Still in the closet - My perpetual 1000w Multi-Strain Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NGP, Jun 28, 2014.

1. #61 NGP, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014

Thanks for coming aboard! Yes, so far I like the nute line. I'm experienced with Advanced Nutrients line (not conny level) but was looking for something a little cheaper, that still had the pH stabilizer like the Advanced line. My reverse osmosis water is 6.0pH from the source, so I just mix in the nutes and don't test a thing. Nothing looks bad, I haven't even tested my soil's pH. If it gets to the point that I need to check something based on what she's telling me, then I will. Why fix something that ain't broke, ya know? I could also note, that growing at night curbs the enthusiasm to want to visit the grow all throughout the day, and find things to nitpick about. When it's at night, they remain practically undistrubed, and I have the flower room setup pretty self sufficiently.

Also, I got the lights sync'd up now for the most part. The LED flips on about 2 minutes after the HPS, and turns off about a minute before the HPS does, so that's as close as I could get using two different mechanical timers, with different minute increments. I'll just keep an eye on them to make sure they are staying at this interval and don't overlap. Not that a few minutes extra or less in flower is going to be a huge deal in the end anyway...

Just as a teaser, I snapped this just about a minute before the HPS turned off this morning.

DSCF0569.JPG

This is what will eventually be the tallest main cola of the Girl Scout Cookies. You can tell from my past pics, it clearly is my favorite to watch growing. It's the largest, and looks beautiful! Look at that trail of bud starting to form!

....tonight starts Week 3, so the girls all get fed another full flower line for Week 3. Should be updating this tonight, panda film is supposed to arrive so the flower room should have new flooring in my next pics. Stay tuned!

2. #62 webstock, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Yeah I am 4 wks in 12/12 Thursday. You and I look at things sort of the same. My lights are reverse from yours, I have a blacked out room and I would rather know I don't have to sweat light leaks than anything else. Otherwise we are on the same page. I am still using a fertilizer nute for flowering about every third watering to make sure the strength stays up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Cool I'm checkout your grow! :smoke:

4. #64 NGP, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    ** Update 7/22 - Day 15 **

Ok, we got the mylar 5.5mil reflective material installed on the floor now, to get the most of the light in here. It just makes things look brighter overall!

DSCF0585.JPG DSCF0582.JPG

Did a full feeding tonight, today marks the first day of Week 3, Day 15.

Shot of the canopy...

DSCF0591.JPG

Caught a shot of the LED on by itself, just before the HPS switched on to start it's 12hr cycle tonight

DSCF0581.JPG

Quick shot of the Girl Scout Cookies
    DSCF0586.JPG
    This is the same budsite that I've repeated taking pics of in earlier posts, so you can see it's progression if you go back. But why go back? All we care about is going forward! Grow baby grow!

The slowest to flower, but still the #2 largest is the Wreckage. It's definitely budding, just slowly. It's a Sativa (Trainwreck x S.A.G.E.), so it's no surprise that it's going to take longer to finish. I'm in no rush with any of these.

They can take their time.... :hello:

Thanks for following along :smoke:

5. Love the LED image! I have an led in a grow tent that I may put in the mix but I am not sure it adds anything. I guess more light is more light. I have never used foliar feeding but am exploring that today. I just discovered budding at the first node on two of my plants..... NEVER seen that before!

6. #66 NGP, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014

I really liked going through your grow(s). Amazing stuff! I'm subscribed.

I had a little heat burn on the top leaves for the GSC. She's still growing an inch a day, so I'm glad I re-hung that hood to ratchet rope pulleys to get maximum height from the 9ft ceiling. Just a few discolored heat spots where she stretched too close to the hood, no bud was harmed caught it in time. The GSC is just going to be a really big plant. Considering it's a hybrid with a "medium" height classification according to Cali Connections, she sure is a big bitch. She also started preflowering in 18/6 veg when I was around week 4. I took these to 6 weeks veg, so their size is due in part to that, but the GSC is totally my favorite to watch grow.

The Wreckage is starting to catch up a little. The lower half of the plant is starting to bud up nicely, whereas, oddly enough, the top half is swelling but the hairs are slower to progress. I've never grown a Trainwreck cross, but it's a pure sativa according to TH Seeds so it's no surprise it will take longer in flower. No rush, she can have the room all to herself to finish the last couple of weeks if I harvest the others first.

