Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Blacked Out After Smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sofiamarquez02, Jul 5, 2014.

1. #1 sofiamarquez02, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
    Something happened while I smoked this fourth of July, and it's really got me worried.
    I'm gonna start off by saying I'm not new to smoking, I've been doing it pretty regularly for about a year now, which is also why I am so concerned about it. 
    Let me explain- 
    A couple of friends and I were at a friends party early in the afternoon. It was about one thirty and I hadn't really eaten all day since I woke up pretty late and just went straight to this party after getting ready. I had eaten dinner around 6:30 the night before, so basically I hadn't eaten in around 18 hours- I know, bad. 
    I wasn't drinking since I was driving but I decided to just smoke a bit to loosen up and enjoy the party a bit more. I smoked most of a bowl with three other friends, though I was the one that took more hits. The bowl was pretty big, though, I'd say twice as big as normal bowls are on regular pipes. I guess my pipe is just big, idk. After smoking, I talked with my friends some more on the couch but then decided to get up to get some water. As I was walking towards the kitchen I got a head rush, which is normal since I had been sitting for quite some time. This is where it got weird though. Instead of my vision going back to normal after a few seconds, it remained that way for about 30 and then it went completely black. I couldn't see anything. My hearing got a little faded as well, it's like I couldn't process what everyone was saying to me. I didn't know what was going on but I knew it wasnt good. My friends got really concerned so they took me to a staircase and I sat down to try to calm down, maybe it was because I was standing idk, But that didn't help much, my vision kinda cleared up and I could see faces hovering over me but it wasn't still very clear. I just kept saying "i don't feel well" over and over. One of my friends suggested I go sit in a car since I could turn the AC on, maybe it was because it was too hot in the house. So we went outside. As soon as I stood up and started walking again, my vision went to black and I was stumbling everywhere. It wasnt until I was in the car with the AC on and had drank some water and eaten some crackers that everything went to normal. But I think i was in this weird state for about 10 minutes, maybe less idk, my sense of time wasn't very good haha. Oh! Also, talking to a friend about it later in the night, she said that when my vision went black, my eyes sort of rolled back into my head and my arm was twitching a little. This is when they got worried and took me to the stairs.
    Sorry this is so long, I promise I'm almost done. 
    I'm worried because when I looked it up most people that had this happen to them concluded that they had smoked too much. But I didn't even smoke that much! I've smoked WAY more before, like three bowls from that same pipe and that exact same weed, by myself too- so it's not that it was laced or anything it was my weed and I had been smoking this for a couple weeks now. So please help! I don't know what happened and I'm kind of freaked out. I mainly would like to know why it did like was it because I hadn't eaten all day?? 
    Help!
    edit~ one last thing is that the last weird thing was that after the incident, I managed to be high for the rest of the day. Like, after one bowl, I was high for like at least 6 hours, which has never happened before. If I only smoke a bowl I usually only stay high for like 3 hours, tops.

2. Normal, you probably took a big hit. And you hadnt eaten to make matters worse

3. friend passed out a while ago because he was dehydrated. He tokes all the time but just hadn't drank anything in a while so he passed out. Im guessing the same thing happened to you since you were fine after food and water.

4. Sounds like you wiped yourself out good! I've blacked out before from smoking too much. It's normal nothing to be afriad of.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Never heard of this!!! I have taken massive hits (For me) and coughed to shit, and puked. But never this! But just remember no one has ever died from Weed!! Happy smoking man!

Sent from yo mamma!

6. Smoked too much? Low blood sugar? Low blood pressure? High blood pressure? Dehydration? Anxiety or Panic attack?

7. #7 xocloud, Jul 5, 2014

8. I've fasted for 24 hours and smoked the entire day without anything like this happening to me. Though I have many friends that have blacked out (more like fell asleep) smoking with me. Sounds to me like you had too much stimulation at once and you body was already tired. I recommend take a day off of smoking, hydrate, and eat.

9. #9 Jon3oh9, Jul 5, 2014
    I had this happen my first time. I wouldn't worry. It's strange but you'll be fine. No one has ever died from weed.

10. #10 YoshiBMFP, Jul 5, 2014
    This literally happened to me yesterday (on the fourth of July) also. 

What happened to me is I smoked a massive amount while sitting down (more than I usually do, for celebratory reasons).

Then, I stood up quickly. I immediately felt drunk - I thought what I smoked wasn't weed for sure. Everything (first from the peripheral view then eventually right into the center of my vision) started to fade into a black color. I was stumbling, I actually knocked my chair over when walking back by it (trying to grab it for balance). Since I smoked so much I was paranoid that I was actually going to die.

I laid down on my bed and at first I thought I was going to pass out for sure. I just laid there for like 4 minutes, then bam. I was fine. 

-----------

What's my conclusion? Orthostatic hypotension. It's what happens when you stand up too fast. When you smoke bud, your blood pressure drops. When you stand up too fast, it drops even more. If it goes below a certain point, you will faint.

Reading your thread it sounds like the same exact thing happened to you. "I got up off the couch and as i was walking..."  "so we went walking, as I stood up and walked again...."

Just google it. Orthostatic hypotension. Or try it without being stoned. Sit down for awhile, then stand up quickly. I've nearly fainted from it several times without smoking bud. But once again smoking bud decreases your blood pressure so it can make it worse. Does it mean you smoked too much? Maybe, maybe not. Next time just sit up straight before standing up and stand up slowly, then wait a few seconds before walking.

You had not eaten all day (blood pressure low); smoked weed (blood pressure lower); stood up quickly (blood pressure drop) --> blood pressure too low = those exact symptoms you described.

Edit: This is all taken from Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

11. I punched myself in the face five times then smoked a bowl. Now my face really hurts
    Why is weed making my face hurt?

12. smoking on an empty stomach = asking for something like this to happen. though it doesnt happen 100% of the time

13. After lunch break a few years ago I had Ceramics class and I decided to spend that lunch break at my house, smoking. This was pretty good weed and much better than I was used to at the time. I remember being nervous about having to have a conversation with all of these people as high as I was. Anyways, we were around a table for the teachers demonstration and I started to hear a slight ringing in my ears and was starting to feel dizzy. Naturally I walked across the room to my bag to take a drink of water and my vision started to blur on the way. I found it incredibly hard to walk in between the desks and had the worst tunnel vision I've ever had. All of these symptoms were getting progressively worse but I made my way back to the table, and some classmates noticed I looked a little pale. It got to a point where I literally could only see directly in front of me and the color was waaaay distorted, and of course the teacher asked me some random fucking question and everything he said sounded so muffled and I could barely make out the words, so to save myself the trouble I just responded "yes" hoping it was a yes or no question. I didn't get weird looks so I think I guessed right lol! It all went away after about 10 minutes and  I pegged it as a short anxiety attack mixed with dehydration. It was bizarre to me though, as I was no stranger to smoking at the time and had prior experience with smoking very good weed and eating edibles.  

14. It's because you didn't eat or drink anything for hours. Same shit happened to me. Always eat/drink before you smoke