Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting High ... Not Sure Im There Yet

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JacktheBongRipper420, Jul 5, 2014.

1. (reposting from Apprentice Tokers so I'm not swept under the rug)
    \nA little background first ...
    \nI've been smoking the past couple months (more or less daily since summer started). I started buying from this guy at school who I'm pretty sure was ripping me off, so I got a new dealer who charges $50 eighth, $100 quarter for what seems like really good shit (sticky, smells dank, visible trichomes). I've smoked joints, pipes and most recently a bong I bought for $70. One problem ... I don't think I've gotten high. 
    \nI definitely feel something, but it's not euphoric or even really a good feeling. I get uneasy, see a few patterns in the things around me and feel really heavy. Anxiety but it's manageable. I get terrifically tired and fall into a deep sleep, have heavy dreams and wake up disoriented. I try listening to music, watching TV/movies & searching the web but just end up crashing anyway.
    \nNow I know I've inhaled properly - in fact I bought a bong just to make sure I was getting smoke into my lungs. I fill it with crushed ice now to take bigger hits without feeling sickly, and when I do feel sick I drink water and walk around to get the blood flowing and still don't feel 'high'. I've basically taken all of the precautions I've found online to get a good high MANY TIMES and still don't feel like I'm 'getting high'.
    \nI don't know what my expectations should be before smoking either. I keep reading through threads about how awesome getting stoned is, like the things people feel when they're high, and I don't think I've gotten there yet. I've tried smoking more (average sesh is anywhere from .2-1 gram) but it usually gets me pretty nauseous and I feel way too tired to smoke anymore.
    \nI'm thinking of just buying an eighth or quarter and forcing myself to smoke it all the way through as a hail-mary. Maybe all this experimentation has given me a tolerance already and I need a break?  It doesn't seem like that when I'm actually smoking though. Is it possible I have a naturally high tolerance? Because I really don't want to accept that weed just "isn't for me". There is clearly something I am missing, not to mention the money I've already invested in my smoking habit.
    \nI do NOT want to give up because weed is about the only good or interesting thing in my life right now. I've heard it can take five to ten times smoking weed to get high, but that's usually because people don't inhale, and I must've smoked at least 20 or 30 times. Anyone with a similar experience or just some pointers on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated!!
    \nPeace.

2. Yeah dude the second time I smoked I got high and then it wasn't til like the fifth time I smoked that I got high again because I stopped inhaling properly haha. But my question is how many times had you smoked? And some of the things your describing are things you experience while high so maybe you just have a strain that's not giving that euphoric feeling or something? I don't know dude just keep ripping that bong you should feel it eventually haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Try buying from someone else.

4. That's really weird, that has never happened to me even if I was hitting it wrong I still get pretty high. So i don't know man maybe get better weed or something.

Sent from my Z998 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Yea try some new bud, and maybe your just smoking too much because if its causing you to pass out and in that case you must be high. Lastly its possible youre expecting way too much out of the ganja smoke a bowl.out of your bong and just do something you would sober dont sit there and analzye how you feel.

Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Maybe smoking too much too quickly makes it hit you really hard al of a sudden and you pass out. Try to slow down. Take 15 minutes between hits and you will be able to better judge how much each one is going to "hit" you lol.

Not sure what you are expecting to happen tho... It generally shouldn't make you trip the fuck out if thats what you are waiting for tho. Esp if you are smoking regularly.

7. It took me about five (maybe six?) times before I felt "high." I did feel the way you described, though. Lethargic, tired, super chill, etc. It wasn't a bad feeling, but I didn't feel anything like actually being stoned. 

For me, the first few times I got "high," I was in stereotypical but relatively stressful situations: in someone's car trying to hotbox while he drove around, in a friend's backyard hiding a joint, etc. It wasn't until I was in someone's apartment, sitting down, talking, playing video games, doing normal things etc. that I started to feel it. Actually, what made me feel it the most was taking a drink of water while we were having a conversation. My hand seemed enormous on the glass. lol

In all the other situations I think I was too focused on trying to "feel" to actually "feel" anything, so I bet if you were hanging out with friends or if you smoke and then focus on other things it'll "hit" you, so to speak. It'll happen eventually! Just try not to make yourself sick in the meantime!  :p

8. As the others are saying, I took a while to feel high. Probably around 10 times. I also understand those feelings you're getting. Anxiety and paranoia and what not. But that was when I started smoking, I'd be driving and I see a cop and for some reason I thought they knew I was high and freaked out. But now I'm fine, actually walked into a 7-11 with my buddy the other night at 2am and there were 2 cops there. We got munchies, are eyes red as all hell, and they didn't even care. We definitely reeked too.

What I'm getting at, is that you need to relax. I feel like you're setting expectations for how the high should feel, and when you feel anything other than euphoric, you start getting anxious. First off, when you smoke, especially if you're a beginner, I would suggest smoking with friends or brothers/sisters. Or put on a super funny movie, get some snacks and just relax.