Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to Smoke Ganja Without your Parents Knowing

• Please log in to reply

Alphå

Alphå

Psychonaut

• Old School
  • 3,909 posts
For those of us who are blessed with single-minded conservative parents who don't condone smoking pot, we have to hide it. I've been caught by my parents twice (and tried to use reason and logic to tell them why I smoke, and why I think its ok for me to smoke cheeba). Both times could have been easily prevented.

I lack organizational skills, so I'm going to jump right into this thread.

Things every stealth smoker should have

- A fan that can be placed in a window to suck air out ($20+)
- A can of UNSCENTED OUST ($2)
- Sploof (Most houses have what you need to make one)
- A pipe that you can cover the top with ($?)
- COMMON SENSE and a LOVE for the cannabis plant

Smoking in the bedroom

My bedroom is the place where I feel the most comfortable. If I'm home alone and want to toke a bowl, my favorite place would probably be on my favorite chair with my feet up and a bowl packed.

A fan is essential if you want to smoke in your room. Place the fan in the window (so the air gets sucked out of the room), and crank it up. Then fire it up. Blow your hits into the fan. If you have a second floor window, you're golden. The wind should carry it away 10x better then if you had a first floor window. If you live on the ground floor, the smoke can tend to linger in colder temperatures.

A Good pipe is one that can be covered

My brother has always had this awesome pipe called a protopipe. They are made by hippies in a commune somewhere in northern California and can be found for about $45.

Posted Image

The city sells them for $53 + Shipping. [ http://shop.grasscit...ty/misp089.html ].

They come with a built in screen (the disc looking thing on the bottom), a poker, and a small tube that acts as a resin scraper, bowl tamper, AND it can hold a little more then 1/8 ounce of finely ground marijuana. The rubber mouthpiece makes it so you don't taste the metallic taste you usually get from metal pipes.

The best feature about this pipe is the top. It has a swivel bowl cap that you can flick over with your thumb.

A LOT of the smell doesn't come from the smoke that's in the air. It comes from the smell of an open bowl. Same deal with how roaches stink. Burnt weed has a pungent smell, so cover your bowl.

If you dont want a protopipe, you can just use your favorite pipe and put a penny, nickel, or if its a party bowl, a Sacajawea coin on top. I've found that pennies fit most normal sized bowls.

Smoking in the shower

Smoking a bowl in the shower after a long day of work is my favorite thing to do. Its a great, private place, and funny smells can usually be blamed on taking large shits.

Take a towl and roll it up, then place it over the crack under the door. Shut the window, and turn the shower on as hot as it will go. Let the place steam up.

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I believe the smoke gets absorbed by the water in the air, trapping the smell in the microscopic water bubbles.

Once the room is nice and steamy, you can blow the hits out the window, or you can just blow it right into the stream of water from the shower.

One thing that may eventually give you away is the flicking noise of your bic. Rip off the child safety and use your fingernail to just barely flick it, and its so much quieter.

After you're done, hop in the shower and clean up (showers are exhilarating when you're stoned, plus its sort of like your cleansing your whole body.... Its nice). Use some spray, and open the window. Make sure you watch your time. You can easily spend 30 minutes with the shower running (wasting water) if you get too baked up and zone out.

Smoking in the closet

I share a room with a little kid, and it really helps me sometimes (like when I'm sick) if I toke up before I go to bed. I really want my little bro to make his own decisions about marijuana (but I want him to know the truth when he's old enough to know it), so I try to keep it on the down low.

First of all, like the shower, you should stick a towel or shirt under the door to block the airflow. Obviously, you should shut the door behind you. I'm lucky enough that my closet has a small hatch that opens up and leads to a crawlspace in the attic. I blow my hits into the attic then close the hatch. I doubt many of you have closet hatches, so here's what you need... A sploof!

A sploof is a paper towel roll stuffed with drier sheets. You blow your skunky hits through one end, and they come out smelling like fresh laundry on the other. The more sheets you use, the better the oder-fighting ability. Make sure you change them often. You can get creative with duct tape or electrical tape... Search the city, there's guides somewhere.

Blow your hits into the sploof, and it will smell like fresh laundry. Keep the door closed until its safe for you to air it out . If you do this every night, it will start to smell of cheeba.

