Dabs Newbie

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by thexwhorror, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Ok guys,

I'm looking for the cheapest complete setup for dabbing. I haven't done it before, but since I've been such a heavy pot smoker for so many years, I have been very interested and am finally able to get ahold of some. 

Before I go out and buy BHO, I need your help to lead me in the right direction, or show me where I can get the CHEAPEST setup at the moment. It doesn't have to be one bit fancy. If it lets me rip dabs, then I am all for it!

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks guys!!

2. You won't be able to find one for less than about $200.  At least I couldn't locally.

Remember you don't just need a bong you need a nail, a torch and a dab tool also.  Go search your local head shops.

3. Does that mean I can add on a nail to one of the bongs I already own? Thanks

4. Possibly.  You might have to buy an adapter though.

5. That would work but you need to buy a torch to heat the nail and a dabber and you're set 👍

6. Thanks homie!

7. I just expanded my collection some due to aqualabtech's 15% off sale.

Check there before you buy.

You can throw another 80-100 and get a really great piece of glass.

Grass city and other sites like the one you posted above are great, but for just a bit more you can get an artist piece. Not many fall into the <200 category, but with the sale going on, there are a few gems.

Happy hunting.

8. Awesome! I will be checking in to that

9. If you already have a glass on glass bong or bubbler just get an adapter (male on both ends), a dome, a nail, a torch from bed bath and beyond, and just use a paper clip as a dab tool.

10. #12 dabKling, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
    small rig - $60ish
    quartz nail - $15-30
    torch - $15-30

use a dedicated piece - not an old bong or pen.

11. almost positive thats a fake

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #14 _inhaledeep, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    If you use an ecig mod + Gentleman's brand atomizer for hash oil, you can get really stoned off a tiny dab.

mod on fasttech.com $20 or so, $12 ea. atty.

Thats on you though, i have no knowledge of glass dabbing but this works super efficiently.. Way better than G pen/cloud or any consumer dab vape period

13. "Cheap" and "dabs" don't belong together I've noticed. I've seen little transportable dabbers for about 30 and seen them range to about an average of 200-250, sometimes more depending on the rig. Then you need a torch (20-60 depending on quality), butane for your torch (vector is 10 bucks), a dabber (varies from about 5-20 or so, also dependent on quality), depending on your nail you need to replace it from what I've heard, if they're glass they can break real easily but I guess the ceramic and titanium nails work well, too. After you get that stuff you need your hash, which also varies depending on location.

It all depends on how much you have to spend I guess. If you go to your local shop you could probably ask them a similar question and they could probably show you some of your options.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. I have 2 oil rigs I use regularly.  The bubbler cost $25 and the pipe $15.  I also have a TI nail I got a couple years ago, that I move back and forth, but mainly I just get a cheap $5 glass nail every few weeks when they break.
    [​IMG]

15. Your still using a TI nail from a few years ago? Is it rarely used?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16.  Ti nail is about 2 years old..  I prefer glass or quartz nails.  So the Ti gets used when I run out of glass nails.  I also will try a dab or two from each batch of BHO.  Some batches taste better with Ti, most are better with the glass. I'd say it gets used 4-5 times a month or so.

17. #19 YoShytsWeak, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
    How is the heat retention?

I replace my TI heads every 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. so i've been turning my e-nail up to 1000 and then scrape it with a Ti dabber, comes out looking new, no solvents or flames needed.  Or replacing for that matter.