Still in the closet - My perpetual 1000w Multi-Strain Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NGP, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Done and enjoy :)

Thanks! :yay:

Lights about to shut off for the "night". Just gave the GSC a gallon of RO water, she was getting dry and thirsty! Clearly being the largest, she's gonna be a thirtsty producer. She drinks 2-to-1 what the others drink. It's funny because Cali Connections lists this as a "medium" height plant. This is the largest indoor growth I've seen on any plant I've grown. She's gonna be a beast. I hope her clones take off...I cut 3 of em off her. :yummy:

3. Ugggh....just checked the clones, only 2 of the 6 even have roots started, after almost a week in the dome under the LED. Not super impressed with the results at all. The 2 clones that seem to be rooting are a GSC and an Ultra Sour. Unsure why dousing the exposed cut stem in Clonex gel, putting into RO water pre-soaked rw cubes and then put under 24hrs light in a clone dome. So 4 of them didn't even root, pulled them right out of the rockwool. The other two have very small root formations protruding all around, starting to root into the RW. I'm going to go ahead and put these two into some Sunshine Organic Plantix Mix, the same that I started this grow with....and stick those under 24/0 light until they take off.

Will throw some pics in here, need to setup my new veg space first :)

4. looking good mane!!!!

5. You should build an aeroponic cloner... Success rates in the 90s

TBH I wasn't really planning on cloning anything from this grow. I was apprehensive when I started with CFL's that I would have such success. It became apparent, and was spur of the moment literally the day before I flipped into flower, that I needed to cut some clones to try and grow some more of these plants because they turned out so strong. The genetics are good. :smoke:

I went ahead and planted the two 'survivors' which may or may not take off. They both have a decent looking little root structure forming in the RW cubes, so I put both the GSC and Ultra Sour clones and put them into 1gal pots filled with Sunshine Organic Planting Mix and have them under the Blackstar.

I have plenty of grow space at my disposal, but not in the best environment for running two rooms. My current flower room is fine, and I plan to keep that up for now beyond this grow to keep throwing plants in there to finish up. So right now, I need to secure my veg space in the area I have my clones going, meaning ridding it of bugs and making it an ultra-clean environment. I hate messy grow rooms, and my current flower room is pretty freaking clean, so once I get some free time in my schedule this weekend, I have a couple of projects to knock out...

1. Panda Film laid out in the floor of the flower room, to let that HPS reflect off the floor and into the lower sections and undersides.

2. MOAR Panda Film needed for the veg room, which is going up this weekend...involves plywood, screws, 2x4's, insulation, beer and weed...both the growing kind and the smoking kind.

Stay tuned for pics everyone, thanks for following along. It looks like I'm picking up some new regular viewers and subscribers. I hope the end result is worth it to everyone, and if I could share out my crop with all my friends here, I would :bongin:

thanks for following along!!

7. Looks excellent and your set up is kick ass.

You going to grow clone up in hydro right?

You know what, that actually isn't a bad fucking idea blade :metal:

I have an RDWC system already in storage. In fact, the (4) 5gal buckets these ladies are growing in, are from an RDWC setup, you can see the little rubber grommets on the bottom in some of the pics, where the lines connect. Anyway, I could easily setup a 2-site hydro system with the 2 clones that seem to be taking with what old hydro equipment I have around. Hmmm....gives me something to consider.... :confused_2:  Thanks for the suggestion :lol:

9. #49 NGP, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    ** Update 7/17 - Day 9 flower **

OK, just another update into Week 2 --

Flash on, flash off
    DSCF0516.JPG DSCF0515.JPG

The GSC is taking off. Everything is looking great in the garden :yay:

GSC
    DSCF0507.JPG DSCF0501.JPG DSCF0503.JPG

Wreckage
    DSCF0511.JPG

Ultra Sour x 2
    (checkout the purple tips...and small budsite starting....it's like this all over both up close)
    DSCF0505.JPG DSCF0509.JPG DSCF0521.JPG

10. Question: Is it too late to trim up the bottoms on these and do a little more lollipopping? It's driving me a little nuts to still have so much fluff down below on some of the branches, but I don't want to cut anything at this point if it's going to stress the plants. Opinions?

