White Widow Seedling Looking Dead

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Germinaator, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I don't have a ph tester, but I read that urine varies from 5.5-7.5, meaning the more healthy you are the lower it is.
    I'm pretty healthy so I guess it's around the 6 mark, so I think no fiddling with the ph is necessary. The soil was 6.2.

2. Interesting... I may try that.

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

3. Now giving some organic nutrients, she is still pretty small for her being almost 2 weeks old.

Sent from my C6903 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. Could she be fimmed already?

5. #45 CanadianOrganic, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    I wouldnt, would stunt growth even more. It would be a lot of stress for a young seedling. Most people say don't top/fim till after the third node (so if you want to do it asap cut right after the 3rd).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. So to specify, right now I'm at the second node?

7. Looks/sounds about right.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Just realised how late in the season I planted her, will I even get a decent yield?
    She should be pretty late flowering but she will only be getting like a month of vegetative growth :O

9. Really nice, those past few days.

Attached Files:

10. But I'm concerned what I should do soon.
    LST, supercropping, fimming, topping what is best for this strain?
    I don't want to stunt growth too much because there is not much of summer left.
    Any suggestions?

11. Don't fim it'll slow your growth, maybe some mild lst would be best. Maybe top it once.

12. I thought that topping slows more than fim, is super cropping considered mild?

13. If you top once you lose a few days and get 2 main cola, if you fim you are just slowing growth to keep the canopy even. Super crop would be more invasive than mildly leaning your plants in the direction you want them to grow.

14. Wasn't topping 2 colas and fimming 4 new colas?

15. ...

Attached Files:

16. #56 noizviolation, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Kind of an oversight really no "new" colas are formed, the main cola ( brand new growth usually at 4th+ node ) gets cut off leaving the 2 new branch spots to sprout giving you your "2 new" colas. When you fim basically you are stunting the entire new growth so that the future stem spots( very bottom of new growth ) sprout and grow to the same size as what would be at the top. Hence just slowing growth to even the canopy.

17. There is no magic in a top or fim, even read once that dude fimmed and from that new growth came 7 colas or some shit....... claims that the plant sends extra hormones and mutates the growth...... no pic no proof I say lol.

18. I'm going to let her grow and might super-crop or lst down the line, because yeah, the summer I have left is not worth wasting on her not growing.

19. Well despite everything said, she still got fimmed...

Attached Files:

20. Hehe, that's the fun of growing and experimenting =)