Pot Shortages Could Be Dire At Washingtons Stores Lol

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by snoopdog6502, Jun 29, 2014.

1. It will take some time, but things for rec supply ought to work themselves out in time. I think current tax revenue for rec weed in WA., is 4 Million to date. I see more rec stores opening as well.

CATCH 22:

The bummer in WA., is that despite weed being made "legal" and sold to adults and taxed etc, the catch 22 is that you can get fired from your job if they do a random UA, or you don't get a job because of a pre employment drug test; and because a person decided to try the " legal " weed they show positive for THC and don't get a job.

I recently got my mmj cert, and it does me no good, as there is no protection mandated for mmj cert holders with prospective employers that do pre-employment drug testing or on the job UA testing for THC.

The state legislature need to implement  laws that protect people in the work place from THC testing. If you go to work buzzed on weed, or use weed at work - that's a no, as it should be. But to get sacked from your job because you had a few puffs after work and a day later you are random tested and show positive for THC, that is not right because you are not buzzed at the time. 

2. The 3 tiers is the sin tax.  The 3 25% tiers "even down" to 44% of TOTAL price because of the different price levels over time.  There is no additional 44% sin tax.  Its a "MEAN AVERAGE" thought.  $10 of smoke would have been taxed a total of $4.40 through out the tiers. + the ending sales tax.   

This is my understanding...

3. how much is it there a ounce right now?

4. I have honestly not even thought about walking into a store.  Personally, my prices on good smoke here in WA range from 170 to 250 a zip.  By reading, I've assumed that the stores don't give you a quantity break on price.  It is $15 to $30 a gram for "legal weed." $420 to $840 an ounce at that gram price.

5. i hear it's taxed something crazy, like 27%... leaving prices to be  $25+ per gram. the fuck is that shit about? i'll leave it up to being on the frontier of legalization and that there's going to be mistakes. hopefully other states will learn from this. 

6. It is taxed WWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more than that.  It is taxed 3 times @ 25% and once more with Sales Tax.  1) When its grown and sold to a Processor, 2) When it is processed and sold to a retailer, and 3) When the retailer sells it to you + sales tax. 

America will only allow legal POT if it is a cash cow.  And hey, why not?  Pull in much needed revenue to pay for "important stuff" I don't feel like listing.

7. oh yeah, I'm thinking of Colorado... 

I think Washington is effectively 75% taxed

In Vancouver Washington good stuff is going for over 1,000 an ounce.

9. I heard when the shop opened they were paying 12000/lb. ohh my.

who's they?

11. The guys that are selling it for 1000/oz.

12. Who's paying that though? Really think about it.  Gold's price is what right now?  A plant that can be produced well for 2% that price????!!!!! Almost the price of GOLD!!!  The state needs to be the one's growing it!  $17 Trillion National Debt gone in 3 friggin weeks!

13. The people that are paying 30/g for shake
    30x 28g=840
    840x16 =13440

Someone is paying it and still making money.

14. I was looking for a rec place while I was on a trip to Washington and Oregon I found one in Vancouver WA that had a z of mids for $800. I called them to verify the price and they told me yeah it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Fuck the state . They can get fucked. Tax and spend fools.

16. In some places its already worth more than gold...

17. what in the fuck?