Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar

Discussion in 'Politics' started by katsung47, Jul 2, 2014.

1. [SIZE=12pt]Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] By Michael Snyder, on June 10th, 2014[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Russians are actually making a move against the petrodollar.  It appears that they are quite serious about their de-dollarization strategy.  The largest natural gas producer on the planet, Gazprom, has signed agreements with some of their biggest customers to switch payments for natural gas from U.S. dollars to euros.  And Gazprom would have never done this without the full approval of the Russian government, because the Russian government holds a majority stake in Gazprom.  There hasn't been a word about this from the big mainstream news networks in the United States, but this is huge.  When you are talking about Gazprom, you are talking about a company that is absolutely massive.  It is one of the largest companies in the entire world and it makes up 8 percent of Russian GDP all by itself.  It holds 18 percent of the natural gas reserves of the entire planet, and it is also a very large oil producer.  So for Gazprom to make a move like this is extremely significant.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]http://theeconom<span style="color:#000000;">iccollapseblog.com/archives/russia-is-doing-it-russia-is-actually-abandoning-the-dollar[/SIZE]</span>

2. Russia is not Lybia. If any of this is actually true- we're in for some interesting times.

3. Cannabis is always a currency. :)

4. What do they expect will happen to their debt?

5. #5 yurigadaisukida, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    Who Russia? I imagine this is a move to get out of debt
    Or at least break ties with the us who is even worse debt

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 LuxTenebris, Jul 2, 2014
    Well this is interesting.

Either the idiots in charge of our country know better than to fuck with Russia, or we will all be hailing Putin in the near future.

For once, US government, please, please, don't be stupid and attack Russia, attacking them cannot end well

7. I think it is more likely we will be serving china

8. any other reports on this other then from this site? I never trust single site sources. I figure if its true at least 3 different sites should report it.

Not saying I don't believe this as it all sounds very plausible.

9. #9 forty winks, Jul 2, 2014

Or Iraq, pre-invasion.

10. why cant they buy their shit with rubles.  the dollar is no longer the standard.  the us is fucked.  they cant fuck with russia or china.  go figure.  this country needs a fucking overhaul

11. Its more complicates than that.

No doubt Russia would prefer their own currency being the dominant one. Baby steps.

The world is just now getting off the dollar. It takes time

12. #12 katsung47, Jul 2, 2014

Here there is another source. The lack of sources of this important news prove how the rulers of US is afraid of it. They censor it.

[SIZE=medium]839. Iraqi crisis created to save dollar (6/18/2014)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In early June, Russia switches the oil payment from dollars to Euros. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Global Research, June 07, 2014[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Gazprom Neft had signed additional agreements with consumers on a possible switch from dollars to euros for payments under contracts, the oil company's head Alexander Dyukov told a press conference. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Additional agreements of Gazprom Neft on the possibility to switch contracts from dollars to euros are signed. With Belarus, payments in rubles are agreed on,” he said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Dyukov said nine of ten consumers had agreed to switch to euros.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]http://www.globalresearch.ca/gazprom-signs-agreements-to-switch-from-dollars-to-euros/5386049[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This is very important news. If people starting to abandon the dollar, US will be hurt seriously in economy. Yet the news was little reported by the mainstream media. Several days later, the ISIL rebel in Iraq activates an offensive. The puppet Iraqi government retreats without any resistance. As a result, the oil price goes up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]By Mark Thompson @MarkThompsonCNN June 12, 2014[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Oil prices spiked Thursday to levels not seen in nine months as escalating violence in Iraq sparked worries about crude exports.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Light crude oil futures touched $106 a barrel, up nearly 2% and the highest price since September 2013.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/12/news/oil-prices-iraq/[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Since the money used in most oil trading is dollar, the higher oil price will force the buyer to keep more dollar in bank as purchasing power. It's a big amount if future option is included. Manipulating oil price becomes a strategy to save the dollar. Iraq is a big country of oil production and exportation. Its political stability has huge influence to oil price. US has turned it into a switch to adjust the oil price. [/SIZE]

13. Ill give you one guess whos side China will pick; and there you have your axis of evil for basis of ww3 - GOD I hope not. I hope common sense will prevail, but then again we are talking about the human race.

14. Its been nearly 3 months.  I'm going to continue to not worry about it just like I was doing 5 minutes ago before I knew anything about this.

15. I can't help but wonder if there is a kgb-cia war going on in the middle east.

If the oil is threatened then the dollar is threatened. If the dollar is threatened then America is threatened

Russia knows this

There's always a cia/fsb war going on.  It's what they do.

17. what's fbs?

Forgive me. Idk if KGB even exists anymore, idk the names, I just was musing at the thought that secret wars are going on to meddle in economics, seeing as the nature of war has changed drastically

Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB)

19. didnt you also have some crazy conspiracy theory about that malaysian airliner that turned out was never missing op? not that it necessarily means this story is wrong as well or anything.