4X4 Led Wild Thai Seed, Second Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DDP, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Little update on garden. All sprouts look happy and growing. Repotted from starter tray into 3" pots with a little super soil at bottom and surrounded rock wool with starter mix.

The pineapple chunk has me quite intrigued, I tied down the two stems and topped them in the morning. By evening the ends are pulling up toward the light and it acts like it is unphased by the bondage and amputation. Even the top 3 nodes I chopped as a clone is doing amazing, there are roots (can't pull out of soil) and hasn't withered or wilted! Seems like a good plant

2. #22 DDP, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Got home with a power cable to turn on 4th unit. My plants have seen the light!!!!
    I didn't get to see my garden yesterday. But today I see the ladies u see the new light. Maybe they look happier and healthier because they are just starting to stretch, but maybe it's the placebo effect and I think it's because all the light!
    Right now I have them about 30" above the canopy. Tomorrow evening I will lower the lights just a little to let the plants get used to almost twice the power
    View attachment 1531346 yay no more pink photos

View attachment 1531351
    Still geeking over the chrome :)
    And no I haven't medicated...yet

3. Watered the ladies with 1 tsp/gal Epsom salts. Plants seem to dig the extra light!

Trimmed growth on Pineapple chunk mainline.

Chopped and tossed all but one sativa clones.

Took vanilla kush and blue cheese beans out of rock wool and put in starter mix, watered with kelp. Vanilla bean has cracked...

Transplanted runt CBD Mango Haze from 3" pot to grow bag. Plant is starting to grow weird, almost like it topped itself, still small but surprised me with a robust root system.

Installed solar spec 150 in veg over the babies and removed Mars 900, I think this will work good keeping 2 mother plants under less light so they won't grow too much.

I have noticed one thing and I am curious. Yes I think my plants need the Epsom salts as I have a bit of yellowing... But I have one sativa growing outside that is by far the healthiest plant ive grown (ignore the fact that the damn thing won't flower) it is a clone and it's sisters and mother never looked as healthy in the tent and had considerable yellowing. I feed the same, same soil, only difference is sun light and rain water. I am tempted to throw it I toy flower tent and see how it reacts with my new lights

4. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408170568.545877.jpg
    Day 10 of flower

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408170631.012305.jpg oops no rain for a few days, time to water

5. #25 Prepper420, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  6. Thanks man! I'm in Bangkok, I live on the 12th floor and have other plants on my balcony so someone would need a telescope to see what's what. Chances are nobody would even know if they could see it. Pot isn't that common here and it's all smashed brick. I've seen grammas wearing rasta clothes with leaves on the front. I even asked a few people, "pretty colors, pretty leaf. NO CLUE!
    I gave some bud to a friend, he freaked out when he saw how big it was, he never saw a real bud, and he started coughing from just smelling it. "Local stuff doesn't smell this strong". He didn't want a glass jar because harder to hide... I put in cellophane and said his car reaked from the drive home with it in his pocket hahaha

7. #27 bsless, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    I have noticed one thing and I am curious. Yes I think my plants need the Epsom salts as I have a bit of yellowing... But I have one sativa growing outside that is by far the healthiest plant ive grown (ignore the fact that the damn thing won't flower) it is a clone and it's sisters and mother never looked as healthy in the tent and had considerable yellowing.

It might be the Mars is a red spectrum that only targets the par peaks, and the outdoor is getting the complete full-spectrum of the sun.  The white spectrum should be much better, since it gives your plants the full-spectrum they need for maximum growth, the way nature intended and millions of years of evolution based on our sun, and it's sunlight.

I feed the same, same soil, only difference is sun light and rain water. I am tempted to throw it I toy flower tent and see how it reacts with my new lights

Make sure to pH your water because S.E. Asia water is very acidic.  It could also that if u are watering your plants with tap water, if it's acidic will cause your plants to yellow due to nute lock-out from the low pH.

8. Sativas require more light wattage per sq ft and longer dark periods to flower, most won't flower till later in fall when the nights are longer.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.html

9. #29 bsless, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    Sativas require more light wattage per sq ft and longer dark periods to flower, most won't flower till later in fall when the nights are longer.

Si, I forgot to address this fact that the sativas, originating from the Equatorial regions, are accustomed to high-intensity sunlight, due to it's geographical location, and close proximity to the sun.  The other reason they require longer dark periods to flower is because in Equatorial region they get 12/12 light year- round so they genetically inclined  to extend the veg. period for extra growth. 

