Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Obtaining Medical Card Without Parents Knowing

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DankSpank85, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I'm 18 and I live in Pennsylvania and were currently going through a phase of legalizing medically. I was curious as to see what kind of requirements I will need to get a medical card in the near future? I plan to get it to help my insomnia.

Problem is I'm still under my parents roof, so I just wanted to see what kind of information I would need to get a medical card and also how I could get it without my parents finding out.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Do you have established records of insomnia? Or injuries? Ever been to the chiropractor?

Why not try Google and look up "medical marijuana laws Pennsylvania" I'm thinking you get a faster, cleaner cut answer that way.

3. your parents should be out of the question providing you are 18. They will probably find out that you have a medical card when you have one. you are old enough to live on your own and get your own place, figure out that with your time rather than thinking how to avoid your parents

4. I don't think you can get a card for just having insomnia. The bill is for like cancer patients and people with epilepsy and serious conditions. Correct me if I'm wrong but unless you are dieing or somthing you won't be able to get a card yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. That bill has to go to the full state senate still. Bad thing is the Gov. Of Pa is very anti legalizing marijuana in any form. So I doubt he would sign the bill when it gets to his desk.

If it does pass and Pa does become a med state you'll just have to wait and see what the conditions are and how strict it may or may not be to get a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Woah... A chiropractor can get u a medical card!!?? My dad is a chiropractor, and a stoner :D unfortunately my state has not legalized medical ganj but when the time comes, could I actually get a recommendation from my stoner pops?? If so, FUCK Yea!!!

7. So if your pops is Pro stoner, what's this about them not knowing?

Just lookin for a lift
    Fucking never mind I can't read this guy ^ isn't the op. Don't mind me

Just lookin for a lift

8. #8 Old School Smoker, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    In California, you walk into the docs office with $40 cash. You fill out a a quick questionaire (about 20 questions on your health status), then they call you in to talk to the doc. He asks you why you need mmj and you tell him that your eyes are too white, and they need to be redder. He signs the recommendation, you pay your $40, and go around the corner to a dispensary and within minutes you are high.

Your parents would have to have direct access to that doctor's computer to know if you signed up for a card.

Not sure but i think you have to be 21, not 18. Only CBD or CBN patients do not need a card, but they get meds that do not get you high.

9. they won't know unless u pull it out of ur wallet and put it on the counter

10. Seems too easy. Nevada needs to jump on the recreational boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app