Above all else, make sure you can hear if someone's approaching. Most teenagers will develop the skill of knowing what room someone is in just by listening to the footsteps or noises. An easy way to hear things on the other side of a door is to put your ear to the crack under the door.

Blaze on, and don't get caught.

agg_town

agg_town

BLAZED 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 198 posts

nice
i blaze in my room all the time
parents are used to the smell haha

TooMuchHerb421

TooMuchHerb421

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 685 posts
lol, nice tut.

i love the protopipe, ive never gotten one because my first pipe was a short metal pipe, then i upgraded to my glass pipe "lil blue" i posted a thread bout him ealrier. hes been with me since the beginning. (long time) and never got back into metal. but its fuckin awsome with the built in poker and bud container.

Danimal_Lector

Danimal_Lector

• Registered Upgraded
  • 353 posts
If your trying to be stealthy, dont smoke in your room...

Also, in my opinion it is practically impossible to never get caught if you smoke every day. You will get caught, and it most likely will suck, so dont take chances

Guest_s12fever_*

Guest_s12fever_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
I love this guide and appreciate you making it, even though my parents have gotten used to me smoking, and am sure it will help alot of people who are afraid of getting caught for their own reasons, for ex, getting 'grounded', or worse; kicked out of home...etc...

I know exactly what you mean about smoking in the shower though, i love to get blazed and have a nice long, hot shower...it's the best thing to start off a big buzz, puts you in a nice relaxed mood and like you said, you feel 'cleansed' just a realyl nice feeling...

thanks again, c ya

gotdank

gotdank

• Registered Upgraded
  • 179 posts
1Lil tip.
Try using a damp towel(not paper) instead of a sploof. Just push your face in the towel and blow out your hit, just have a tiny bit of spray, and this mehtod works.
Use it almost everyday.
Good Luck.

DCW_4

DCW_4

Legal Herbs = Tea

• Registered Upgraded
  • 287 posts
+rep for the great guide and explanations. Man, if my parents caught me, they WOULD turn me in to the police.

mrk195smokin

mrk195smokin

blaze and raise

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,281 posts

For those of us who are blessed with single-minded conservative parents who don't condone smoking pot, we have to hide it. I've been caught by my parents twice (and tried to use reason and logic to tell them why I smoke, and why I think its ok for me to smoke cheeba). Both times could have been easily prevented.

I lack organizational skills, so I'm going to jump right into this thread.

Things every stealth smoker should have

- A fan that can be placed in a window to suck air out ($20+)
- A can of UNSCENTED OUST ($2)
- Sploof (Most houses have what you need to make one)
- A pipe that you can cover the top with ($?)
- COMMON SENSE and a LOVE for the cannabis plant

Smoking in the bedroom

My bedroom is the place where I feel the most comfortable. If I'm home alone and want to toke a bowl, my favorite place would probably be on my favorite chair with my feet up and a bowl packed.

A fan is essential if you want to smoke in your room. Place the fan in the window (so the air gets sucked out of the room), and crank it up. Then fire it up. Blow your hits into the fan. If you have a second floor window, you're golden. The wind should carry it away 10x better then if you had a first floor window. If you live on the ground floor, the smoke can tend to linger in colder temperatures.

A Good pipe is one that can be covered

My brother has always had this awesome pipe called a protopipe. They are made by hippies in a commune somewhere in northern California and can be found for about $45.

Posted Image

The city sells them for $53 + Shipping. [ http://shop.grasscit...ty/misp089.html ].

They come with a built in screen (the disc looking thing on the bottom), a poker, and a small tube that acts as a resin scraper, bowl tamper, AND it can hold a little more then 1/8 ounce of finely ground marijuana. The rubber mouthpiece makes it so you don't taste the metallic taste you usually get from metal pipes.

The best feature about this pipe is the top. It has a swivel bowl cap that you can flick over with your thumb.

A LOT of the smell doesn't come from the smoke that's in the air. It comes from the smell of an open bowl. Same deal with how roaches stink. Burnt weed has a pungent smell, so cover your bowl.

If you dont want a protopipe, you can just use your favorite pipe and put a penny, nickel, or if its a party bowl, a Sacajawea coin on top. I've found that pennies fit most normal sized bowls.

