Still in the closet - My perpetual 1000w Multi-Strain Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NGP, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Oh good for you bro! I was honestly bummed out a little when you said you had to packnit up for a bit

Great run man. I will stay tuned for the next round.

3. #283 NGP, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    **** NEW GROW UPDATE ****

(pics below...but read this wall of text if you want a overall summary of what the hell is about to go on here for the next few months. And if you're new....welcome, you're about to join ANOTHER awesome grow! Read through my first one at the start of this page.)

Should I start a new journal, or do you guys mind tagging along in this same thread? I mean what the fuck....I'm still not out of the closet!  :eek:

The tent is up and we are in business!!!

I was able to use the same hookups for air exchange. Passive intake from adjoining room piped in through 6" ducting at the top of the tent, and exhaust through the same cooled hood as the last grow, going out through the top of the tent as well, using the 6" inline. This is the 78x78x78 tent by Aviditi on Amazon. Under $200 and it seems very well built. If this was in an open room, you would see the front and sides unzip completely out for ultimate access, but in this closet, and this is no joke....I have less than 1" of space side to side. I have about 2 feet of ceiling clearance, which accommodates the exhaust and ducting as well as wires and even light storage. Because this sucker is crammed into a closet with no exterior facing walls, it's completely dark from all sides so no light leaks.

So why did I upgrade to a tent, in the same sealed/dark room? Basically for cleanliness and organization. I can better avoid pet hair, dirt/dust, and pests. I'm impressed with how well the tent is sealed. As soon as I zip it up, it sucks in the sides (not to an extreme...just noticable enough) because of the pressure from the air exchange, so it's sucking in that cold outside air from the passive intake and I'm now running 1000w from the start, something different from last time which I did seedling/veg under CFL's. This time it's 1000w from seed to harvest. Of course I have an MH bulb in there now, but daytime temps are 81 and night are 79 and I'm running lights 24/0 for the next couple of weeks when I'm ready to enter veg.

Going to do a strict 3 week veg, 9 week flower. Grow list as follows:

Ultra Sour (T.H. Seeds - MK Ultra x E Coast Sour D - return from the last mega harvest!)
    Blue Dream (bag seed)
    Afghani (bag seed)

Guys I already have some beans popped and sprouts going. I threw all of the beans I had left in my tin in the wet paper towels over the past few days. The Ultra Sour's are feminised, the bag seed of course is a crapshoot. I'll have the total #'s in a few days once everything either sprouts or sputters out, but we're looking at between 8-12 plants here guys. I want to fill this tent. It's a big enough tent to put another 1000w in there if I want to get froggy, but let's see what I can pull off this light again! Did over a pound last run on 4 plants, but I'm running this whole grow with full 1000w power to get the most from it!

Nutrients will be the same line again, GH Organics line. I'm just going to buy the Grow/Bloom base and the Big Bud, etc that I'm low on from the starter kit, at my local grow show. They carry it. I'm also deciding if I should use nutes in veg this time. Last time I only had them feed in veg from FFOF. Speaking of which, staying with the FFOF theme. Have fresh bags of it, not reusing any soil from the last grow, all new stuff.

Onto the pics! If I didn't type all this shit first before putting up the pics, chances are you wouldn't read it. Half of you didn't even make it this far. Just rambling cuz I'm fucked up from this Wreckage and Ultra Sour I've been on this morning guys. That last grow set me up for a minute if you know what I mean. Over a pound of fucking A grade bud. Did you guys see those pics? Jesus. :ey:

Unboxing the 78x78x78 tent in a "7x7 closet" from the last grow.  Makes this a 6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5ft tent

201409271202380.JPG

......it barely squeezes in

201409271202381.JPG

oh shit...I can't cover it the way the instructions say...they tell you to construct it first, THEN wrap it. I tried, for 2 hours....I then decided FUCK IT....I'll take it all apart, and rebuilt it INSIDE the cover and work my way out. Genius. And if I do say so, this is the easiest way to do this tent anyway, space issue aside. In an open room, it would take forever to cover this. It took me almost no extra time to build it around the cover from the base up. 

REBUILDING frame....cover going up around it...with less than 1" to spare wall to wall. Yes, getting the corners tight was a knuckle buster, but no tears! Tough tent!

201409271202382.JPG

Covered

201409271202383.JPG

Hood installed with ducting

201409271202384.JPG

Peek-a-boo

201409271202385.JPG

I think we're in business everybody! Because my friends couldn't get enough....so I believe in reinvesting and upgrading to keep that engine going.

