Fist Time Grow Auto Berry Ryder

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Phillyblunts4, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Ok do this is my first ever grow I bought 10 seeds from attitude seed bank and I'm choosing to only do one at a time. I went with an auto just becuar I don't have to change the light cycle. I've already germinated her and she's sprouted to do so I'm going to call this day 1 and here's a pick of my set up ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404429290.373478.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404429330.659988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'm in. Good luck!! Peace

Butchie

3. Also I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil and have 4 cfls all 5000 k 2100 lumens I believe 42 watts

4. Also I was told I didn't have to feed my plant because I was using live soil?!? Anyone know about this?

5. Day 2

Idk if its starting to stretch or if it's going to stretch. Do you think the lights will be ok there because idk how I can move them closer ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404486455.872252.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404486496.871367.jpg

6. ew fist time.. haha

7. Haha damn naught auto correct

Naughty*

8. oh yeah but seriously I think that you should tweak your light positioning , there too far away from each and a lot of light is just going outside the pot ,
    how much wattage you using?
    it doesnt look like that much so making effiecient use of the them is very important

9. I believe there each 32 watts also I did that because I only have two feet to work so I put the lights on both sides to avoid burning

10. oh ok so 128w
    do you mean that you intend the plant to grow between the lights if it has too?

11. I See why you did and it should work....but.... On my first CFL grow I had my seedling about 18 inches from the light and it certainly did grow but it was very leggy and grew at a very slow rate. I also did the same thing as you and put a seedling in the middle of a big pot and I don't think I'll do that again either. I have had a lot better luck with a seedling in a little tiny pot that I can prop up under the CFL. I try to stay at least an inch and a half preferably 2 inches away from the bulb but not any more than that if I can help it. The only time I've ever had any burning was being less than 1 inch anyway... If it's too late to change anything now you could always wait until it gets leggy and start pulling it over for some LST. Good luck. Peace

Butchie's Broke Ass Micro Grow Journal...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315371-Butchie%27s-Broke-Ass-Micro-Grow-Journal

12. Yes

13. I'm going to try to add another light in the middle then with an extension to get it closer to the plant

14. Yea it would suck to move the lights but to add another would take 5 min. Thanks for the advice I want to do it right the first time seeds at to expensive to just ruin from lack of experience.

15. Put cd cases under your pot

16. To raise it up and with such a small space lst or scrog best bet

17. Ha I already raised it as hi as I can ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404491442.522985.jpg

18. Should I do both 2700 and 5000 or should I do all 5000 and switch in a few weeks