Breeding Question Help Please

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by PolarBeargrower, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Hello GC, I had a breeding question that I cannot seem to find the answer to. So from what I understand if you take to separate strains and cross them, the result would be a f1 hybrid... Is that correct? So then lets say you have two f1 plants and cross them together.... This is where it gets confusing for me.. Wouldn't crossing a f1 with a f1 result in a f2???? Or would it result in a bx2?? Basically my question is what is the difference between a Bx2, and a F2?? Because isn't backcrossing taking two of the same strain and crossing it with itself??

Thank you very much for your posts in advance and sorry for the confusing question..

2. Huh.... No one Knows??

3. I myself have been quite laid off of the weed forums and I have no idea what a Bx is. I know that if you breed an f1 to a f1 with the intent of locking down certain characteristics. The result is an f2. I don't remember what the f stands for but the number after the f is telling you what generation of that strain is. If you inbreed the same phenos 5-10 times and get the same characteristics every generation you have created a strain.