Possible Street Cat Followed Me Home And Wont Leave

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Cheshire-Cat, Jun 28, 2014.

1. I was out last night with a friend quite a way from home when I heard a cat scream and saw it sprint across the road and sit in front of us. I stroked it as I walked past and it decided to follow us. It must have followed us around for a good 2 hours and followed me home. He ended up sitting outside the front door crying all night so this morning I took him to the vets to see if he had a chip.
    Well he doesnt and ive got him back home again. If no one calls the vets to ask if someone brought him in for two weeks then hes mine.
    Hes only about 1-2 years old and timid as anything.
    I'm thinking of either calling him Ziggy or Marley. Not sure which suits him yet

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Its funny cause your user name is "cat"

No but back on topic, keep the cat, don't take it to a shelter, it will be out down

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That's a pretty cat!

4. I like the name Ziggy!

Love that first picture.  I be he's purring.

5. I am keeping him now. No one has claimed him so the vets are going to chip, neuter and de-worm him on wednesday.
    He doesnt purr much. But he looks like he's always smiling and wont leave my side when im home. I just hope his appetite settles. 3 pouches of cat food a day and he still cries for more! Haha

He's likely not used to being fed, so the luxury of having food given to him instead of him having to work for it he's gotta be loving.

7. he looks good :ey:

8. That's what I was thinking. Or worms. Ill find out if after he's de-wormed he slows down.

Most cats (especially outdoors) will have some kind of worm alot of times passed from it's mother. Even if it's not from their mother, outdoor cats eat nasty stuff that they could catch something from.

10. Good for you, hope Ziggy has a forever home.

11. Badass looking cat! Badass human too

12. I feel like one of them overproud parents haha.
    My sister is convinced he's imprinted on me.

13.   Nnnngh.. heart strings.. plucked.

Seems like this cat has had a home before and either ran away, or was abandoned :(

But its got a good home now :)

14. Dry food man. Keep feeding it wet food and it wont eat dry. Use a can of high quality wet food as a treat.

15. Very cute! You're close to becoming that cat's 4th owner/butler

16. Did you land on a name yet?

17. Cute cat, he still looks like a kitten, maybe a year old? or that might just be the angle of the pic.  I love cats thanks for giving one a good home  :hello:  :smoking:

18. I have been feeding him that whiskers with the jelly
    My older cat has been on that all her life. Plus a handful of crunchy treats every now and then.

Ive been trying both Ziggy and Marley but he's responding to Marley more so I'm sticking with that.

He's close to around 1-1 and a half

19. Looks almost like my cat cheeze. Looks like a happy cat.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

20. Also reminds me of our late friend "Raul" (rah-ooohl).

Not to bring negativity or worries, But I'm wondering what color your new friends eyes are. Raul's eyes were copper colored which is sometimes an indication & associated with a rare liver disorder that can be fatal. As cool as it looks, I really hope the eyes are not copper color. But if so.... keep an eye out for urinary tract issues. It's not known exactly why the copper eye color is associated with the problem but is a common factor of this issue.
    http://www.vshcarolinas.com/pdf/VSH_Burger.pdf
    Raul was was found a stray at about 8 weeks when we got him. He lived to be just over a year when things went really bad. Your friend looks about 2 years at the most & looks very healthy. Hope things stay that way.
    He spread so much love & happiness. The cost of surgery & special food was very expensive but it was worth every penny in the attempt to save/prolong & improve the quality of his life. Unfortunately it didn't work & we couldn't let him continue to suffer. We had to say goodbye to his little body for now.
    We miss Raul very much but his immense energy lives. He will never be completely gone or forgotten.

You've got a very beautiful friend there.From what I gather...I'll bet you'll pay close attention to his health & unique personality. Your friend is very luck to have found you & I hope everything works out for the best for all. Seems that up to this point, it has.

It's a rare condition & my thoughts are "Everything is going to be fine"

Sending positive energy, best wishes & hopes of  a long, healthy & happy life of mutual love & friendship to you & yours. Thanks for saving a life.

Attached Files: