Honest Thoughts On Transexuals And Shemales.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by intodirt024, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I love everybody. Unless you're an asshole

Chill

2. Im honestly pretty interested in what makes a person associate with something other than their physical gender to the point where they want to change it. Pretty unique phenomenon if you ask me

Fuck everyone who has differing viewpoints 😝

3. Well approaching this sticky subject is tricky, and I'll do my best not to offend, even though what I"m going to say is not the most pc thing in the world. I personally don't have any problem with a person getting gender reassignment surgery. It's their choice, and if they feel like they were put in the wrong body, than more power to them. However, they're still whatever they were born as, at least to me. A man who has his penis surgically turned into a vagina is still a man, albeit a disfigured man. You are whatever you were born as, and no amount of surgery and hormones is going to change that. 

4. From what I understand most states require a year long period of psychotherapy before someone can go through with gender reassignment.  I'm curious to know what the "Thank god I didn't go through with it" and "Yeah, I'm good let's chop this sucker off" ratios of those therapies are.  That, I think, would go a long way to understanding how often issues of behavioral/developmental/societal impact people vs real genetic make-up.

However, it is being shown more and more that having genetics for something often also requires triggering events to activate or suppress those genetic codes.  This is one of the issues that I'm most curious about.  The DSM III (defunct by 2 editions) used to list Homosexuality as a developmental issue in which an overbearing mother and a distant father affect children who "become" gay.  (This I believe is for males)  I'm curious to see how this plays out in gender identity as well.  Through the ratio of homosexual transsexuals and heterosexual transsexuals. 

I had a boss who had his gender reassigned to female, yet after the surgery he stayed with his girlfriend.  Very interesting.  He wasn't very handsome as a guy but didn't look too bad as a woman.  Lot of plastic surgery though.

For me, I don't think I would have sex with a transsexual but I think fantasy isn't something to shy away from.  Fantasy is a far cry from reality, but it can give us insight into power dynamics within us and views of sexuality.  I'm open to thought but I know myself well enough to know that's all it is.

5. #205 Vicious, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014

There are tons of studies, also ones about the extreme suicide rates after them. You sound educated enough to find medical shit from an academic archive or how to google things but you might find this a interesting read if you didn't see it posted earlier.
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Social science is bending to political correctness.

6. #206 smokehound, Dec 8, 2014
    That's gotta suck if you get your dick hacked off and then fall in love with a woman that would've loved you before that :laughing:

Edit: actually this kinda reminds me of malcolm in the middle, when they go to burning man, and malcolm changes himself for the hippy lady but she's put off by the new 'him', and liked him for his cynicism and spiteful nature.

7. #207 MiloHasAGun, Dec 8, 2014
    i dont like the fact that there are women running around that look like ordinary women until they whip out the D, but other then that its just like homosexuals in the sense that you can do whatever you want as long as you dont push it on me lol.

id just prefer any transsexual women to tell me up front so they can save me the heart attack id probably get if i was going down on one and ended up grabbing her dick..

8. I believe in peace, love and compassion for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Disgusting.

All I need to say on that one.

10. I think it's a product of over population. It'll stop happening as much once our populations are at about natural levels, which I believe is 200 million worldwide, think we're at past 7 billion?

11. How?

12. We save way too many damn people, people with mental and physical disease. Nature never intended the sick and ill to breed, we allow that to happen, and mix with the healthy.

Not saying transsexuals are diseased, they might be a product of overpopulation. Studies have been done on homosexuality, and it happens much more frequent in dense populations. Yes some smaller cities might not be as open about it. But in large dense population, weird shit starts happening.

13. #213 Carne Seca, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014

Dr. McHugh's article and his views on transgender reassignment surgery have been debunked.  He misrepresented the research  cited.  Most of what he cites comes from studies done in the 70's when reassignment surgery was in its infancy.  The work on transgender health has improved exponentially over the last 30 years.  He cited one study done in 2011 by Dr. Cecilia Dhejne from Stockholm.  Which he either misunderstood or deliberately misrepresented.  The study was not designed to draw conclusions on the success rate of transgender surgeries which Dr. McHugh does.  The increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. 

A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%.

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health and the American Psychiatric Association no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHugh's views are antiquated and prejudicial at best.  

CNSnews is a right wing conservative entity with a partisan agenda.  I wouldn't use it to wipe my ass with let alone agree with anything they publish. 

14. #214 iAmBetty, Dec 11, 2014
    Not that I have a problem with the rest of your post, but I'm pretty sure I've seen you use Huffington Post articles which is equally laughable.

15. #215 Carne Seca, Dec 11, 2014

Huffington doesn't make it a habit to misrepresent and mislead like CNS.  Doesn't matter anyway.  This has nothing to do with Huffington Post.  It's about McHugh's misrepresenting information to further his anti-trans agenda. 

16. I don't discriminate against trans people, but I personally just can't grasp the idea of thinking you were born a different gender. Sexual orientation I can understand because that's just what you're attracted to. Not wanting your own sex organs doesn't make sense to me though. If I woke up one day without a penis I'd be terrified I cant imagine willingly parting with my member

17. There is nothing wrong with being trans*.

There IS something wrong with calling trans* and non-binary people gross or disgusting and shaming them for who they are. Some people are uncomfortable with their assigned gender, and I think that they are perfectly within their rights to do whatever it takes to feel comfortable in their own skin and not be shamed for it.

18. #218 Blu3B3rryKush, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Didn't you get down with a dude brokeback style? ;)

Not at all relevant to the topic I know lol!

Umm yes and no for me. I don't think I could fuck a dude that wants to be a lady with a dick / vice versa / post op / pre op. Do I think it's wrong for them to be who they are/want?
    Fuck no!!!! more power to them! Let's defeat ignorance.

I like chicks and dudes though so possibly with enough booze?? Who knows.. I'm a drunk whore tho.

And sober don't mind getting it in from the RIGHT type of guy. But not comfortable enough with myself to be in a committed realationship.. If that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #219 sammyjohollywood, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    not for me

20. This thread made me lol

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419133926.315711.jpg