Still in the closet - My perpetual 1000w Multi-Strain Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NGP, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Yeah, your not friggin around with the lighting. Those buds.... Oh ho ho hohh. Dense will be an understatement.

2. #22 NGP, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    I will be applying my first round of nutes tomorrow night! So far, these plants have never seen any added nutrients besides what's in Fox Farms Ocean Forest. They were transplanted once, so the FFOF they are in the 5gal buckets in now are only a little over a week old. But starting tomorrow I will begin my feeding schedule.

I'm using the GH "Go Box" system from their Organics line. So it has the Grow/Bloom base plus 6 other amendments like CalMg, Big Bud, Root Thrive, etc.

3. ** Update 7/8 **

We've got HPS! Officially in 12/12 flower! Using a Hortilux 1000w bulb :metal:

201407080822043.JPG 201407080822042.JPG

And we've got nutes! Just gave the ladies their first nutrient feeding tonight :) Until now, they have just been feeding off soil for 6 weeks! :eek:

201407080822040.JPG

I removed the CFL's, T8's and Blackstar. Right now I have the glass out of the hood and won't seal it until my carbon filter arrives. So the fan is still sucking air, just through the open hood, and the passive air intake at the ground level is pulling in a good amount of cool air.

God it's been a while since I've been under an HPS, especially in a 1000w room. My eyes are blind!! Haha. It's like I've captured the sun in the room. :D

4. Alright it's lights out for the ladies for the next 24 hours. I know some people do a 24hr blackout period when switching between light cycles. So I turned off the lights early tonight, and am going to let the ladies rest in the dark for almost a full day before switching into flower. I'm going to run the lights from 9pm-9am to take advantage of the lower bill rates overnight, and the cooler climate of the structure at night to pump in cooler air while on.

Thanks for those still following :)

5. Haha great minds think alike... I am running my lights from 9:30 to 9:30 in my flowering tent. :)

6. cant wait to see those nuggets mane!!!!!

7. #27 NGP, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
    Took some clones....

6 total -
    3x GSC Thin Mints, 2x Wreckage and 1x Ultra Sour.

DSCF0409.JPG DSCF0411.JPG DSCF0406.JPG
    DSCF0419.JPG DSCF0421.JPG

Have them in a clone humid dome, Blackstar LED (putting the specs at the bottom of this post if you are intrested in the light...), 2" rockwool cubes (presoaked) and used some Clonex gel. My grow shop gave me a 4oz sample bottle of a cloning solution called Life Cloning Solution. http://grow-better.com/life/

It's 0.5-1-0.5 and you use 15ml per gallon of water. You soak the RW cubes for a few hours in this cloning nutrient solution. I mixed up a half gallon (so 7.5ml of the solution) and soaked the cubes and poured the 1/2 gallon in the cloning tray. There are performations in the inner tray so the solution is even across all clone sites. I have to water them every few days with the RO + nutrient solution for the next couple of weeks.

My hydro shop said the clone solution manufacturer says it makes the roots start appearing in 4 days. Again, I'm using Clonex rooting gel anyway. Also, my method for taking clones is after taking the cutting, to take a sharp edge and lightly scrape the bottom 1/2" of the light green stem all the way around, exposing the inner white cell walls where the root formations protrude from most abulndantly. Rather than a 45 degree cut, I've seen this method I'm using done by a lot of growers, and I've always seen healthy growth from it. So this is how I'm tying it on these :)

I'll update these clones in this journal as well rather that making a new one. Just to keep things perpetual for now :bongin:

:ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey: :ey:

Lighthouse Hydro Blackstar 240w LED grow light specs:

- Size: 15.75" x 8.375"
     - Coverage Area: 3' x 2' (6 Square Feet)
     - LED Chipset: 3W
     - Number of LED's: 80
     - Rated Hours: 50,000
     - Bands: 6 Band
     - Red: 630, 660nm
     - Blue: 425nm
     - Infrared: 730nm
     - Ultraviolet: 380nm
     - White: 12000k

You can buy them at places like:

http://www.amazon.com/Lighthouse-Hydro-BlackStar-Flowering-240-watt/dp/B004E662SA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405089793&sr=8-1&keywords=blackstar+240

http://www.gothamhydroponics.com/led-grow-lights/lighthouse-hydro-blackstar-240w-led-grow-light-uv.html

:hippie:

8. I didn't trim the leaves on these clones, because they were relatively small. When I did some lollipopping last week, it pretyt much took off all lower branches with the larger viable clone samples, so what I was left with were the lower-mid/mid branches which had the smaller but still complete 3 leaf (and in some case 5) branch sets on it, so I will have the right start if I can get them to root.