11. I don't ever cut anything so no help here... I don't think it will stress them too much if you don't take off too much at one time though

Went ahead and did the last and final trim to the ladies tonight. Day 10 flower, no biggie. They are all big healthy and bushy. I removed a quart-sized ziploc bag full of fluff, bottom leaves and small stems. They now look manicured and should bush out and keep going up from here nicely. :cool:

I'll take some pics after the weekend. I want to get my flower room done with the reflective film on the floor and a few other tweaks, then will do another update.

Thanks to all the new subscribers as well, I'll try to keep this current as much as possible, and detailed. Remember, this is my FIRST closet grow, and pretty much will be my first SOLO successful indoor grow. I've been a part of other operations in some way shape or form, and I've taken that experience combined and trying to apply that knowledge here. And of course, GC is a major factor in that

Cheers :wave:

13. #53 NGP, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    Going to make an update post tonight hopefully. Picked up some bamboo stakes to get these ladies ready to hold some weight, and also will show off what was cut from underneath in the late and last trimming that I did last night. As soon as lights come on tonight and I get things situated, I should get some pics posted up here. Thanks for following along :D

14. ** Update 7/20 - Day 12 Flower **

Some changes to the garden.... major trimming took place down below, and now we've got homemade cages consisting of 4ft bamboo stakes and twine. Also put in a stronger oscillating pedestal fan for more air movement on these growing ladies :hello:

DSCF0548.JPG DSCF0541.JPG

Nice and clean down below, ready to thrive up top! :smoke:

DSCF0542.JPG DSCF0543.JPG DSCF0544.JPG

GSC bud starting to get a little more pronounced. All of the bud sites on the GSC are similar in size and development

DSCF0549.JPG DSCF0551.JPG

Next update I should have the panda film laid down on the floor, and getting ready to put in the carbon filter. It will attach to the open end of the ducting hanging on the hood, which right now is doing a fantastic job of keeping the room cool! 73-75 degree temps in the room with the lights on, and around 68 with lights off. I love burning lights at night, makes things so much more managable! B)

15. ** Update 7/21 - Day 13 Flower **

OK did some tidying up in the flower room, and I hope you like the changes!

• Installed Blackstar 240w LED to run alongside with 1000w HPS 12/12
    • New oscillating fan
    • Removed ducting on hood that will eventually connect to carbon filter
    • Installed adjustable rope hangers for cooled hood as well as LED light
    • Lifted HPS about 12 inches, to give more light coverage and allow more height
    • Removed rope from bamboo

DSCF0559.JPG DSCF0554.JPG
    DSCF0567.JPG DSCF0561.JPG
    DSCF0557.JPG

• Some close ups of the Girl Scout Cookies
    DSCF0564.JPG DSCF0565.JPG

• Ultra Sour doing her thing
    DSCF0566.JPG

16. #56 NGP, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Slept in this morning, got up about 15 minutes after my timer goes off to turn off the HPS. I'm almost always up before 9am when the room goes dark, but a long night of partying kept me out. So I noticed my LED was still on. I plugged it into it's own timer, but syncing the two timers together apparently is going to be a little tricky. I think it's because I'm using 2 different brands with one having a larger dial with more increment tabs between the hours. So it's gonna throw the lights out of sync.

I was leery of adding the 240w light into the additional AC outlet on the HPS timer, just because pulling that many watts from these $10 household timers I have doesn't seem all too safe. I'm already not so hot about the idea of running a 1000w magnetic humming ballast overnight while I sleep, I find myself waking up sometimes to go check the grow area of the building where this is at, to make sure it isn't on fire! :eek:

I think I'm going to just swap out the mismatched timer with a matching one, and try my best to manually sync both timers using the tabs and time arrow. Anyone else run multiple timers and have a hard time sync'ing them? Or should I just throw that 240w LED onto the HPS timer and call it a day? :confused_2:

17. I run digital times and they are synced within seconds of each other. I think most timers have info available on max number of amps that can be safely ran through them. Mine had the info in the little instruction paperwork that came with them.

I think that's going to be the best option, to just upgrade from a mechanical to a digital timer

19. The leaves on girl scout are a trip, so rigid looking. Or maybe that's just a healthy plant? Lol

20. NGP-

Great job so far. I am running the GH Grow Box as well. I like that they are all organic, allowing you to supplement when you like with actual nutrients without burning the plants. Like the lights as well. I run a single analog timer into a power strip and I run 700 watts of lights off it with zero issues. I run my fans and air movers 24 hrs so they plug right into the wall. If it keeps u up at night.... fix it! My experience is always trust your gut! I am subbed, bring the ladies home my friend!