Rdwc. Trying To Inquire More Information

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by alexDWC, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Im not brand new i had a operation before but five years pass and so does that knowledge, so back to newbie title.

Im starting a RDWC system one 5 gallon bucket. 5inch medium, clay pebbles

For now 4 bulb t5 fixture. and soon 6 bulbs t12 when shes nice and a little bigger i have two 3 or 4 inch air stones pushing out air and is usuing general hydroponics nutes
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404354262.104841.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404354290.138143.jpg

How does she looks is the scrog going to be affective. (Side note) plan on making a two or three tier scrog, is the scrog going to be hard for a first time on my own grower ?

Honestly any help would be great im positive some one has been as frantic as me to put out a good quality product and learn fast

alex RDWC

Being normal is accepting to be average

2. Your set up would be great for auto-flower. But even so your scrog screen is going to have to get a lot bigger as the plant grows. Most guys that use dwc usually go for the cage around the bucket as to when you do rez changes you won't have to worry about damaging the plant. One suggustion would be to use the 3 or 4 inch square fencing that you can find at most hardware stores and prepare the screen work for branching. Switch to black tubing light penitration could cause pithium. Other wise looks just fine.

3. Whats pithium ? And thanks for your reply.

4. You would be better off having a proper screen mate, a bigger one too, the same size as your light fixture. 

What do you mean when you say "3 tier"? You only need one screen man, what would be the point in any additional levels? 

How come you are doing an RDWC with just the one bucket? 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey man thanks for the advice. And well i thought that the bigger i veg it the more area i can cover i seen a guy on youtube get a pound plant. I never have used dirt and i like the taste and wetness of hydro have you done rdwc before any tips

I have done DWC loads of times, and RDWC a few times.

I do single plant ScrOGs. 4'x3' canopies on them. The last one was 14oz. Plus 6oz of popcorn buds and good trim. That's with 2x 250w HPS lights.

Tips? umm...
    - Match the strength of the reservoir's EC to what the plants are taking up. This allows for the fastest uptake speed.
    - Use a pump that pushes out 1 litre of air per minute for every 2 litres of nutrient solution.
    - If you only have the one plant  consider using a bigger DWC container instead of a RDWC set up because water pumps will unnecessarily heat the water somewhat.
    - Use a well balanced and complete nutrient, forget about boosters and magic potions. They screw with the EC too much and you will end up giving the plants an unbalanced diet

• Like Like x 4
  7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404670365.651346.jpg

Update made a new scrog and about 5inch of growth. Happy me

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hey gold thanks for your feedback. You rock man !! And whats EC ? Hows the progress ?

9. #9 GoldGrower, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014

Looking good man. EC is electrical conductivity. It's a way of measuring the concentration of nutrients to water.
    Sometimes the meter expresses this in ppm, EC, cf, or us/cm, 

10. #10 alexDWC, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405792917.886520.jpg

Shes getting big. 22 inches i think shes alright but hey i am on here for the pros to pick me apart. So. Hints help general new grower information. Good karma always helps. Please !

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405793115.401313.jpg

12. Looks great man, that's a much better screen, good move. By the looks of it you aren't doing RDWC though, it's just one bucket so it's DWC

13. For now correct no RDWC i have two more baby clones trying and hoping they take so i can actually make my system. Im stressin tho about trying to flower them. Im thinking about 11 days 12/12 t5 red spectrum 8bulbs. Then the remainder 1000watt hps. Whatcha think brotha. Any tips on that or clone knowledge

14. Also i seen in another thread you commented that you said somthing about over watering. Some of my leaves seem limp with the tips facing down. Im not shure if it is because of the light that are on the ground or from something dumb

15. Do you mean you will veg under fluorescents and then flower with the 1000w? Once they have a decent amount of roots I would use the 1000w HPS. Certainly from the day you switch to 12/12 anyway.

16. It could be the lower light doing it. You can't really over water DWC, but the equivalent would be that you are using too little oxygen. What litres per minute does your pump push out? And what size is your reservoir?

17. #17 alexDWC, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Well i cant run the Hps all day trying to use that sparingly I'm having heat issues my thinking was use red t5 for a week in flowering then hps at the end. Im using five gallon bucket 45L/min air pump

18. Well last week clipped off two clones "just chopped off a branch at the bottom put rooting gel rootech put in a small fish tank and put a small t5. Misting it the walls and top with water. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405895569.553845.jpg

Was looking great until my fucking finger chopped it off. The other one just is brown at the bottom, standing up and a leaf is brown.
    Week 4 update

That's plenty of air. 
    Can you improve your ventilation? 
    Maybe get a smaller HPS? I have an HPS currently running at 400w and the top of my canopy is 27℃ while the temperature outside the tent is 25℃ 
    What's the temperature of the canopy?
    What about running the HPS through the night? I turn mine off for 6 hours during the hottest part of the day 

20. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407362054.246696.jpg

Shes getting big put her into flower and shes getting bigger.