Used Toro 13/7 400 Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by antihero802, Jul 1, 2014.

1. #21 rain dancer, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    If youre gonna spend that much money hit up dan at apixdesign

His glass blows many others away...

2. Funny you say this I'm using an apix as my daily driver as we speak. I figured this would be an upgrade. I have a king stemline to gridded disc

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I have a king stemline to king gridded disk as well, but I wouldnt consider toro an upgrade at all.

4. I didnt think my post was that bad
    I included "personally" and also didnt reference anything about toro, simply, would not pay 350-400 for a bong with tree percs. Ive never hit a toro but I know the name is good, just for that amount of money I can get a more unique looking perc that hits just as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. All these ignorant mother fuckers saying these china glass companies make just as good of glass as toro for half the price.

Trim Nazi

6. Lol

7. no i would not get that.  you can get a sick piece for the same price and you wont have to worry about stains, repairs etc...my 2 cents

8. seriously man the ignorance here is just fucking brutal. 90% of the people on this thread don't know what they're talking about. 

9. Well I pretty much went with the majority here and decided against it.  Like i said I already have an Apix King Stemline/King Gridded Disc so I was mainly looking for an upgrade.

10. You should either own one, or atleast hit one before you judge their glass.

11. I don't usually see too many Toros at the lhs in my area which is odd because I live on the east coast. Philadelphia specifically so I am accustomed to local brands such as illadelph & pyrology, and the ton of local artists as well. My personal preference would be to go with a newer piece for around that price. But toro is constantly being talked about so I am interested in at least trying one of their pieces, maybe I'll take a trip up to Ithica NY and check it out.

12. Dude if you live in philly go check out primal in springfield.  Best shop around, and I've been to most of them.  Better prices and customer service than wonderland.  And Munchies on south st is a RIP OFF, Artifax sucks balls, creep is also a bit high on price.  Go to primal, only place I shop local for glass.  They carry toro, mothership, illy, pyrology, and  alot of headies as well.

JFriendlys in Towson, MD , it's a bit of a drive but they have a good selection of sov and toro.

Where are you shopping in philly?  

13. #33 mogwi411, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    400 is a good deal on that piece, new retail pricing is 650-700 ish.  I'd ask the person to clean it and send me clean pics (don't want to receive a claimed up or dirty piece, it's illegal to ship if there's resin in it).  The joint looks fine, if it was repaired it looks clean.

Toro arm trees function fine, better than most arm trees.  I wasn't a fan of the 7-13 in a double micro rig cause not enough diffusion for a small tube but I think it'd be just about right for a full size toro.

I'd take a 400 dollar used toro over a 300 dollar brand new zob, or medicali any day of the week.  Zob, medi etc are mid range brands, toro, sov are generally considered premium brands.  You get more on the resale.  Like you could resell that toro for 400 if you didn't like it, if you had a zob and had to resell used, you're looking at maybe 150.

I've tried quite a lot of glass in my life, my hobby kind of got out of control at one point.  Glass addiction is tough lol.  This pic is from my old collection.  The one with the bluish lip is a toro 7-13 double micro, the one with the slyme is a toro double micro froth to froth.

[​IMG]

14. I agree, Primal expressions is definitely the best HeadShop in the greater Philadelphia area. I went there for the first time a few weeks back and I was blown away. They did carry toro but most were super expensive heady collabs with Philly artists, which are awesome but I dont remember any other toro pieces catching my eye. Another sick shop is Holy Smokes on grant ave which has some decent pieces from spoons to the heady ones. Good shop, good vibe but not quite as nice as primal. Munchies on south street has a decent selection especially if you are into pyro or illy but the owner, Uzi def overcharges, however if you play hardball he will bring the price down. I almost bought an illadelph recycler he had listed at $750 but was willing to go down to $500 for it and I still walked away. My girlfriend and I have been going to all of the headshops in south jersey and Philly, I rated each one based upon vibe, selection, and price. I'll start a thread so you can check out some of the places I've been and see if I missed any. I'm guessing you are from Philly too?

I think I've called Holy Smokes before, but the highest end stuff they said they had was like medicali. 

Uzi is a cock bag and his business sucks.  I looked at his roors, said they looked american, he insisted they were german.  They were roor tech...obviously american.  I saw a sheldon black bubbler, he said it was 600, I said no, he said 400...I left.  That's when I found Primal, the retail tag on that exact same bub was 250, they told me they'd take 10% off and sold it to me for 225 (gave me a few raffle tickets for a piece they were raffling off, gave me some 10% off coupons, a free lighter, and let me pick out a pack of rolling papers on the house).  And that's the first time I ever went into the store.  Now I'm there on like a weekly basis lol.  

Primal will order any illy you want from their catalog, they will also get any pyrology you want, just ask them. 

So guess what my rating for Munchies is?  :mad: 

Primal's glass:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Munchies:
    [​IMG]

The only place in Denver (that I know of) that sells toro's is Illuzion's, and a shub or an isf13, double froth - whatever, are going for $1,050 no fucking joke. It's bullshit. I own a toro circ-interline shrub and I love it, toros are hands down the best functioning glass and everything about them are just flawless, but I'm not a fan of tree percs so I definitely wouldn't drop 400 on that 7/13 since, like someone above me said, the trees do like a little stained.

Try nuggetry.com, toros are being sold left and right there everyday.

17. Exactly what I mean, im not saying toro is bad at all, I wouldent buy anything with tree percs given the option

18. There are a few headshops in Denver that sell Toros, but they will all be somewhat overpriced. That Coyle Condenser monkey is nice.

19.  lol sorry bro I must of forgot that HVY, Zob, SYN, Hi-Si are high end like Toro..

lmaoooooo.

20. It's the same glass made from boro, just a stupid label to deceive egotistical people who wear Gucci Belts and Jordans.