Organic Cannabis Beginner

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Dank-nuggitz, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Haha you're not the first person to tell me that and we have decided against the autos. I really do appreciate the input.

My dad has never used the Internet a day in his life so he has no idea what is being marketed to the public. I think he kept the strain alive because he really enjoys it, both growing and smoking. He has obviously tried others but to him it's the 1955 Chevy bel air of MJ and it's HIS. He would not hesitate for one second if I asked him for a few clones though.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. new cars are great, and you should definitely test drive a few. just dont let the old man's chevy waste away in a garage for no one to enjoy, know what im sayin?

3. Skip the AK48 and get the real deal AK-47 from Serious Seeds. It is pricey but I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #24 Dank-nuggitz, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    I think we have a pretty good plan for our grow. If you see anything that I should change please let me know.

I'm cooking 4.5 cu/ft of soil with this recipe.

2/3 Part Fresh EWC
    1/3 Part Oly Mountain Fish Compost 
    1 Part Sphagnum Peat Moss
    1/2 Part Pumice
    1/2 Part Rice Hulls

Ammendments are:

Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
    Neem Cake and Karanja Cake 50/50 Mix @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot
    Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 cub per cubic foot
    Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
    Brix Blend Basalt @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
    Glacial Rock Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
    Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

I got the recipe straight from buildasoil.com. I think I have everything covered.

I bought one 600w HPS/MH and one 1000w HPS/MH. The 600w for the veg room and 1000w for flower. Both will be 4x4 tents. For the first grown we are going to do 5 autos in the flower tent until the three feminized plants are ready to flower but after that we will just be cloning. 3 plants in veg and 3 plants in flower at all times. I also bought all the ventilation equipment and such that the plants will need.

I'm also in the process of building a cheap little tea brewer. I'm going to do very simple molasses and EWC teas every few weeks. I might toss in some kelp if I'm feeling really crazy haha.

We have decided on Violator Kush, Chocolope, and Alaskan Thunderfuck for the regular plants and Northern Lights for the Autos. We just picked up the seeds today. We also have some Tangerine Dream and Jack Herer seeds...if anybody has any opinions on the strains we picked please feel free to chime in.

I think I have all my bases covered but I know you guys will think of something that I forgot. haha

5. #25 californian9195, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    i would stray away from tangerine dream as ive heard the genetics have had problems lately, personally i would went durban poison, a hearty sativa that is worth the longer flower time. I have some in my garden, and I have northern lights crossed with belladonna too, and its a easy to grow strain with nice yields.

Also, since you are only doing 3 plants in flower i would consider a scrog setup to maximize canopy coverage, i had some good results doing it that way, fit 6 plants in a 4 by 4 under a 1000w hps and worked awesome. How bigs the fan? Those hids get hot in those tents, i suggest running lights at night to keep it cooler too, i run a 720 cfm which cycles 3 times a minute and its still warm in there

6. I got two 500 CFM fans....I hope that's enough!

The tangerine dream seeds came free so no sweat there. I'll take your advise though and grow one of the others.

7. That should be plenty enough, i mean if they were free might as well try I just would definitely focus efforts on maintaining the strongest mothers over all if you going the cloning route but thats just me. You should look into keeping bonsai mums thats what im going for

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I honestly had no idea what that even meant until I JUST looked it up. It seems like a great concept if you plan on cloning a ton of plants....I only need 1 clone per strain every 70 days or so. Is there an reason that I can't take a clone while lolly-popping my plants a week or two before I put them into flower? That was my plan.

9. "Is there an reason that I can't take a clone while lolly-popping my plants a week or two before I put them into flower? That was my plan."

Should work just fine.

J

10. Hi all! I will be starting my first grow and have decided to go organic. Is it true you don't have to worry about ph when using organics? Also has anyone used buildasoil.com? They have already made living soil, is it safe to buy from them or am I better of making my own? Lastly I found some compost tea bags on amazon, are these ok to use? Sorry for noob qu

11. Welcome to GCO!

I'm on my third run in my first batch of soil and I couldn't tell you what my ph has ever been. Don't know and for the most part don't care. I trust my plants and microbes to keep that sorted out.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Regarding build a soil...read the first couple of posts on this thread.

13. Thanks a lot guys

14. Do autos respond well with organics or do they prefer more traditional methods? I am trying to decide what route to take as far as regular, feminized, or auto flower.

15. Auto sucks. If you want to learn just get regular or femmed seeds. They don't respond differently organics or hydro, autos are just Hyper bred strains. Bred to be genetically stable. But because there not photoperiod you don't have control over height etc.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks so much! What method of soil do you use? Sub cool or your own mix?

17. My own. Fox Farms happy frog and my own mychorrhiza, nutrient mix.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sweet? What size yields do you produce on average? Sorry for the 10000 questions. You just really know your stuff! Lol

19. I micro grow and bonsai all of my mother's. On average I have 4-5 plants in flower at a time under a mix of cfl and led. I grow in 5 inch square pots. On average I get 2-2.5 oz per plant.

20. [​IMG]

I actually just have 3 going right now. Bc kush from BC Bud Depot.