The Adventures of the Canadian Wilderness (Figuratively Speaking)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CanadianOrganic, Jun 30, 2014.

1. I feel it would be more beneficial to use the dryer vent to bring cold air in.  I plan to do that this winter as it will fit my 4" fan perfectly.  I already hang dry my clothing so no biggie.

2. #282 CanadianOrganic, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Yeah definitely. I figure I can just stick the carbon filters by the door so that way the positive pressure will push that out right away. I'm thinking about grabbing two 4x4x6 tents (3x3 really don't fit a cooltube properly) and using my 3x3 for veg. The laundry room isn't insulated and doesn't have furnace ducting going to it so it should be fairly cool in there in the middle of winter anyways so may be able to get away with just open hoods.
    If TOPLed wasnt being so dumb with their shipping inside Canada I'd probably order a 900 or 1200 for one or maybe both of the tents. Probably would be able to get away with a 900 because as far as I understand once you go above 900 the heat is substantial.

3. I'm curious.  Why 2 4x4 tents instead of a 4x8?

I've had a few dabs this afternoon.  I am sure I am missing something here.  :smoking:

4. Also I only have 20gallons of my living soil left so I think I'll grab a bale of Promix BX and use that for one of the CH and SC (they're fems so this way I can compare product)

5. That is a good point. I mean the room is fucking almost 20 feet long so it should still leave a shit ton of room.
    However I think the only 4x8s I can find are 7 feet tall so I dont think it'd fit the slanted. Ill have to look around though

6. #286 CanadianOrganic, Oct 23, 2014
    I figured having them spaced out would work better but this would def be easier for temp control. That way I can pull air through the dryer vent right into the tent! Man that would work fucking perfect, you're a genius.

7. #287 Brother Urb, Oct 23, 2014
    My 4x8 is 6'6".  Secret jardin.

Or you could build a room for 1/4 of the price with 2x2 studs and black/white poly, and you'd have extra room to work. :smoking:
    Tents fucking suck because there is no room to work in/on the plants. for me it's a killer on the back to lift a plant in and out of a tent as well because of the awkwardness.

8. #288 CanadianOrganic, Oct 23, 2014
    Wicked. I'll measure it when I go down. Sadly it may only be less than 6'5" in the LR. With the cold air ducted straight into the tent I might even be able to get away with a 4" for extraction if I use cooltubes with ducting going from outside the tent to outside.

9. I'm not handy whatsoever. I don't mind paying, I think 4'x8' tents would be like $300 from SJ

All you gotta do is be able to swing a hammer and use a staple gun.

Home depot can cut the wood for you. :D  I seriously kick myself in the ass every day for buying this tent haha.  I could have had an extra light.

11. Hmm..you may be right. I'm considering trying out a small self supporting scrog or two in the tent. Maybe two 2'x2' screens or somethin

12. Nugs look great. Would a 10x10' tent be an option? I use that and grow on one half and use the other half for storage and working on plants. It's even big enough to have a couch in it lol.

Great idea.  I bet filling only half the tent helps combat the oven effect as well yes?

haha I'd totally chill in a 10x10 if it had a couch.  SOme nice clean air in there I bet!  It'd be a great excercise area.

14. The rooms only 5-7' wide haha

15. Fuck, I may just be able to do 4x8x6.5. The lowest point on the ceiling is 6'6". Hmmmmm

16. Passin a fat j around in Honor of my AdvancedLed sponsorship!

[​IMG]

Spammin the forums with positive vibes! :bongin:

[​IMG]
    Weeeee!

17. Nice job Pokes! ^.^

Here, have some bud! :D

Attached Files:

18. Damn dude dat bagseed. :smoking:  Gets me every time.

19. My god, I know. It's a knockout too.
    Wish I coulda run 5 plants of that. I don't think my clone's going to root but I still have 2 more seeds from this bag!

20. Do you remember what the herb was like from the bag you got it?  Not near as nice as yours I bet.