First Outdoor Grow, Opinions/tips Very Welcome

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by georgiasun420, Jun 28, 2014.

1. @branno: yeah, i got off a month late... My first order of seeds had something wrong with them and none popped... Had to wait for the site i got them from to send me replacements... But all in all im pretty happy where they're at so far. Summer runs a bit long here, so i think it'll all be ok come harvest time. I topped one and its looking good! Makes me wish i had done the rest! Always next season i guess!!

2. #22 sergei, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    Very solid first grow man, and to be lucky enough to get 4 ladies? Stellar!!!!!
    Just a little knowledge for you that I wish I knew when I was starting up.....

Those 5 gallon buckets should be more than sufficient for plants of that size, in the future aim for using larger pots or grow bags (I use 20 gallon smart pots), because the larger the pot, the more roots your plant can produce, and more roots = larger healthier plants.

Another thing, you really limited your yield by planting them at the end of June. Too late? No way! You should still be able to crop a couple ounces of chronic. However, those who sprout their beans as early as April or May will see much larger plants and much better yields.

Bag seeds are fun to grow, and a great thing to learn on, but once you feel like taking your growing exactly to where you want it to be, visit the attitude seed bank, and look into purchasing some verified genetics. They carry every strain you could dream of and ship discreetly worldwide. I have been getting seeds sent to the US from them for 5 years now without issue. Switching from bagseeds to feminized seeds with good genetics will really step up your game. They are heartier, more resilient, and you know exactly what you are growing. Instead of playing the guessing game, I know exactly what I'm growing, how it likes to be grown, if it will stand up to mold, and if it will finish flowering before the first frost..... I will never go back.

Also, get ready to step away from those synthetic nutrients you are using. Those nutrients are lacking a lot of things that Cannabis craves, and is loading it up with things that it really doesnt need. As I am sure you know, there are 2 very distinct stages of growth during the lifestyle of the cannabis plant, the Veg period, and the blooming period. During these 2 periods cannabis plants have certain things that they need, and certain things that they should not have. For instance during the veg period, try and find some nutrients high in Nitrogen with very little Potash or phosphorous. I would recommend looking into fox farms brand fertilizers. They are super easy to use, have a feed chart on the back to follow, are relatively cheap, and your girls will love you.
    During flowering you want to use much less Nitrogen, and load up on Potash and phosphorous, because those boost your flowers production, and removing the Nitrogen from the plants diet during flowering will keep your from having leafy, hay smelling, old basement tasting ganja...... nobody wants that.

I dont like pushing products on other people, and looking like a promoter for a brand, but I have to say using Fox Farms products will make a huuuuugeeeee difference for you. While I no longer use their liquid ferts myself (I still swear by their soils), I have to say their soils and liquid fertilizers took out all of the guess work and made learning how to grow easy and very rewarding. I recommend their nutrient line to anybody new to growing, beccause it makes growing real nice plants almost too easy.

Look into their Fox Farm Ocean Forest soils for next year, along with their "Grow Big" fertilizer for next year's vegetative growth.

As for this season, its not too late to cut out your current fertilizer and substitute it with Fox Farm's "Big Bloom" or "Tiger Bloom". You will be amazed at how quickly your plant begins to pump out the flowers.
    Hope this helps you! Happy growing!

3. @Sergei: thanks man! These are actually from a great online provider.. All feminized. As far as fox farm products, i actually just found a local carrier and am getting my flowering nutes from them! So good looking out and thanks for the props! Happy growing! Ps i am def going with grow bags next time!

4. Just throwing this out there... My plants are just about 2 months old and flowering.... Too early to cut out the nitrogen?

5. Spread the plants apart. Keeps a few feet between the plants to prevent them from shading each other. The more sunlight the better.

6. Anyone have a big bloom cocktail they want to share? LoL

7. @snoopdog: yo thanks man! So you just totally replace the veg nutes with this and nothing else? Good lookin out!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407964417.832817.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407964437.800306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407964459.288073.jpg
    First tri's showed up today!

8. #30 snoopdog6502, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  9. Take a look at my grow, looks very similar. I just updated it with a few pictures.

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408325527.635786.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408325554.347041.jpg
    Tip: dont grow herb on a table that sags! Lmao

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408568152.515293.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408568177.847603.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408568200.837855.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408568223.927691.jpg
    Latest bud update! Taken today

12. Getting there! Frosty

13. Your lucky your plants are in your back yard. I'm struggling to keep mine watered with this 90 degree heat

14. Definitely! Although its getting a little stressful with them just chillin in the yard, but its a nice convenience to be able to tend so easily.

15. From what I can see your backyard has a natural barrier. Doubt anyone people would come walking through there. Low altitude plane are always flying above my spot. Then you got to think about why would those people tell on you? You are causing no harm to anyone and you are using nature's energy. I'd say you're pretty safe. I don't see why cops would bust you when they could probably bust someone selling pounds in a 25 mile radius.

16. That was my logic, i grow only for my own medicinal purpose. Not worth anyone's time to mess with me... Hopefully! LoL

17. hang some red christmas balls from them, now you have "tomato" plants lol