Smoking in the shower

Smoking a bowl in the shower after a long day of work is my favorite thing to do. Its a great, private place, and funny smells can usually be blamed on taking large shits.

Take a towl and roll it up, then place it over the crack under the door. Shut the window, and turn the shower on as hot as it will go. Let the place steam up.

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I believe the smoke gets absorbed by the water in the air, trapping the smell in the microscopic water bubbles.

Once the room is nice and steamy, you can blow the hits out the window, or you can just blow it right into the stream of water from the shower.

One thing that may eventually give you away is the flicking noise of your bic. Rip off the child safety and use your fingernail to just barely flick it, and its so much quieter.

After you're done, hop in the shower and clean up (showers are exhilarating when you're stoned, plus its sort of like your cleansing your whole body.... Its nice). Use some spray, and open the window. Make sure you watch your time. You can easily spend 30 minutes with the shower running (wasting water) if you get too baked up and zone out.

Smoking in the closet

I share a room with a little kid, and it really helps me sometimes (like when I'm sick) if I toke up before I go to bed. I really want my little bro to make his own decisions about marijuana (but I want him to know the truth when he's old enough to know it), so I try to keep it on the down low.

First of all, like the shower, you should stick a towel or shirt under the door to block the airflow. Obviously, you should shut the door behind you. I'm lucky enough that my closet has a small hatch that opens up and leads to a crawlspace in the attic. I blow my hits into the attic then close the hatch. I doubt many of you have closet hatches, so here's what you need... A sploof!

A sploof is a paper towel roll stuffed with drier sheets. You blow your skunky hits through one end, and they come out smelling like fresh laundry on the other. The more sheets you use, the better the oder-fighting ability. Make sure you change them often. You can get creative with duct tape or electrical tape... Search the city, there's guides somewhere.

Blow your hits into the sploof, and it will smell like fresh laundry. Keep the door closed until its safe for you to air it out . If you do this every night, it will start to smell of cheeba.

Above all else, make sure you can hear if someone's approaching. Most teenagers will develop the skill of knowing what room someone is in just by listening to the footsteps or noises. An easy way to hear things on the other side of a door is to put your ear to the crack under the door.

Blaze on, and don't get caught.

OMFG NICE GUILD WILL HELP ALOT :) PLUS REP AND SOME OTHE LIKE THE SHIT THING ARE NICE AND FUNNY.:D

dukeofhazard87

dukeofhazard87

Registered Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts
My pop is sleeping in the next room, literally feet from the bathroom door, and I just got in from blazing....helps that he snores like a champ...anyway...

I've never had to worry about smoking at home since I left for college two years ago, but at home on break. So what I do is smoke in the bathroom.

Got a sploof
Towel under door
most important in my case...a bathroom fan that is right above the toilet.

So I run the water (keeps the sound of a lighter sparking down..dad smokes cigs, he knows that sound), put the seat down on the toilet and stand on it, take a hit, then blow directly out at the fan (with the sploof). Since I'm inches away, it's sucked up in seconds. Also helps I'm using a homemade one-hitter, so not much risidual smoke.

I couldn't find the dryer sheets lately, so I had one left, which I used as the cover for one end of the TP roll, then stuck a little toilet paper in there. Hit it with some Febreeze so it was a little moist, and smoked through it. Still worked, although not as well.

Mindless~!~?

Mindless~!~?

spring time for hitler

• Registered Upgraded
  • 608 posts
Great guid, i cant let my parrents know i smoke, but the only thing they have agenst it, is buying weed in my area is like russian rullet (SP?) everything is laced, so i have this thery that if i grow my own, they wont have anything agenst it, but then they will think its bad that i would grow, well i tryed to germinate 2 seeds but they didnt work, i just said they were "hemp plants" and there was no THC in them even though there is no such thing as a hemp plant.

P.S, you left out incense, burn 2 sticks of super hit, and it covers up the lingering smell, and helps you relax and feel great.

djb1z

djb1z

Zig-Zag Bong Champ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,121 posts
Stick This, This Is An Awesoem Tutorial Top Notch

llockhart86

llockhart86

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 358 posts
yeah, i know the best way to NEVER get caught by my parents..or i did, before i grew up. And it was to, only smoke pot away from the house, and to make sure i gave myself time to sober up and get the smell off, without pounding a bunch of cologne on me....

i never got caught by my rents.

but then again, me and my ma smoke up all the time together. shes an old 60's pot hippie...shes the shit. for real. i hook her up with the dankness here in mn.