I just checked the clones about an hour ago, and they all look like they will make it fine. Of course I won't know for sure for another couple of days if they are starting to take, but for now I'm leaving that LED on them 24/0 and as you could see from the vapor inside the dome, it's getting good and humid in there.

In other news, I can no longer *edit* my original post, which means the subject line saying "Updated 7/8" is inaccurate. Damn, wonder if I could get a mod to remove that date in the subject line for me....

9. Yeah they changed something in the past few days where we can't edit any of our posts but the last one in the thread?

10. #30 NGP, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    ** Update 7/11 ** Day 3 flower

DSCF0429.JPG

So I've tied back some of the branches, downward and outward.... I'm contemplating doing a ScrOG for this setup....I'm seeing a lot of budsites popping up, and with doing some LST action, I'm exposing those smaller sites now to 100% HPS light, so they should start swelling up once I add the first line of flower-only nutes next week! Right now I'm using the transitional period week nutes, which includes the "Grow" base. Next week begins the full flower regiment, so I'm excited about that.

Got my Method7 Glasses. Ok, they aren't the "real" Method 7, they are actually from Apollo Horticulture and I got them on Amazon for under $10 shipped. Here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQRSSOW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me tell you, all the 5 star reviews weren't lying. I can stand being in my flower room now, and taking pictures using the glasses makes it a breeze. Checkout the difference here...that's the frame of the glasses at the top of the pic. DSCF0437.JPG

Look at the difference from the camera lens! Go spend $100 on Method7's....or....get these. And BTW, they look and work well out in the sun driving around, they could pass as daytime frames with blue lenses.

Onto the pics :metal:

The canopy...

Front left - GSC   Front right - Wreckage
    Back 2 - Ultra Sour's
    DSCF0428.JPG DSCF0424.JPG

Looking at the 1000w HPS Hortilux through the UV glasses
    DSCF0427.JPG

I have the glass in the hood, the room is staying much cooler and a more consistent temperature with it sealed. So for now, until my carbon filter arrives...I'm just sucking out hot air from the open end of the ducting. It exits out through the ceiling, and the passive intake at the floor pulls in fresh air.

DSCF0425.JPG

Healthy looking plants. Not bad for 6 weeks under CFL's! Now let's see what this 1000w HPS can do!

DSCF0426.JPG

Temps are good. Lights off (during the day), it drops to 75, lights on (during night - 9am/9pm) the room only goes up to 82, and mind you this is a room that has 2 walls facing the outside, so temps are good for middle of summer because where it live, it's warm! So the air exchange and cooled hood makes the difference. I can't imagine using an open or batwing style hood in here, it would get so hot, and this is a relatively large space for 4 plants. Most people would fill this room with at leats 8-10 and ScrOG the shit outta it! But I vegged for 6 weeks to get big girls...so...I plan to fill it up, just wait and watch :hippie:

Peace :bongin:

11. I'm planning to stop by the grow shop tomorrow and grab some panda film to cover the floor. I know those colors are eating up that light, and the panda reflective film will help that light bounce and hopefully get more saturation to the underside. Will update with some pics once the floor is covered in film. :wave:

12. They're in the dark right now, so I won't get a chance to cover the floors with Panda Film until next week once my schedule clears up for some overnight work. So since I have a couple of days, I'm going to just buy it online and have it shipped, it's cheaper than local and I don't really have time to drive to the hydro store for it this week. They get enough of my business anyway :bongin:

It kinda sucks logisically having the lights on at night, because I have a suit-n-tie work schedule, so my available time to maintain the garden is after work before bed, and in the morning before work after a wake n bake :smoking:  But in terms of cost and efficiency, lights on at night makes more sense. I just wish I could visit my ladies more on the weekends when I'm off work :ey:

13. ** Update 7/14 Day 6 Flower **

Just did the 2nd feeding tonight, this time it was full flower nutes, first time with the Bloom base and Big Bud. I'm a day early on the feeding but the two largest (GSC and Wreckage) were getting thirsty so I figured I'd feed tonight. I'm not seeing any type of deficiency or burn occuring. :metal:

Nothing really special to report, oh except THEY ARE GETTING HUGE!