The actual daily dark period of 12hours doesn't matter as long as it's approximately 12 hour every 24hour cycle.  The reason why I say this is I live in the tropics, and grow both indoor and outdoors with indicas, sativas, and hybrids that flower regardless when I place them outside after vegging them inside with LED within 10days depending on the strain.

10. Dark period is important for flowering because flowering happens with the chemical Pfr changes to pr which induces flowering. This chemical process take 11 hrs of darkness, any light hits it and the chemical change starts over from zero. I love science!! Lol

11. #31 bsless, Aug 19, 2014
    Yelp.  Only red light though, because other color spectrum does not affect or influence the dark period, flowering process.

12. Subbed.

Damn bro sucks that the last two hermied on you. Those Sativa's are a difficult strain to grow anyway. I love how they look because its something different. I'll just stick with my hybrids. The THC Bomb I have growing is 70% Indica and 30% Sativa but still looks sativa dominant for some odd reason. You have a good selection of strains bro, mind me asking where you order? Did you choose a stealth method? And were there any problems receiving your order? LOL sorry for the 21 question's.

13. Not a problem ask away! I ordered from attitude, yeah I select the stealth gift shipping, got a cool ashtray, shame it jumped off my balcony in a heavy windstorm. Got a cheapy baby supper sport bottle...
    Their shipping and my receiving was never an issue. I received some beans that wouldn't crack and sprout. They basically said sorry, not our problem, check with the breeder.

Bsless, you have the plants under led for 12 hour or 24 hour photoperiod before moving outside? I had my begging in a tent for quite a while before I stuck it outside. It seems happy to grow, just not flower.

14. 18 hours, because they do need some rest, and test shows after 18 hours, u start to hit the point of diminishing returns as far as extra growth vs. power consumption.  Give your LED a break, it will prolong the chips lifetime.

15. You veg plants on a 24/0 or 20/4 light cycle before putting outside so the change shocks them into flowering. Vegging under 24/0 makes them grow faster and sturdier stems. Can't find it right now, it's in my book by Ed Rosenthal. Lots of great info, can't wait for his new one.

16. #36 bsless, Aug 19, 2014
    I agree with u, and the guru himself, as I'm also a follower of his teaching..  The question is practicality if it's worth the extra wear and tear on your hardware.  The studier stem can be managed by the use of silica, and wind, via fans.  The thing is these LED are not cheap, and to keep them running 24/7 will reduced their longevity.

17. #37 Prepper420, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    50,000 hrs of life is 5.7 years (24/0)!! So even if you knocked 2 years off that, LED tech is advancing so fast you'll prolly have upgraded by then anyways. :)

18. #38 bsless, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    Oh, what the hell.  Light them up.  lol.

19. #39 DDP, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    Day 17 update: had a new project start this week with work, I've been putting in major hours and sucker than a dog. Customer actually asked me NOT to go to the hospital so I can work... Anyhow I haven't had much time for the plants. The ladies are in LITFA mode so that's good. The veg tent isn't doing so hot though. Out of 5 seeds, 3 sprouted. Vanilla kush and critical kush never popped. I planted the beans in rock wool this time and I think the rock wool was too big and held too much water... 2 sprouts didn't make it. So the only bean that survived is Pineapple Express which I really didn't care about.

Pineapple chunk mainline is doing amazing! I have the solar spec 150 above it and between this plant being the most robust grower I've had in my short experience, and it really taking off with this new light, I'm excited! I just tied down the 4 tops, I haven't topped the 4, thinking if I want to top now or give it a few days until the bondaged shape sets.
    The top clone that rooted super fast and started growing dnt looking so hot :( I hope this next week I can give more TLC to the girls.

My 3 CBD mango haze are looking good. The first one, the runt has taken off and had definitely topped itself. I'm considering mainlining it as it pretty much started it by itself.
    I think I'll soak some more beans today but go into starter soil instead of rock wool
    View attachment 1538134
    View attachment 1538136

20. I just went back and looked at pics from last grow at day 23 f flower and the buds haven't grown as much as this grow has at only 17 days!

Is it the lights? Smaller plants? Clones instead of seeds? I'm just a better gardener now(ding ding ding)
    Most interesting whatever the cause

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408770397.257616.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408770446.540116.jpg

Maybe just imagination, but it seems like the leaves are smaller on this grow, the leaves aren't as big and heavy. Most my leaves are sticking straight out like I saw on my colas, but it's on every branch. Wonder if they are just a lot happier this time or will I have a shit load of tops.