Demonballer

Demonballer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,102 posts
What I do to smoke at home is just take smaller hits and ghost them. Or I sit right on my window sill and just blow them out the window. Im home for christmas break for about another week and thats what I have been doing all break and its worked pretty well. Its worked all through out highschool too. But my parents are also very predictable. Like I know that when Im in my room with the door closed they wont come in and once they are sitting on the couch and watching tv at night nothing really gets them up. If you want to smoke at home just watch your parents for patterns in there behavior. My parents also go to the gym everyday so I use that time to hit my bong.

.stereosonic

.stereosonic

Wanna Hit This Shit?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 239 posts
nice, +rep for the effort. my parents are chill with it (hell, they're flower children themselves) just as long as i do it in privacy e.g. my room. plus i like to keep it as private as possible, so that they only know i do smoke, but not how much, through what, how often, etc. that little extra comfort on their part sure helps.

and like demonballer just said, once my parents sit themselves in front of the tube for their shows, that's a solid two hours where i can have an undisturbed smoke session.

lamorea

lamorea

Chronic Smot Poker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 570 posts
Try to use a method that doesn't have a way to let smoke go out into the air, such as a parachute, bucket or gravity bong. I smoke a parachute in my room almost everyday and my parents don't have a clue.

All I do is open the window, then i burn the bowl in my parachute, i take the hit, exhale it through a sploof out the window. (Just in case the wind blows the smoke back into my room).

I find having a background smell makes smoking weed easier too hahah, I leave my laundry lying on my floor for too long, so my room smells kind of musty, so even when i smoke my parachute without a sploof or opening the window after about 10-15 minutes you can't smell weed anymore. :D

stenod

stenod

Great Pan is dead

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,841 posts
Nice man, if your worried about the noise of the lighter burn a candle and relight the lighter from that so you wont have to flick the flint.

More revealing for me however is the noise from the bong, play some music while you toke.

dustin99

dustin99

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
a lighter (the cheap rectangle ones w0ork best but bics will work) are great to put over the bowl it puts out the cherry saving the weed and reduces smell

SirKevin

SirKevin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 582 posts

Also, in my opinion it is practically impossible to never get caught if you smoke every day. You will get caught, and it most likely will suck, so dont take chances

How do people feel about this statement? Anyone with experience in this situation? (eg has toked daily for a long time w/out being caught, toked daily for a long time but was caught for something stupid...etc?)

A few observations on this thread:

- Any ideas for nights when the wind is not working favourably? eg blowing into your room

- I personally don't like putting the fan on before toking. Hearing my parents leave their rooms is essential, and I'm sure that'd be impossible with the fan running while I was toking. Thoughts?

This is an excellent thread in both idea & detail.

lamorea

lamorea

Chronic Smot Poker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 570 posts

How do people feel about this statement? Anyone with experience in this situation? (eg has toked daily for a long time w/out being caught, toked daily for a long time but was caught for something stupid...etc?)

- Any ideas for nights when the wind is not working favourably? eg blowing into your room

- I personally don't like putting the fan on before toking. Hearing my parents leave their rooms is essential, and I'm sure that'd be impossible with the fan running while I was toking. Thoughts?

I have smoked weed in my room almost every day for almost 2 years, and i've never been caught.
Use a sploof even when you're blowing it out the window just incase it comes back in, that way you don't need a fan, and you can still hear your parents/siblings or whatever.

stenod

stenod

Great Pan is dead

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,841 posts

I would have to agree that if you toke daily your parents finding out is pretty much inevitable. Like me for instance, my parents didnt find out for about a year after i started, im real carefull about not leaving any clues and theyd never be able to tell if i was high without suspicion. But my friend got caught and his parents talked to mine. Your gonna get screwed over in one way or another.

As for unfavorable wind, just smoke at night so your parents wont be in there for at least 6 hours and use a sploof. Weed smell doesnt linger too long anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users