My First Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Russ67, Jun 28, 2014.

1. #1 Russ67, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    This will be my first organic  grow. After 30 years of reading hightimes and looking on the net. This is my plan please let me know what you all think.

Veg room 2'x 3' : lights 10, 23 watt cfl =100watt each.
    Veg 6-9 plants or clones in 1 gal grow bag's in Roots Organic Potting mix.
    At 12" tall will transplant.

Flower room 4'x 4' :Light: 175cfm air cooled 600 watt hps: for  odor contl  424 cfm  Activated Carbon Filter,

Flowering will be in sub cool's super soil in 3 gal grow bags.

Getting everything in place lil by lil should have  every thing for subs  super soil and the flowering room
    ready by 8/1/14 should have pics of veg room soon.

Wish me luck

2. Where did you get your lights from?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Protip: " for inches; ' for feet

4. Got my light from a friend he got a new digital ballast still have to get a hood.

5. #5 Russ67, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Well look at what my friend stopped over with for me. It's my veg box

new pic 004.jpg

Oh look it came with some firends too

new pic 008.jpg  

Lighting:

new pic 005.jpg

6. You've got a nice friend there, but I think he gave you some bad coffee. It's growing something out of it.

7. It's okay  they are coffee plants... I think........... maybe it was cannabis...... what did he say Its sucks getting old Lol! 

8. #8 Russ67, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    Update: Test Run, trans planted the 5 mystery plants in 3 gal grow bags in a mix of Roots Organic Original and sunshine mix#4 and added 2 table spoons of high-phosphorus Sun leaves Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-1). to each grow bag. will veg for 5 more days then will start flowering.

new pic 010.jpg
    Plants are one foot tall Now

9. update: plants are now 15in tall and 4 days in flowering
    new pic 015.jpg

10. #10 Russ67, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    So I transplanted my plants 7 days ago into Roots Organic Original  and sunshine mix#4 with 2 teaspoons of  Sun leaves Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-1) mixed in, they are 18 in away from a 600watt hps temp is 72* ph is 6.5  and now my plants are doing this Please help and now my plants are doing this Please help

Photo-0173.jpg

11. Move your light up little it looks like it could be burning.

12. Thanks ALBERT 

13. So I transplanted my plants 7 days ago into Roots Organic Original  and sunshine mix#4 with 2 teaspoons of  Sun leaves Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-1) mixed in, they are 18 in away from a 600watt hps temp is 72* ph is 6.5  and now my plants are doing this Please help 
    Photo-0173.jpg
     so I moved the light up to 20in and now they are doing the twist?
    Photo-0177.jpg

14. What is your humidity at? My leafs curl down when it gets in the 70% rh.

15. 60% at night and 45% day

16. Happy to report Plants are doing fantastic they are growing about one inch a day, today is day 14 of flowering they started flowering at 12 inches and are now around 27 inches tall with fan leaves Bigger them my hand!  the fingers on them are 7 inches long.
    Photo-0186.jpg  
    Photo-0187.jpg

17. #17 Russ67, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Up date: We are now in the third week of flowering all plants doing Fantastic!! (Today is day 23.) 4 are the same and look like they have a lot of sativa in them and the other one looks like indica. last pic bud shot of indica plant.
    new pic 025.jpg   new pic 036.jpg  
    new pic 038.jpg   new pic 039.jpg   20140605_081640.jpg

18. im in looks interesting im on my first grow and already get the concept of using cfls first because its all i could afford but seeing veg with a MH they are a bit more stretched apart i had a seedling that was 5 inch high with 8 nodes lol 

19. UpAndComer, Thanks for stopping in and commenting on my grow as you can see I had some stretch on 4 of the 5 plants even under HPS. But the fifth one stayed short. cfl's work well for vegging. My buddy did a full grow with them and got around a 1/2 oz per plant in one gal pots.

20. Up date: Day 28 of flowering fed plants 1 tablespoon of Bat Guano (1-10-1)  and 1 tablespoon of Grandma's  unsulphured molasses in 1 gallon of rain water per plant. all look good the indica plant
    stinks so good like a skunk the 4 sativa plant's  not much smell yet.

Photo-0212.jpg   indica plant   Photo-0213.jpg  sativa plant