DSCF0450.JPG DSCF0445.JPG DSCF0448.JPG

The Girl Scout Cookies clearly is the largest. All are now showing sex (female) so I was 4/4. If you're just joining, I started with 3 fem seeds and the Girl Scout was a reg, so I got lucky and got all 4 ladies  :yay:

The GSC was already showing 2 weeks ago in veg, she's a horny girl. You'll see some of them have leaning branches, that's from some of the LST techniques I'm employing. I'm trying to keep an even canopy by typing them down to get good light penetration

Wreckage
    DSCF0446.JPG DSCF0458.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies
    DSCF0448.JPG DSCF0454.JPG

Larger Ultra Sour
    DSCF0447.JPG DSCF0457.JPG

Smaller Ultra Sour
    DSCF0449.JPG

Thanks for following along, looking forward to some more growth going into week 2 of flower! ;)

14. #34 NGP, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    Just wanted to make an entry that today marks Week 2 of Flower. When the lights come on tonight I'm going to give the full flower feeding for the first time to both Ultra Sour's.

Just some facts on the genetics for anyone who might not know what I'm growing:

TH Seeds Ultra Sour:
    Type: Mostly Indica
    Flowering: Photoperiod
    Height: Medium
    Area: Indoor & Outdoor
    Genetics: MK-Ultra x East Coast Sour D

TH Seeds Wreckage
    Type: Sativa
    Area: Indoor
    Genetics: Arcata TrainWreck and S.A.G.E

Cali Connection Girl Scout Cookies
    Type: Indica/Sativa
    Area: Indoor & Outdoor
    Genetics: Thin Mint Pheno

15. #35 NGP, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    ** Update 7/15 -- Week 2 Flower **

Just did a full strength flower feeding for both Ultra Sour's tonight. All the plants are looking fantastic. The GSC and Wreckage were fed full strength flower nutes last night and 24 hours later they look great. What do you think?

HPS light filtering courtesy of my Apollo UV glasses. Get em on Amazon, around $10 and totally worth it if you spend any time in a flower room. I've worn Method 7's, these have the same effect for 1/10 the price. Taking pictures through the glasses (except the last one showing temps)

Starting to fill out...
    DSCF0464.JPG

From the side
    DSCF0475.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies starting to get pretty. Flash on, the leaves look a little frosty already :confused_2:
    GSCweek2flower.JPG

Temps in the room - I run lights from 9pm - 9am.
    DSCF0467.JPG

:gc_rocks:

16. Still rockin the beat :bongin:   Ladies are looking good tonight! I think I'm gonna have some monster ladies here guys..... that 6 weeks of veg paid off, I'm ready to fill this room!

Any estimates of what I might pull off these, considering my layout and equipment? 6oz per? MOAR? :ey:

17. LOL at thread title. At first i thought an Indian Love Guru spam thread LOL 

I sure need more sleep but need to drive mom in law to airport ( Mel Gibson effect : Freedooommmm ) 

The setup looks really nice man , keep up good work :)

I just wish I could edit that first post of mine....where it says "Updated 7/8"..... :(  I'm pleased to have an admin stroll through here. Any chance you could just edit my OP to get rid of that? It makes it seem like I don't update my journal anymore. Forward thinking...I won't "edit" my OP in a grow journal each time I make a reply, I didn't realize there was a time limit on the edits :gc_rocks:

19. #39 Lizard King, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014

Tell me the exact thread title you want and let me do the magic :)

Just my original post starting this thread, could you just remove what's in the red brackets in the screen shot? That whole section just dates the journal! Now I know moving forward. And thanks for not deleting my thread thinking it was from an Indian Love Guru, LOL!

Have a safe trip, don't stay up all night!

Clipboard01.jpg