Why Do People Support People Being Overweight?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by way of life, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Yes and I would call that being lazy lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. There are also ways to eat healthy that don't require time and dishes.

You can have hard boiled eggs in the fridge. Fruit. Nuts. Sandwiches that you prepped ahead of time.

Tine is really a cop out for not eating healthy

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #83 -Martyr, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    In many places, fresh organic produce that shits on our quality is sold dirt cheap. Just because we have a capitalist system that roots itself in every facet of our lives, doesn't necessarily mean that the way we do things makes any fucking sense. Does it really make sense to anyone that they should have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for fresh fruit that grows naturally for like a fucking quarter? In America you're not necessarily paying for higher quality anything; you're paying for the company/store on the sticker, and then the price is just maxed at the highest price they can sell, while still competing with other stores/brands.

4. honestly, the wall of text was just too high of a climb for me right now.

My opinion is somewhere around,  shouldn't be encouraged, but people shouldn't be made to feel bad about it either. 

5. Fence-sitting's for the weak.

Hell no. Have you ever sat on a fence really long before? It's hard as fuck, aka only strong people do it.

You have much to learn young grasshopper.

7. Sit on faces, not fences.

8. @[member="-Martyr"]

No, but seriously. It's because I see both sides of it, and I know there is a lot of information that I don't have.
    I support promoting healthy eating and exercising, healthy food should be much cheaper and maybe incorporating some form of exercise while at work/school etc. 

It could (should) be free though, food I mean.. If each country dedicated space in various areas, paid some workers and used it to grow corn, various fruits and vegetables..
    Anyways.. I don't see that in the near future, so at least make the healthy food cheaper and inform people properly.

I'll face on your sit.

9. Good point.

To be honest I havent done enough research on the overhead/costs of the businesses that provide healthier foods.

However, I dont believe businesses should be forced to sell their product for less because the food is healthier for humans.

Personally, 85-90% of the food I intake is prepared by myself in my home. I dont let it break the bank. Ill go buy $100 worth of quality food BEFORE I purchase $100 worth of cannabis.

I think thats a huge problem in America (not specifically the cannabis example). People dont budget their time or money well.

I work 40hrs/week in a warehouse. I prepare my breakfast, pack my lunch, and make my dinners (remember 85-90%). I go to the gym 3 days per week. Fuck around on GC haha. So when someone says "dont have time", I cant even fathom. If thats the case you better be hustlin 24/7.

It shouldn't be sold cheaper, it should be free ;p

Your life is not anybody else's life. Say you work a job 40-50 hours a week and raise two young kids between the ages of 1 and 3 -- I'm sure your priorities will change (at least I would hope they would). I agree that people don't budget their time as well as they should be, but you can blame society for such challenges, er, distractions. People who are healthy -- well, good for them. I try my best and they do, too. There are people who don't try and are fat and unhealthy and out of shape. Why does that bother you so much? It's their unhealthy lives, not yours. One fat person's life doesn't dictate whether I am in a happy or gloomy mood.

It's unreasonable to insult or make assumptions about someone's demeanor or lifestyle when you don't know what the hell they do between the time they wake up and go to sleep. Someone could say that they are more productive than you, or me, or anyone else here; that doesn't mean they are right or that their views are accurate. It's all opinion. Saying someone is lazy on the basis of not buying fruits and vegetables or not making their own lunches 24/7/365 is off-putting at best.

12. #92 IllestVillain, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    Its not a law that you ever have to have kids.

I pay taxes. Obesity causes various health problems. A+B=X

Nah, you specifically said youd rather sleep an extra 30 minutes, then waking up and preparing a meal for yourself. That is lazy.

You seem like a very entitled human being.

You completely lost me at "blame society for distractions".....

You seem like a person with a low IQ and lacking priorities in your existence. Judging by your posts I would think you are 18 or 19.

14. Yes I am very lazy. Also when I'm driving 800 miles one way, or even 300 miles one way I just want to get there. I'm not trying to drive around a place I don't know looking for an healthy alternative that probably isn't even there.
    Plus I'm not trying to drive around a Speed trap town giving the cops someone to fuck with because if I get pulled over,I am going to jail

15. Do you really believe you have high taxes because Americans are fat??????
    Why are you sitting there letting your government tell you that YOU have to pay higher taxes because everyone else is fat? Is that fair to you?

16. When I used to do surveying work me and my partner would always stop at a smoothly king for a snack before lunch when the munches would hit. I loved that place, until they rised their prices

Haha I don't even eat the lettuce in my sandwiches, always take it off....nasty ass brown lettuce lol at burger king anyways lol

17. #97 letsmokeasweet, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    In a way I totally agree with you with the top shelf quality vs Reggie. I understand what your meańing with that one.
    Top shelf high quality nugs SHOUlD cost more. Until someone finds a way to produce more of it at a cheaper cost.

I'm just wishing there were places that could produce healthier alternatives and not cost so much.
    Why are you offended by that? What's wrong you don't like poor People???lol
    And then you go on complaining or something. It's like you are talking shit and looking down at anyone else who doesn't follow the same program that your on.
    And why do you think I think companies should be forced to sell their goods at a cheaper price?????
    I was probably high when I wrote it so please tell me when I said that?
    A company should be able to pick any price they want for whatever product they want to sell. Now it is up to the public if they are going to buy that product or not. If their product is outrageously expensive, hardly anyone is going to be able to buy their product. If they have. A badass top of the line product that cost years of r&d that will be reflected in the price. I love how you try and put words into my mouth, but hey it's my fault....that is your interpretation of what I said and the way you see things from your experiences and such.
    So you say I refuse to prepare my own meals....so fucking what? What does that have anything to do with what I said? I wish there were healthy alternatives that was everywhere like mcds is. That's my only input Ito this discussion.
    I don't care if a fat person wants to be fat. I don't care if a skinny person wants to be skinny. Why should I care how they want their physical appearance? Who am I to tell a person how their body should look?

18. As long as a person is trying to better themselves, I don't think being overweight is a problem. However, I live in the hood, and a LOT of these women here are 300+ lbs walking around acting like they're sexy, wearing things that look like they're so stretched that they're about to shoot off like a rubber band.

19. poverty. poor people cant afford to eat healthy so our fucked up food industry basically limits them to eating prepackaged, highly process garbage and fast food.

obviously its not just poorer areas but you cant deny theres a correlation

20. And he admits defeat and resorts to middle school.level.insults

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app