Both of the Ultra Sour's look great! Budding up nicely. Everything in the garden actually looks pretty fucking nice for going into week 3. I will say I am impressed with how vegging with nothing but CFL's turned these into really great and healthy looking plants. I don't think I could have gotten better veg results under an MH to be honest. But I am glad to have them under HPS, there's no way the garden would be this lush without all the watts!

Will do a pictures update possibly this weekend. Thanks for following :metal:

7. Very cool. Waiting on a picture update

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #68 NGP, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    ** Update 7/25 - Day 18 **

Nothing major to report. The GSC and Wreckage are drinking about the same now, they each got a gallon of RO tonight just to brighten up their soil a bit, it was ready to be replenished since the full feeding a couple nights ago. Tonight I decided to take a few shots of the Ultra Sour's.

These are TH Seeds MK Ultra x East Coast Sour D = Ultra Sour

Under the LED just before the HPS fired up
    DSCF0593.JPG

DSCF0597.JPG DSCF0598.JPG
    DSCF0595.JPG DSCF0600.JPG

So keeping this one short, I suppose you could say no news is good news :D

9. #69 NGP, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    ** Update 7/28 - Day 20/21 End of Week 3!!! **

Hey blades, just a quick photo update. Good things still going in the garden. These ladies will be entering Week 4 flower tomorrow night! Wow can't believe it, but here's the results :) Enjoy :metal:

Getting tall! Here's a before and after, exactly 1 month ago. Look at that growth!

Before.... June 28....                                                           After.... July 28
    201406271156109.jpg                            DSCF0610.JPG

Wreckage and GSC are both 5ft+ and still growing both up and across, they are getting big and heavy!
    DSCF0602.JPG DSCF0603.JPG
    DSCF0604.JPG DSCF0608.JPG

Canopy shot
    DSCF0611.JPG DSCF0612.JPG

A little more humid than I would like, going to throw a dehumidifier in here. Temps are good though....considering the amount of heat generated in this small space filled with greenery. I have a lot of air moving through this room.
    DSCF0613.JPG

10. Looking good, i would get some support on the wreckage's main cola, when that fucker gets heavy you dont want her to come down, other than that looking great,    Have a good one      

Thanks for checking out my grow :) The 4ft bamboo stakes shoved into each 5 gallon bucket aren't just there to look out of place, they are in place for tying down purposes! And you're right, that Trainwreck x S.A.G.E. is gonna be a big girl. She's also going to run the longest, typical Sativa.

12. #72 NGP, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    ** Update 7/30 - Day 22 Week 4 flower **

Today is the first day of week 4 flower. Fed the ladies at the beginning of the light cycle, just snapped these pics at the end of their 12hr period. I'll let the pics speak for themselves :D

DSCF0614.JPG

Wreckage grew a couple inches since the last height pic...still growing....going to start tying her down again
    DSCF0615.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies getting frosty (and smelly...the terps are really coming out!)
    DSCF0621.JPG DSCF0618.JPG

Ultra Sour
    DSCF0627.JPG DSCF0629.JPG

Wreckage
    DSCF0633.JPG DSCF0634.JPG

Got the temps and humidity dialed in :)
    DSCF0630.JPG DSCF0616.JPG

Thanks for following along. Won't be much longer now..... :bongin:

13. :bongin: subbed in Brada looking nice 

14. Looks real man,  I like the use of all dif light sources. makes plants thrive. 

My plants are just chillin, about 1.5 ft tall, I forgot what week, but a long time in veg so far. I do need more light. I'll be looking for some used ones this weekend. 1000w hps should do the trick.   But my grow room is taking longer then I wanted. I'll have to update it tomorrow. check it out if you want. TY. I'll follow you

15. Thanks for checking things out here in my garden everyone :D  Really appreciate it!

16. I have read your journal and really enjoyed it. I am going to be growing G.S.C.T.M. as soon as my beans arrive. So I think I will pull up a chair in here if you don't mind and watch you grow it for a while.

17. subbed up just in time for the bud show...do it up NGP :smoking:

honored to have you here, truly.

19. I shall try and live up to that welcome. Thanks man.

It's gonna be a lovely end of summer treat, with enough harvest to last me through fall and just in time to harvest my winter crop! I'm going to be looking at doing a larger Super Lemon Haze grow next time around, at least double the lights here in a 10x10 :D

Happy to have you along blade :bongin: