they had one left so i picked it up and i have enjoyed using it.  the guy told me that you only get about 7 hits per battery but trust i got a lot more than 7 hits of a full battery i got loads.

11. #12 lwien, Jul 6, 2014

Everyone has different opinions about vaporizers but I think it's wise to weigh that opinion against a persons overall experience with vaporizers.

When someone states that they like their Puffitup and then follows it up with an, and I'm paraphrasing here, "of course their are better vapes out there such as the Volcano", it implies that if you want to get a better vape, you need to spend 500 dollars plus, which is ridiculous let alone going from a portable to a home vape.   What about ALL those great vapes between the price of a 120 dollar Puffitup and a 500 dollar Volcano?

12. Puffit is junk. I dont care if you got lucky and yours hasnt taken a shit yet but they are junk.

13. Guess I am lucky then :)

Hope you find what you're searching for, OP!

14. i used to back the arizer solo as being stealthy and portable because it is actually pretty small but when u factor in the glass stems its not very stealthy and pretty hard to carry around. you could get the wooden stems and caps so your bud doesnt fall out but you shouldnt have to. if i could do it all over again id go with the pax because its so damn sexy. <puts on flame repelling jacket> I actually like and use my mcig more than my solo and that thing costs $10 (yes i know its not a real vape).

15. #16 Botanical Lift, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    PAX is my portable stealth vape of choice....it works great...love it. It's a little on the light side as far as what it holds but if discretion is key that will always be the case, that being said I blow prob 3-6g a day, not the biggest pothead ever but I'm a good lil smoker and it will get the job done when breaking out the 4ft sitter or rolling up a giggle stick just isn't going to go over well. 

16. I own both an arizer solo and a DBV (which is a desktop vape). Personally, I'd say the solo is one of the only portables which can hit as hard as a desktop and it's sturdy as fuck. You can pick one up almost anywhere for about $200 and they're great quality for the price and should last you for years if treated right.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I've heard a lot of good things about the magic flight box...I like how they look too :) The batteries kind of confuse me though. Can you use any kind of battery in it?

18. Haha glass stems are nooot an option for me...I break anything and everything made of glass lol

Agree 100% with the "so damn sexy" thing, I love the look of the pax :D It seems pretty user friendly, and everyone I've talked to loves theirs...I hear you have to clean it a lot though, which isn't really a bad thing, just an inconvenience :p

19. The mflb is a great choice, there is a slight learning curve to get the most out of it but it basically boils down to how fast or slow you draw.  The batteries need to be Nimh type and it seems that MF supply the best ones for the job.  MF supply two of them with the flight box but they also do the PA which is a power adapter that is plugged in and has adjustable voltage rates so you can tune the high to a degree.

I've got one and I love it..