Techeads Indoor Newbie Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TecHead, Jul 3, 2014.

1. So I'm spitballing a prototype water-cooling system for the big cabinet. Its making my room really hot lol I'm thinking a big 3l water bottle with a submersible water pump, a gel freezer pack, and 20' of tubing. It looks like it would be fairly inexpensive, I'm going to be researching and working on a design, will update once I go to production :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315929-Techead's-Indoor-Newbie-Grow-Journal

2. be very interested to see how the afghanis respond to be put bak into veg :) never really seen it being done before, should be cool!

3. I know very little on the subject of revegging bro, but what I have read indicates that it's best to trim the rootball and transplant immediately after harvest, instead of letting them veg back first...more stress initially, but less overall by all accounts...You probably already know this, but I figured it can't hurt to mention. :)

4. Tempted to give this a go myself now actually....revegging them won't create another growth spurt though nope?....decided against topping mine this time around as they have already gone through enough stress being grown by me lol, but I'm happy enough to add more lights under the canopy, and have 2m height available, so that doesn't worry me....just don't have the space to accommodate a 1.85m plant revegged that winds up being 6m tall when I put it back into flower lol.

5. Well, here's how its supposed to work. First, you harvest, but you only chop 2/3 of the plant, leaving some buds and stuff. It'll use the buds as energy to recover. Then its supposed to grow back, and it should get to harvest a lot faster because it already has roots etc. I think you can go into 12/12 a lot faster than you normally would, so you may be able to limit the height of the plant, but unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of people out there who actually do this, so research options are scant...

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315929-Techead's-Indoor-Newbie-Grow-Journal

6. Oh..this sounds well dodgy and highly uncertain......sweet!

Leaving some of the buds on makes perfect sense I guess, but at the same time none at all lol....probably explains why there is minimal info available....no harm in becoming pioneers though I suppose! :)

How long you estimate in veg Tec?, like 2-3 weeks? Loving the idea of this actually because surely the plant becomes stronger and therefore the buds more potent....unless I'm missing something, which wouldn't be the first time to be fair.

7. Well, in my view, the root system is already well established, and you have a base veg base. I'm not really sure if it will continue to grow at the main stem, or will it react like you did a monstrous fim? Lol I was thinking around 2 weeks vegetative growth, but that's just a guess because really I can raise my lights another half a footish, so I might grow mine bigger than they are now. Of course, that's assuming any if this works at all lol as to potency, I would assume it would be stronger, but from what I understand, there are only about 5 shots at this max before the plant just gives up lol but this Afghan strain has proven to be incredibly hardy and who knows what its capable of!

8. Greetings earthlings! Idk I was watching SciFi movies lol anyways, holy moly, would you look at that Afghan?! The buds are covered in a all-over trichome fuzz mmmm this is the end of the 6th week of flowering for the Afghans. As you can see, we have a competition going on between 2 Afghans now hehe As for the Berry's, I had to trim off dead leaves, flowers, etc, but even tho I lost my top colas, all the other bud sites are coming along great! The one that I bent decided to right itself lol they just won't stay down! I did a closeup of the bend site, it looks crazy lol

Attached Files:

9. Congrats man that afghan is fattening up

10. Shit me too man. I love me some afghan

11. Attached Files:

12. Heat exchanger could help. Keep in mind submersible pumps add more heat to the water than external pumps run through a bulkhead.
    Get the smallest metal tubing you can. I don't know if it is safe with hydro to use copper or aluminum tubing? If you want to do it right, use stainless or titanium tubing but price skyrockets.... Get the thinnest wall you can and get the smallest diameter you can. You don't need a lot of flow as this is simply a large heat sink for your nute water. Don't bother with plastic types hose as they make for horrible heat transfer....

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1316222-4x4-led-wild-thai-seed-second-grow.html#entry20304616

13. Attached Files:

14. Wow they are really getting there! Lookin nice :-o wish the GC app had some sort of smell technology built in to it lol

Sent from my ST26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #220 tallglassesofmilk, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Well, with 3D printing we will be able to print cannabis someday. From a file lol. I doubt it will be the same as grown weed tho. At least not for a loooong time.