4X4 Led Wild Thai Seed, Second Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DDP, Jul 4, 2014.

1. How was that movie? I usually don't like those kinds of movies but that one looks good

2. I just found this stuff ONA gel could I put a T in my ductwork right before my carbon filter and put a jar of this stuff there? Or should I forget about that stuff

3. Looked it up briefly, seems to me that you could make your own versions at home. My gf takes the orbies water absorbing gel balls and fills them in a small container. Then she takes essential oils and she will add the scented oil to them and place them around the house. Works essentially the same, lasts 1-2 months before needing to add more oil.

That company actually has a unit where it is a carbon filter and you attach the scented tub to the bottom. After it passes thru the carbon filter it hits the gel making sure all odors are gone. So it seems as tho it would work but if I was going to invest the money on those. Then also have to factor in the replacement costs. I would just look into getting a UV air cleaner. You can find some nice cheap ones now a days, especially on craigslist. Just make sure to look into them & the technology as there is a lot of speculation on using the systems. I was going to start looking into them for cleaning the air as it comes into the room, smell isn't a big issue for me, but air quality is xD

HTH

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Wow there's so much to look at every day I'm finding stuff I never knew about. I'm looking for air quality and oder control because I'm going to exhaust the air back into my house. If I was venting it outside it really wouldn't matter I don't have neighbors but I'm using it to help heat my house because it gets really cold here and oil isn't cheap. I'll check out that UV cleaner I never heard of it before

5. #586 Spyder111, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    i still didn't find a carbon filter and fan combo what are you guys using?

6. I have use ONA but the spray. I have some 10+ year old OREK cleaners with Truman cells. They work very good for odor control/It is a shame they don"t make them like that anymore. My carbon filter usually is sufficient to remove any odors.

7. So I saw the Dracula movie, yeah usually not my type of movie but I liked the different story line, how and WHY he bece a vampire. It was ok... Not as good as I hoped and there were some scenes that didn't quite make sense or follow the story line (I actually fell asleep for a minute)... It was enjoyable though...

From what I've read on the ona gel, it works but doesn't last that long. I think it's more for smaller grows, which you are sounding like the opposite.
    If I were you I would get the biggest 8" fan I could get, around 1,000 cfm. If that is too big, use a speed controller to turn it down. If you get something smaller like 400, you can't turn it up. "Buy it nice, or buy it twice"
    Buy the biggest carbon filter as well, you can wrap half of the filter with plastic cling food wrap and only use half of the filter after a year or two when it is starting to loose juice, remove old plastic and re wrap used half.

If you do this, then the worst thing that can happen is you discover you need two fan/filters, one for each room, instead of needing bigger kit for both rooms. Only buy two instead of three.

Aha...
    This needs to be large enough to exchange the total volume of air in the room every few minutes e.g., for a grow tent 1.2m by 1.2m by 2m, the total volume of air = 2.88m3. Assuming that this volume must be changed every 2 minutes, the hourly capacity of the ventilator is 2.88 x 30, which is 86.4m3/ hr. The amount of air that can be moved by any particular extractor is known as its CFM rating.

HOWEVER this figure only applies to extraction of air. In order to remove heat (when using HPS grow light systems) you need to more than double this figure.

You said 7x20? That's 140 sqft, let's say an even 8' tall wich puts you at 1120 cuft. So not dealing with heat you need 600cfm air movement. as suggested at least double that for heat, so 1200 cfm AFTER filter is installed. 1200 cfm through 8" is pretty loud. You will be happier with 2 fans running lower speed so it is much quieter.
    Quick look at monster gardens has a Phresh filter 8x24 750cfm for $155 or 8x39 950 cfm for $202. That about 50% more surface are at 25% price increase. Maybe look at a 10" or 12" filter with adapter fitting. Bigger filters last longer so better buy. 8" and 10" fans are comparable in price. I don't know how hard it is to find 10" ducting though... Here even 8" is hard to find.

You have a good problem, you're setting up a top notch grow with plenty of room. But you're looking at small tent accessories. The bigger equipment costs a bit more at startup, but should last you longer.

If I had the space, big carbon in each room and separate fan for each room with speed controller. If funds are getting tight, I'd get the biggest fan 12 or 14 inch, a Y and run 2 filters with sliding gate valves so you can easily adjust how much flow through each filter.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1341205-solar-spec-1040-white-led-vs-mars-ii-2100.html#entry20859361

8. I have the ONA gel that I only use whenever I have to pull my gals out of the tent. It smells like what it is, industrial cleaner. I would just get a carbon filter to scrub the air 90% of the time, and whenever you open your grow area up/ take them out/ smoke some dank shit set some of the ona gel out as needed because it is super strong.

9. Well I know who I'm going to when it comes to ventilation and air movement! I've gotta go back and re read that, haha thru me for a spin.

10. And I just woke up and on first cup of coffee. For whatever reason my mind works different than most people, when I'm medicated I may look at a wooden door, solid wood raised panel style... And I figure the logistics of making the door... Ok need table saw, shaper/router, centralized dust collection, ooh can harvest the wood dust as mulch, where do I put the dust collector? What's the most efficient way of running the ducting.... Sometimes it's a bitch hahaha

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1341205-solar-spec-1040-white-led-vs-mars-ii-2100.html#entry20859361

11. Lol I'm the same way man. If there's something to be done I wanna figure out the best possible way to do it to achieve the best results.

But yes sometimes it can be a pain in the rear end! Get dedicated into a project and run into a jam, it can change your mood rather quickly xD

12. Agreed! That's why I always have multiple projects. Get stuck on one and switch to another project, half way through the second project, I figure out the first :)
    Today my gf has to work, so I hope to sit down with my arduino project and mount 3 Ethernet sockets (remote temp/humidity sensors connected via Ethernet cable. One ambient and one for each tent) and mount circuits inside box. For me right now that's the hardest part due to lack of tools. If I was "back home" I have all the tools and access to a shops and could slap it all together quick and easy :(

13. OCD lol I'm only going to have 4 plants in veg and 4 plants in flower im going to scrog so they should be good size. I was hoping 1 carbon system would do it I'll see what the biggest phresh filter is I heard good things about them. I could make the room 25x40 if I wanted to but I'm sticking with 8 plants total and 6x19 seems to work for that set up. If you go over 10 plants and get caught it's more trouble you get in so that's why I'm doing 8. I've never been in trouble before and its for personal use so if I ever did get caught witch is very very unlikely I would probably just get probation. What's a good inline fan?

14. I have a ton of projects to do but these pain meds make me so tired all day I don't feel like doing anything it's hard to get motivated taking these damn pills

15. #597 DDP, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    I can't really help with a fan. Nothing marketed for canna is available here and importing is so F'IN expensive! I picked up an industrial Kruger fan. German company makes fans that are used in tunnels and parking structures. Company was great to work with. Had fans and silencers almost big enough for me to walk through! It cost me about $200 or $250. All metal housing (for better or worse)

http://www.krugerfan.com/brochure/Domestic/TSK%20II%20LEA026.E2.ED6.pdf
    I have the TSK II 200L

16. If the inline fan cmf rating is 747 and the filter is 810 will that work good with each other? I hope so because I might have found my set up

17. Or I could go with a Phresh Filters 8" x 24" 750 cmf
    Phresh® Filters 8" x 39" 950 cmf
    And a inline fan with 747 cmf?