201409271202386.JPG

Peace :gc_rocks:

4. O.K. brother I read the whole thing. LOL. Your tent is a bit bigger than a 5x5. I run a 5x5 with a 1K, I would not add another to it. I think 5x5 with a 1k is a great combination. 81 degrees is my absolute top limit, I really like mid 70's for temp. I think you will like this tent and your upgrades all sound like good moves. I am gonna be watching this one for sure man.

5. #285 NGP, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014

Hey GG! It's larger than 5ft, it's 78x78x78 (sorry edited OP) here's the tent on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U6WDDM/

So it's a 6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5

Thanks for following bud!

* edit * although on Amazon it says 77x77x77, the box, instructions (and my tape measure) say 78x78x78. So when I ordered this, I thought I had an extra inch to spare since I pre-measured. Had this been another 1/2" larger, it wouldn't have fit. It's that tight! :smoke:

6. You could do two 600's... Just sayin'.

That's 275 cubic.. Well actually a little less. Lots of people do 8x4 2k flowering tents. That's only 208 so it seems that tent would do very well with 2k given the light placement is on point.

I'm still subbed let's keep this shit rolling. Up hill.

You could and one could be MH for dual spectrum. This is good thinking.

You probably put that 68 number in there just to see if we did read it. LOL. It should be tight, I like it tight, always have. LOL.

9. I PM'd the most awesome mod @[member="ICGreen"] in hopes of getting the thread's title changed -- since it's not really applicable anymore. Going more for a 'perpetual closet grow' subject :bongin:

In other news, all those bright ass 6500k CFL's from the first grow really brightened up my otherwise dim and gloomy basement, and other areas around my business....so they aren't going to waste.

10. Thanks @[member="ICGreen"] :bongin:

11. This is gonna get interesting soon.

12. Round two, ding ding!

13. #293 NGP, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Couple more days for some pics guys....need to have something to take a pic of :) Right now there are some sprouts....some larger than others. I'm waiting to see if anymore late bloomer beans wanna pop before we get started. I had 2 pop overnight after more than 3 days using the paper towel method, my preferred germ choice.  Anyway, I'll stop there...want to get all that into my 1st post showing off the "girls" (which we hope are all girls...some are fem seeds, some aren't).

In the meantime, enjoy looking at about 8oz (what's left of the 17+) of what remains from the last grow. All jarred up just getting better everyday. :smoke:

201409300747060.JPG

I would love to start from clone, if I had them readily available. I know a couple growers in the area, but none well enough that would break me off some clones. The ones I know around here grow local only strains and they don't let go of that. In my last grow, I took clones but gave up on that effort trying to run a clone room and a flower room simultaneously in two areas of the building. It's not conducive to my area. So I am forced to stick with 1 room only here. I purposely started the seeds under 1000w MH at 100% to get things moving along. I don't want a long veg.

It's looking like 8 plants everyone....at least that's what has sprouted and I have sitting in 1gal FFOF pots. I'll get some pics up tonight so you guys can see what's happening in the closet. Loving the temps too...fall is here so my passive intake is bringing in 60 degree (F) cold air into the tent, and with the light on in the daytime my tent is only getting up to 75 degrees.

Thanks for following, and also to the new faces and subs here. You're in for another great grow with more HD pics. Those who followed in my last grow know my plants aren't camera shy. They like to show off :ey:

15. #296 NGP, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Oh and I'm in a particularly good mood because I just bought a Sov Stem8 .... I've been looking for one for over a year now and have always either been a day late or a dollar short. So I'll put some pics of that beast up in here when I get it shipped to me sometime next week. It's a brand new one, sandblasted logo too :bongin:

Excellent.

17. EPIC!! You know a tent is big when you can put a fucking table in it yo....

So bro you already smoked over half an elbow? :ey: LOL

Dude I am starting to think TH Seeds is money... my Critical Hog, your Wreckage, this here Kushage... I just started a Sage n Sour and I have 2 Auto Bubblegums at just under 2 weeks.

Experimenting with some defoliation on the Kushage... I am one who is extremely skeptical but I can't advise against it if I have never personally tried it so I am giving it a go.

Attached Files:

So let me see if I have this straight. You are trying it so you can advise against it, LOL. Sounds like my last marriage, LOL. Or the first one even.

Well if I get results then I won't advise against it but I don't expect results... it just seems so contrary to everything I know about plant biology.